Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I think it looks great. I'd say it's pretty close to the proto. I really don't see much difference at all. I do see what someone meant by the eyes looking a little alien, but I think the likeness is still there.

I loved the movie so I'm eager to get this. It'll be the only TLJ figure I get unless they end up releasing Poe.

So, does this mean it'll be another month til Sideshow gets their lot?

I’m so excited to finally get this figure. I think she looks awesome. I’m glad they didn’t delay the release.

I still think it’s her mouth that’s off

If I do an extreme closeup

This looks like Daisy

Her eyes don’t always look big

But when I cut off the mouth , mainly lips

I think HT came pretty close for her eyes. The mouth just needs a lighter shade of lipstick and it needs to spread more around her bottom lip

figure looks good enough to me. I'm debating what to do about it. I already have a few figures i'm paying on and to get her, I'd have to juggle yet another but I also fear if I want her, she's not gonna shelfwarm so I need to decide something.

Is there anyway to know how many of these hot toys made? I'm sure it's less than the Jakku one(which I have and is one of my favorite figures) but how much less? What's the sellout over/under for this one ya think?

The eyes are painted into the wrong shape. Poor framing in the paint app takes away from the sculpt. Her eyes are not that big. Same exact problem with Hoth Leia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still want to pick this up. Planning on an eventual Rey/Kylo team up pose with possibly adding the guards (budget permitting).
I think the sculpt isn’t quite there but I’m sure it’ll look awesome on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see more Hillary Swank in the sculpt than Daisy but still a great looking figure nonetheless.

You beat me to it. I was catching up on the thread and was about to post the very same thing. Hillary Swank eyes are throwing it off for me.

No interest in getting the figure, though, as the film sucked... :monkey3

Isn’t that a good thing!?!? LOL

No! They’re taking away his first amendment right to consistently ***** and troll because of TLJ!

Like I’m not a huge fan of TLJ, even after loving TFA, but I feel like I’ve become a proponent of it because of the insistent whining from the people who had their lives ruined by the movie. If you hated it fine, but stop acting like it’s the first SW movie that wasn’t good.

On the topic of this figure, I think it’s the eyes that are the problem. The jaw should definitely be a bit more square, but the eyes/eyebrows are further off IMO. The eyes are too narrow and the eyebrows are too furrowed, which is only made worse by the fact that the forehead is pretty smooth.

Wow. They completely ruined the head sculpt.
Beautiful figure (if Rey was Asian).
Haven't said that in a while about a HT release.
:rotfl

Sad face though - I was going to pick this up.

You going to mod her Rory..like to see that

As much as I didn’t care for TLJ over all, Rey and Kylo I have enjoyed so far in the ST. The sculpt isn’t perfect but the clothing, for me, just looks phenomenal and reminds me of EU female Jedi. I’ll probably pass and wait for full Jedi Rey in Episode 9, but can’t fault anyone for picking this one up.

I like the way the figure looks even though the likeness is not perfect. I think the side profile in the video looks a lot like Daisy. I will keep my PO and will be thrilled to add to my HT collection. TLJ might not be my favorite of the new movies but I still enjoyed it and will pick up Rey, Kylo, Luke and a guard or two for my TLJ shelf.

Yeah, it’s a nice looking figure, but not really resembling the actor — just the character in terms of outfit, hair style, etc. If you think of it as an EU figure then it’s great, kind of reminds me of the Jyn figure as I don’t think the head sculpt looks much like Jones but the outfit is excellent and it looks good on the shelf.

The H.S reminds me Hilary Schwank...

Yeah, definitely seems to be the biggest issue.

Really doesn’t look that far from the proto, which always looked off.

Yeah, it’s a nice looking figure, but not really resembling the actor — just the character in terms of outfit, hair style, etc. If you think of it as an EU figure then it’s great, kind of reminds me of the Jyn figure as I don’t think the head sculpt looks much like Jones but the outfit is excellent and it looks good on the shelf.

Really doesn’t look that far from the proto, which always looked off.

Agreed on these points. Though I do think the Jyn sculpt better resembles FJ as Jyn more than this sculpt does Rey. I personally don't really see Swank in this sculpt, I do see Daisy more so if I had to guess between the two, but I still think it misses the mark on looking like Daisy and that the sculpt on TFA figure is better in terms of likeness, which I still think wasn't overly superb, but to me is more prevalent in that sculpt than this one.

And also agreed that the production sculpt on this figure pretty much looks exactly like the proto. Nothing appears to have changed at all during the process.

I still think it’s her mouth that’s off

If I do an extreme closeup

This looks like Daisy

Her eyes don’t always look big

But when I cut off the mouth , mainly lips

I think HT came pretty close for her eyes. The mouth just needs a lighter shade of lipstick and it needs to spread more around her bottom lip

The eyes are WAY OFF :) The eyes are the doorways to the soul and this soul is not Daisy Ridley's:) It is a realistic sculpt typical of Hot Toys and it is a nice figure overall. As others have said, the eyes/eyebrows are positioned too far apart. Even with an intent look, Daisy Ridley has an eye shape that is just more circular than this. Bringing the eyes closer and changing the shape, as well as moving the eyebrows with them would greatly improve this figure, but unfortunately, that part of the portrait is already set. Hopefully, we'll get another sculpt we can use on this with the upcoming movie.

Ordinarily, I would forgive something like this sculpt - I'm okay with an imperfect portrait, but this is not close enough. I don't expect perfection - it just has to be a decent likeness.

Great likeness... I liked her in Million Dollar Baby as well.

Eyes, face shape, mouth, everything is off. The mod shows that.

C02A0268-DACD-4A85-87BF-B68F6B77D8ED.jpg

But even the mod isn't perfect (mouth) ,however it is a lot closer and more satisfying.

As guver suggested the pink lips would help it a lot.

Eyes, face shape, mouth, everything is off. The mod shows that.

View attachment 413576

But even the mod isn't perfect (mouth) ,however it is a lot closer and more satisfying.

As guver suggested the pink lips would help it a lot.

Yeah the mod is still off, but it’s much closer to Daisy Ridley and I’d be much more tempted to pick the figure up if it had this headsculpt.

Back