Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real history yes. Unfortunatly most of that results from a lack of humility often displayed by leaders. A trait that Jedi are not supposed to have. In Star Wars world, there has never been any good that has come from the dark side. The reign of the Jedi before the purge was the most peace and prosperity that the galaxy has ever seen, and any negative aspects were the result of the little bit of the dark side that remained.

It's just kind of a sick reflection of the times we live in where we gleefully let ourselves off the hook for our bad deeds. Saying like "only human" and platitudes in the importance of balance play on our moral laziness. It's a reassuring message sure, because it's much easier to say you're "only human" and do whatever the heck you want than commit to the hard work, humility, and self sacrifice needed to actually better yourself. Virtues that this series used to promote.

:goodpost:

Also wanted to ask what do you guys think the chances are of getting a Snoke hot toy? Im definitely getting Rey and Kylo and he seems like he would be a great addition. He has also had a lot of merchandise for this movie, and he's only about 7 feet tall, which shorter than Chewbacca. It seems he will have some major scenes in this movie and and I'd really of a hot toy of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Snoke at some point. It probably depends on how much he's in the new film and is actually clearly seen.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Snoke at some point. It probably depends on how much he's in the new film and is actually clearly seen.

Will be interesting to see how many figures they release for TLJ after the TFA shelf warmers. Rogue one hasn't even got the full cast of main characters which makes me think we may see limited releases for TLJ or at most just variants of the main characters. Poe Dameron gives me hope but at the same time I can't help but feel he is sort of a 'left over' from TFA. Just feels that with this fig not penned for shelf distribution until September next year, when the Han Solo movie will becoming out (?) with yet more figs they will no doubt be making, that we won't get many from TLJ either.

Guess it's going to be one of those wait and see things.

Alter Ego Comics doesn't charge NRD's. I haven't bought from them but they seem like a reputable place to purchase from given various feedback here and other places.

Yeah they seem pretty cool. They're only request is just that you don't cancel too many preorders, or they might have to ban you from making any others in the future. Which seems pretty reasonable, given what a pain I'm sure that is to deal with.

Rey looks great, but like others have said, the face is off. But it's still early yet, they might tweak it before release.
You'd think in the age we're living in they can utilize 3D scans of the actors.
Still, I'm probably going to sell off my TFA version in favor of this one.

Rey looks great, but like others have said, the face is off. But it's still early yet, they might tweak it before release.
You'd think in the age we're living in they can utilize 3D scans of the actors.
Still, I'm probably going to sell off my TFA version in favor of this one.

That's exactly what they do..? The sculpt looks perfect to my eyes.

This Rey figure looks terrific! I’m torn between ordering or not because I don’t want to have too many Rey’s and I’m sure her look in the third movie will be her coolest (maybe)

This Rey figure looks terrific! I’m torn between ordering or not because I don’t want to have too many Rey’s and I’m sure her look in the third movie will be her coolest (maybe)
Preorder at BBTS, cancel if you change your mind hehe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think now BBTS wants you to pay a NRD. You have to pay $22.50 NRD to pre-order her with BBTS. :(
Ohhh...well u can just wait. I got my rey cheaper ($180) than PO price. I think the costume is too similar to the previous one and i think it should be save to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh man bbts has nrd now? I've seen it on really pricy items.... I guess I'll wait and see, I do think this looks like a great head sculpt and happy she has the light up saber

That's exactly what they do..? The sculpt looks perfect to my eyes.
Not a 3D scan. They are hand-sculpted by artists meticulously copying the features off of several photographs of the actors. More art and craft than technological terror... to quote Rey's grand daddy.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

The more I look at it the worse it gets. HT just can’t get her look right. It’s better than Scavenger Rey but that’s not saying much.

Back