Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who that is, but I can tell you for sure who its not. Luke Skywalker!!

I think the GIF is Rian Johnson...

Congrats, STW!

Awesome customization, Dave! I wish I had your skills and patience!

....and before THIS thread also goes full Crazy Train, I'll add this as a closing comment.

If JJ finds a way to redeem a fully living and corporeal Luke Skywalker in IX, and allows him to pick up the mantel of The New Hope once more (not necessarily as a bad-ass warrior, mind you), and leads the New Kids on the Block into their rightful place in the light, and we wind up with a chorus of singing Ewoks and Porgs celebrating the end of the reign of the First Order, then every part of TLJ is similarly elevated and redeemed in my eyes.

It becomes the tragic middle entry of the epic Trilogy, and all is forgiven and appreciated.

Here's to Hope! New Hope!

....and before THIS thread also goes full Crazy Train, I'll add this as a closing comment.

If JJ finds a way to redeem a fully living and corporeal Luke Skywalker in IX, and allows him to pick up the mantel of The New Hope once more (not necessarily as a bad-ass warrior, mind you), and leads the New Kids on the Block into their rightful place in the light, and we wind up with a chorus of singing Ewoks and Porgs celebrating the end of the reign of the First Order, then every part of TLJ is similarly elevated and redeemed in my eyes.

It becomes the tragic middle entry of the epic Trilogy, and all is forgiven and appreciated.

Here's to Hope! New Hope!
That's what middle chapters do. Wait and see...

But the less headcanon, theories and complicated requests, the more likely to enjoy IX we will be.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I just got this figure the other day. Forgive me if this has already been answered ( I dug through the thread and didn't see anything) but, can anyone tell me what the two tiny metal disks are? Not talking about the batteries, but the two smaller pieces in the plastic baggy. They look like the magnets that they use on the holsters and such. Can't for the life of me figure it out and there doesn't seem to be any mention of them in the instructions.

Here are a couple of shots I took last week when I first got her.

EpROGEZ.jpg

GEsdFzK.jpg

I haven't had a chance to take more pictures, but I had a little time to do a couple of different poses and she's really great! Such a striking presence. The level of detail is remarkable.

BTW, Billy Ray, I think those little metal dots are replacement buttons for the holster.

I think we get ours a month after bbts. I love how everybody who got her has a positive in-hand verdict.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Lightened up the hair on mine, so it's not quite so jet black. And also made the lips a little lighter and pinker like they seemed to be in pics. Not sure but I think it helps give the figure a slightly softer and less severe look now.

View attachment 423729

View attachment 423730

View attachment 423731

And here's a before and after

View attachment 423733

:hi5: DJ ..as I thought that darkish lipstick is once again ruining the likeness, when you make it pink that’s when I see the likeness to Daisy because her lips where more pinkish as I thought

May I ask what pink did you use on her lips..a mix?..drybrush?...wash?

I was thinking of passing on this but damn is this looking good. Might need to order her. Sideshow stuck a $20 coupon on the Anakin figure I just received so maybe..

:hi5: DJ ..as I thought that darkish lipstick is once again ruining the likeness, when you make it pink that’s when I see the likeness to Daisy because her lips where more pinkish as I thought

May I ask what pink did you use on her lips..a mix?..drybrush?...wash?

Thanks Guyver. For the lips I just used some cheap craft paint called "cherry cobbler" which I mixed with a bit of tan paint to lighten and tone it down. And it was brushed on with a few light washes.

10402505 (350x350).jpg

Indeed it is- for the scale and the price point, Hasbro is pretty good consistently with the Black Series figures...

HSBO-BS-IJ-REY-001.jpg

I love this figure - and would REALLY like HT to render this version (no, the "Resistance" one doesn't count)

I should have this HT TLJ Rey figure by the end of next week - can't wait!

Back