1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Really got a mixed feeling about this.
It's refreshing to see an alternativ facial expression and hair style. The endor outfit is also great.
But I don't need that sandstorm gear. And I don't think selling the original set without the jedi tunic, handcuff and original HS will get me nearly there to upgrade to the deluxe.
Without those missing features from the original set, this still is not the ultimate Luke Skywalker ROTJ set. It's more like you would need both...

I think I'd rather pass.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Hermmm.... yeaahhhh. That’s a swift leg swing to the testes. Really should have been a deluxe to start with.
Maybe my annoyance will dissipate when I finally receive my Luke maybe next month?[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got 2 of the first figure and with this one I’ll have plenty of option to have them all displayed with different styles.

Three very different Lukes.
Pretty happy here

Im not surprised with this. They triple-dipped with the Death Trooper. I have the ROTJ still boxed. No room in the current Imperial display. I’ll just hunt down the extra gloves hands, headsculpt and Endor gear. No interest in the windswept hair or base. I like his expression on this better than the original though.
Bring on the Scout Trooper!

I have the first release and this is the perfect companion: action portrait and Endor gear. No intetest in sanstorm poncho but the second headsculpt is the icing on the cake for my custom Jabba's Palace Luke. Jackpot for HT!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Pretty excited for this as I held off on the first release. I just hope they have done away with the swole body suit. Wish he came with the brown cloak but I guess they had to give the first version something unique about it if they had planned this deluxe all along.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So to clarify, this new figure has everything the first Jedi Luke figure had except the cloak, the Jedi tunic, the hand cuffs and the base. It has a new sculpt with gritted teeth, , 2 new gloved hands, the Endor poncho and helmet. And a new Endor base.

The Deluxe version includes: The Tatooine cloak, Jedi tunic, goggles, a 2nd battle damaged hand, a new swap out hair sculpt and the bonus head sculpt is the Jedi sculpt but with the eyes now looking to the right.

Im fine with this release, since there are so many display options. Potentially 7 (?) unique looks. This saves me the trouble of buying an extra body/head/costume again. The standard version is pretty bare bones. Its a bad deal considering what you're not getting. Unless its significantly cheaper.

Im disappointed we're getting the same LED arm with the black glove. The deluxe set should've come with an un-gloved LED arm so we could get this scene with the lighted effect.

47574639_10155919032862344_4311018112771162112_o.jpg

Come on Hot Toys. This should have been an option alongside the original regular release. That’s a pretty low blow releasing the deluxe months after the regular just giving the customer enough time to buy the first one. Pretty petty, almost like this is a stunt where Howard is just laughing at his customer base.

Hoping the original version just sits on SS shelves occupying space and costing somebody money.

I like HT but man they sometimes lay the screws on their customer base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really should’ve just been a DX like Bespin Luke. Two bodies and clothing with a **** ton of accessories, I think a lot of us would’ve paid over $300 for it no problem; same with Anakin/Sith Anakin. That said, I’m still buying this with no hesitation. Once HT Jabba is released, being able to have the Palace or Barge display while still being able to have a DS2 or Endor display at the same time just too awesome to pass on. Sometimes it sucks being a sucker for Star Wars.

It would have been a good opportunity to tease Scouts and/or Endor Leia. Shame that's not the case.

This release isn't a surprise, but I understand the sentiment of those (like me) that bought the original. These figures are expensive as they are, and it's difficult to justify double dipping on similar figures. Having said that, you can have two distinct looks wiith the endor gear vs the original. I'm also thinking of having this Luke displayed on a speeder bike.

All I can say is I am happy I have the Bespin DX version (everything in one box) for $300. HT can keep these multiverse Anakin and Luke’s! I have no interest when I feel I am being ripped off or fooled!

Yeah but that was a long time ago. I'm guessing you're looking at $500 give or take to have all of the Jedi looks in 2018. The first Jedi Luke was somewhat of a deal by HT standards.

Recap Edit:
2 Full figures
3 Head sculpts
All the accessories

Roughly $250 a figure. (based off $266 guess for this)

Last edited:

Gotta get.

Sideshow better crank out another run of the Speeder bikes.

Luke was at his most badass in Jedi. Igniting like a boss.
7raymuk4xzw11.gif

This is what kills me. Someone finally made a toy of the version of his lightsaber that's used most in the film instead of the "hero" version.

saber.jpg

I may pick up the windswept hair once it’s parted out. Otherwise happy with my original release.

The toothy headsculpt looks goofy as hell and the non-toothy one gave me an Etan Patz vibe upon first glance.

Damn you Hot Toys! Now I have to decide whether I should pick up one or two of these. I need an endor look to go with my Scout trooper but that sandstorm version is a great look too. Decisions decisions.

Still missing the little knob at the top although I guess its more practical that way.

Back