Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are jedi training and resistance outfit versions of the Hasbro black series figures. Therefore the naming is determined by Disney - they will control what information is permitted when advertising merchandise
To prevent spoilers.

Like the first batch of Rey figures for TFA in stores. They didn't come with the Skywalker lightsaber.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I see the possiblity of the "Resistance" version being re-released with the outfit slightly distressed, the different armbands/wraps, the staff, the poncho, the broken light saber hilt and some "Jedi " text books and an alternate/updated head sculpt as a convention exclusive (or Disney Store).

That would be one way to re-use a lot of the items from the previous release and present collectors/fans with a "complete" figure as she was featured through most of the film (as well as much of the marketing material)

So far, neither of the figures of Rey presented by HT so far could be considered "deluxe" or complete for the character.

This label is misleading..Luke never trained her and she got these clothes from the Falcon. How is she really in training , that’s what irked me on this film

This label is misleading..Luke never trained her and she got these clothes from the Falcon. How is she really in training , that’s what irked me on this film
Don't let a spoiler-free collector figure name irk you about the film. They never call her that on-screen. [emoji28]

Of course its misleading. On purpose!

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

She went there to train Luke (the jedi master), if you remember. That's probably what they mean.

Hot Toys will be releasing a Luke in training gear to go with it no doubt.

Yeah, there were things I would have done differently with TLJ, but no way I could pass on this! Great figure!

BFBDA296AF274363879E.jpeg

Yeah I was thinking it might have something to do with her being tempted by the dark side, but really it was just about her facing off against Snoke and all his guards. :p

Should HT rename this figure "The Last Jedi - Rey - (Self-Taught Version)"? ;)

:chase

Well she goes to Ahch-to, to give Jedi master Luke some training. So i guess this is her training gear, where by she gives Luke some lessons.

If only Luke had a vag**a, or was a captive or downtrodden animal.........................

I know they're changing the name of the falcon in episode 9 "Rey Wins" to "The Rainbow Warrior".

I'm really excited for this version. Even though she was in it for a relatively short amount of time, it certainly ended up iconic because of that one fight scene if nothing else.

I'm really excited for this version. Even though she was in it for a relatively short amount of time, it certainly ended up iconic because of that one fight scene if nothing else.

Yep, definitely one of the best parts of the movie. We just need Snoke and his throne to complete it. :duff

Still kind of annoyed by the name of this figure, she didn’t spend one second of training in this outfit. Jedi Knight would be more appropriate, as Luke confirmed she had become a Jedi at the end. Resistance outfit is her actual Jedi training uniform.

Still kind of annoyed by the name of this figure, she didn’t spend one second of training in this outfit. Jedi Knight would be more appropriate, as Luke confirmed she had become a Jedi at the end. Resistance outfit is her actual Jedi training uniform.

I'm not sure he said that. He said he wouldn't be the last Jedi. That's not the same as saying that Rey is currently a full-fledged Jedi. Wasn't there some thing in the lore where a Jedi had to make his or her own lightsaber as a last step, if nothing else. Not that there's really anyone to moderate that any more.

Back