1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything, by getting the deluxe I can make this the Jedi Luke and use my current Jedi Luke and make it the Endor Luke , that way I can have a Endor Luke displayed on my shelf as well without worrying about switching outfits

Don’t know why people want to sell their current HT Jedi Lukes :lecture

This was pretty much my plan as well.

This was pretty much my plan as well.

When someone reported that they are trimming the fatsuit on the deluxe , my mind was made up that I was going to use this poncho on my current Jedi Luke .

Plus I can also make the current Jedi Luke the robe wearing Luke without worrying about the staining because I will have the deluxe :wink1:

Either way I go it’s a win, win :lol

Seriously for those who want to sell their current Luke’s...really think about it first

was getting two figs anyways, cloaked luke and endor look, this just gives me more bang for my bus

i like it but after shipping the deluxe would run close to 3 bills.
With Maul, Dooku, E3 Obi Wan- guess Im going to have to settle for my original Jedi Luke release.

daed73b058f0ac4fbfe0a9e4801d1afa.jpg

Found this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought 2 original release Jedi Lukes and was planning on getting the endor Luke as well when preorder came through. The deluxe just gives me that many more options for all three Lukes on display with different outfits at the same time.

Now I just have to figure out if I want another for the sandstorm look alone.
Hmmm

I bought 2 original release Jedi Lukes and was planning on getting the endor Luke as well when preorder came through. The deluxe just gives me that many more options for all three Lukes on display with different outfits at the same time.

Now I just have to figure out if I want another for the sandstorm look alone.
Hmmm

That’s crazy :lol

For hardcore Luke fans definitely need at least 4 figures to display all different looks in ROTJ - Jedi look - Sail barge hair sweep battle look - Endor look - Death Star look... cannot understand the rants for this Deluxe release :dunno. I already have first Jedi version and will pick up Endor next...those who are feel "cheated" beacause of this one should consider quit collecting, this hobby supposed to be fun..not frustration just saying.

I have the first jedi luke and pre ordered the dlx version as well. I always liked the endor version my self as he had the cool poncho.

For hardcore Luke fans definitely need at least 4 figures to display all different looks in ROTJ - Jedi look - Sail barge hair sweep battle look - Endor look - Death Star look... cannot understand the rants for this Deluxe release :dunno. I already have first Jedi version and will pick up Endor next...those who are feel "cheated" beacause of this one should consider quit collecting, this hobby supposed to be fun..not frustration just saying.
Most fans aren’t going to get every single Luke, much less four different variations of ROTJ Luke. What is upsetting people is the cheap tactic of putting the windswept hair on the “Endor” version of Luke and not the “Tatooine” Jedi Knight version.

Telling people to stop collecting doesn’t resolve poor business decisions. If anything, you’re encouraging it. Criticism is part of this hobby.

Poor business decisions ? They gave you options, you're not forced to buy anything. As a consumer/collector, it is entirely up to you to make decision whethere or not to spend money on that product/figure. If you are offended by the way they're doing business, stop buying from them :dunno. You may hate this Deluxe version, but others will love it because they have more OPTIONS to display their farvorite character...just saying.

I think you go a bit too far here. I think people have a right to feel duped, and obviously Hot Toys used this as a strategy. If all 3 releases went up for order at the same time you might have a point, or if Endor Luke didnt come with the tunic and clean hands for example, but this is a very strategic play by Hot toys, and people are just seeing it for what it is

thats said, yes no one is forcing anything on anyone

If I could get my hands on the Endor helmet, poncho, and base I'd be content but wouldn't lose sleep over it. I had a 3.75" Endor Luke that I was very fond of when I was younger so that sort of motivates me to try to grab those parts.

I think you go a bit too far here. I think people have a right to feel duped, and obviously Hot Toys used this as a strategy. If all 3 releases went up for order at the same time you might have a point, or if Endor Luke didnt come with the tunic and clean hands for example, but this is a very strategic play by Hot toys, and people are just seeing it for what it is

thats said, yes no one is forcing anything on anyone

I understand why people feel duped, cheated or whatever...as you said people have a right to freely express what they think and i have nothing against it. Im not Hot Toys apologist, and Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone who felt that way here. Im just saying its pointless to feel angy, this business tactic will definitely continue to be applied for future POs...and its not just Hot Toys way, but other manufacturers in the world are the same.

You bought an Iphone X, later Apple released an upgraded version Iphone XS with some changes. Do you feel cheated ?

Back