Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still really loving this figure, and decided to go for that promo pose she did. Unfortunately there's no way the wrist on the lightup arm will allow it, so I had to use the regular.

20180827_185342 (692x925).jpg

20180827_185357 (621x925).jpg

20180827_185626 (925x847).jpg

She's here! A very quick no-futzing, right out of the box shot...

TLJ-R-E-Y--001.jpg

First impression - she looks great! More shots and thoughts later....

TLJ-R-E-Y--002.jpg

Well, I'm going to sound like a broken record here but it's true....there is nothing like having the figure right in front of you to show how it really looks and this one is outstanding.

TLJ-R-E-Y--003.jpg

Is the portrait dead-on? Are they ever (really)? Like with most of these figures, playing with the light can yeild different results....Ridley is in there, that's for sure.

TLJ-R-E-Y--004.jpg

As others have pointed out, The outfit is really well-rendered and crafted. While at a glance it may look simple, a closer look really brings out the fine details.

I'll enjoy getting more shots of this one before she ends up on the shelf.

So far, my gripes and observations are very minor...if HT is going to include these stand cards, couldn't they include more options (like they did with ROTJ Luke). A panel of Snoke's chamber floor, the hanger floor, a grate from the MF floor and most especially, the unique rocky strata of Crait...all of these could have been great options. Instead, she's left standing on her face (!) or on some Ach-too rocks (where she never appeared in this outfit). The other thing about this card for this stand design...it's very ill-fitting and looks a little cheap because of that. The only other option is having her stand on her face-and that's just ridiculous. I wish they would have made the TLJ -branded label a card too and left the stand bare or like generic decking (like the R1 stands are). It would look better "bare".

They included the staff where... again, she never wears or wields it onscreen wearing this outfit. How about a "force reach" hand? A broken saber hilt? There were other options that would have been appropriate for this figure.... It was also interesting that the box featured another picture of the figure on the back instead of the usual credit list. I liked it -I hope that becomes the trend.

But those are just minor gripes - no big deal.

She's got great presence...I'm glad I got this one. I'll try the other features and get more pictures this weekend...I hope other folks keep posting theirs!

Yeah I'm not really crazy about the base either, and the "rocky" one is a joke since it barely even looks like anything. I'm sure you can probably peel off the red card too though, as I was able to do that with a similar Marvel base and it didn't leave any residue. The cards aren't held on with glue but are just sort of sticky.

Back