1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Thing that really miffs me is that the instruction manual said the hair was removable for future accessories. But then they go and release a whole new damn figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot Toys doesn't generally release separate accessory packs though. The only exceptions have been a couple Iron Man releases, but that line is basically their bread and butter.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

All I can say is I am happy I have the Bespin DX version (everything in one box) for $300. HT can keep these multiverse Anakin and Luke’s! I have no interest when I feel I am being ripped off or fooled!

Good days....
ACE0D12D-805F-4FC6-A61C-A59E415BA2DC.jpeg

Thing that really miffs me is that the instruction manual said the hair was removable for future accessories. But then they go and release a whole new damn figure.

And that's likely correct. I'm presuming the hair piece on MMS429 is compatible with the accessories of this figure, and vice versa.

And that's likely correct. I'm presuming the hair piece on MMS429 is compatible with the accessories of this figure, and vice versa.
I’m sure it must be. Seems like they had this planned out.

Where did you get this information/pics? Is there a place to preorder right now?

These are from Hot Toys official FB page. Sideshow will put it for PO soon

So what are we thinking for the Deluxe version, $280?

I never expected to want a Sandstorm Luke before, but it does look surprisingly cool. Just not sure I'd really want to display that over the Endor gear though...

4 head scuplts, special diorama base and tons of accessories

$330+..

I'm not sure what there is to be mad about really. This version was previewed at conventions for quite a while and fairly shortly after the original went up for pre-order. Anyone who wanted to hold out that bad should have had a chance to..

I'm mad that both sculpts are included. If it was Endor Luke with the teeth sculpt and similar accessories I'd be fine; not sure I'd jump on it. But this includes both sculpts making the first release pretty pointless. This one has the eyes looking to the side, so it's slightly different, but I'm annoyed more now because I like that one better than the straight looking sculpt I have.

Also the timing, if this was 2-3 years from now fine; it's been a while. But the other set practically just came out. I think some Australians who ordered from Popcultcha are still waiting for theirs.

4 head scuplts, special diorama base and tons of accessories

$330+..

It's just two head and hair sculpts.

I'm mad that both sculpts are included. If it was Endor Luke with the teeth sculpt and similar accessories I'd be fine; not sure I'd jump on it. But this includes both sculpts making the first release pretty pointless. This one has the eyes looking to the side, so it's slightly different, but I'm annoyed more now because I like that one better than the straight looking sculpt I have.

Also the timing, if this was 2-3 years from now fine; it's been a while. But the other set practically just came out. I think some Australians who ordered from Popcultcha are still waiting for theirs.

It's just two head and hair sculpts.

So 8 head sculpts.

And yeah, first release is totally irrelevant now. I'm thinking of keeping the cloak and binders, selling off the rest of the first ROTJ figure, and then get the new deluxe.

So 8 head sculpts.

And yeah, first release is totally irrelevant now. I'm thinking of keeping the cloak and binders, selling off the rest of the first ROTJ figure, and then get the new deluxe.

Yeah I would do the same, except I've already modded and slimmed down the outfit on mine, and I don't particularly want to have to do that again. :slap

I imagine the first will still hold value if anything for the head sculpt. Looks like the normal one on this is with eyes to the right and it's not PERS. I don't have the original figure, but the hair comes off on that one like the DX07?

If anything, it will be cool for people who want to grab the wind swept hair loose or something like that.

Does the original ROTJ Luke have the black tunic, too, or is it just the Death Star II version of Luke without the tunic?

Also, as a newbie to Hot Toys, I’m hoping they do something like this for Bespin Luke in time for Empire’s 40th anniversary.

Last edited:

Got the normal one for my husband’s birthday in July. RotJ Luke is pretty much his favorite outing for one of his favorite characters, which is saying something. He recently said as he was re-posing our Star Wars figures that while he loves his RotJ Luke above all his other figures, he wishes it was a DX like his Bespin one.

I’m livid that Hot Toys did this. I get business is business, but screwing over a loyal fan base in this way is definitely not good business. I would have ordered this one immediately for his birthday instead.

No interest in this.

I am getting bored of 'new releases' just being slight updates to already released stuff, especially at this price point.

Where is Baze, Death Star Trooper, Gonk etc!!!

So glad I returned the first release but hot toys still can't sculpt Luke

Damn. Was hoping for a Diecast Iron Man Mark 1 with Tony Stark two pack.

Seriously.

Back