1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure I need all of that stuff...
I might look for bits and pieces parted out to make my own ROTJ Luke now that there's so many options.
So are the eyes PERS?

I feel like the toothy sculpt might be better if the rest of the face matched. But it’s like the top half of the face is neutral but the mouth is angry, so it just looks creepy.

Same thing with some smiling sculpts I’ve seen. Sometimes they sculpt the smile but seem to forget that people smile with their whole face. Eyes in particular.

Still undecided on which version (if any) to get, but I'm guessing they're both going to be available for awhile like all the other Lukes, so I can probably take my time.

Still undecided on which version (if any) to get, but I'm guessing they're both going to be available for awhile like all the other Lukes, so I can probably take my time.

I went with the deluxe because the FLEX payment was a few bucks cheaper. :lol

I feel like the toothy sculpt might be better if the rest of the face matched. But it’s like the top half of the face is neutral but the mouth is angry, so it just looks creepy.

Same thing with some smiling sculpts I’ve seen. Sometimes they sculpt the smile but seem to forget that people smile with their whole face. Eyes in particular.

I just rewatched the speeder bike scene from Jedi and the exposed teeth headsculpt looks like it was drawn directly from one of those cuts. I think that sculpt will look best with the Endor rebel helmet on. Although I've got the first release, and feel somewhat kicked in the balls with this new releases, I'm still super tempted to pre-order. Mostly because Luke is my fav and I'd love to have him on a speeder bike.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

Anyone else waiting for Popcultcha to list theirs? Their recent handling and delays doesn't have me too optimistic so I might have to cop the abhorrent international shipping costs from elsewhere.

Hang in there...they put the Stormtrooper up during the week and the Dlx version yesterday.
Only figure i haven't seen go up yet is the Dlx R2D2.

100%. I know many think HT's figures have a tendency to look dead when the eyes are straight on, but at least there are a lot of posing options. With the DX head he'll have to be turned 70 degrees the entire time if I want it to look good lol. I plan on selling that off and trying to pick up the original sculpt if I can... or like I mentioned, just buying the MMS429 as a whole.

I've been searching for a speeder bike all day lol.

Yep. When the eyes are looking straight ahead, you can simply just turn the head if you want him looking to the side. However, with the eyes already looking to the side, you can’t make it look straight ahead.

I just rewatched the speeder bike scene from Jedi and the exposed teeth headsculpt looks like it was drawn directly from one of those cuts. I think that sculpt will look best with the Endor rebel helmet on. Although I've got the first release, and feel somewhat kicked in the balls with this new releases, I'm still super tempted to pre-order. Mostly because Luke is my fav and I'd love to have him on a speeder bike.

Yeah from the pics they showed, I thought the gritted teeth sculpt worked pretty well with the helmet on. It's only without the helmet that it starts to look off to me.

I think the problem with the windswept look is that it’s a removable hair piece. If it were just a sculpted head like the Inigo one they could probably get it looking far better. Looks like a little wig on a bald person as it basically is. The wind exposing the actual hair line is kinda critical for achieving the look of that original poster.

Probably will get the deluxe but I’m not feeling confident about selling off parts from the original release. Who’s gonna need Luke pants or a shirt this time next year. Plus it’ll be tempting to keep the straight on eyes sculpt. I see the 3 ROTJ cloaks at TA were promptly snatched up today/yesterday.

I was upset about this at first. I had ordered the first ROTJ Luke and this felt like a bit of a slap. I now feel like this is more of a parted up DX (think bespin Luke). We all know that if HT released a two body figure, the price would be similar to the original plus this deluxe release. My this-morning-self would be miffed, but I am surprisingly on board with this now. :lightsabe

I see a lot of people are upset with this release because they brought the first one. I think the first one holds its own.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION

This is what kills me. Someone finally made a toy of the version of his lightsaber that's used most in the film instead of the "hero" version.

View attachment 435588

Nice catch. Another reason to grab this version, is that for the light up saber too?

So I guess ROTJ Rancor Luke is coming next with giant bone and look of distress?

:lol

Hang in there...they put the Stormtrooper up during the week and the Dlx version yesterday.
Only figure i haven't seen go up yet is the Dlx R2D2.

Yeah isn’t the new Bucky up as well on PC?

We knew this was coming. Don’t understand the confusion or anger. Oh wait, that’s right. It’s HT collectors after all :slap:lol

Yeah. I see someone using the word livid to describe their feelings about this release. Anyone who gets livid over the release of a doll has much bigger problems they need to worry about.

It was. And they missed, badly.

hqdefault.jpg

Back