Hot Toys MMS 446 - The Last Jedi Rey (Jedi Training)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a re=porpoising of the idea behind the Journal of the Whills. Back in the early 70's Lucas considered using said book as Leia's diary of the adventures our heroes had lived through. R2 would somehow find his way to present day Earth and the book would be found. That would be how we know of the events in the OT. Lucas dropped the idea (thankfully)

I think the possibility of Finn being a Jedi is still very high. They never say he's not force sensitive and Maz, who is Force sensitive, gives Finn the lightsaber and then tells him to use it. I don't see why she would do that if he wasn't force sensitive. He is also shown to break the FO trooper programming, so he's not weak minded. He appears to do this when he has his "awakening" on Jakku, which is said to be a light side nexus, in the same way Dagobah, Malachor, and Morriband are dark side nexus'.

And I think grey Jedi is where this Trilogy is going. The concept of yin and yang, true balance between light and dark, and ultimately embracing the complete view of the force is the destiny for both Rey and Kylo. Even the Force Awakens novel opens with an excerpt from the Journal of the Whills.

I still don't like it. Balance between "benevolent peacekeeping monks" and "wanton slaughter of children/planet destroying" isn't a balance at all.

There's been so much focus lately on true harmony in life being in the middle of good and evil. Just seems like the ethically lazy and morally dubious way to justify bad behavior. The aim should be to be 100% good in life and completely eradicate the darkness.

The Jedi may have been weird and unrelateable, but their system worked and the galaxy was a much better place during their reign. We have never seen anything but suffering and evil come from the dark side, and their presence in any form is a disease on the galaxy.

Re: Hot Toys The Last Jedi Rey 1/6 Figure

That would be awesome. I would want to see them with "dark side eyes." It could be Luke/Finn (full light side) vs Kylo/Rey (dark/grey side) vs Snoke (full dark side). We've never seen a 3 sided force user conflict in Star Wars before.

This intrigues me. The notion that Finn could still be a jedi. A full on Light Jedi with Rey being a Grey is fascinating. I hope we're headed to some such storyline.

Figure looks much better in proto photos than she did at NYCC. Definitely putting her on my list of things I want to preorder.

I like the idea of Finn becoming a Jedi.

To me, even though he may not be as Force sensitive as Rey (as far as we know), he's kind of the one that more deserves it so to speak, in my opinion. Between him and Rey, he's the one that seems to have the strong moral compass and distinctly knows the difference between good and bad, whereas Rey seems to be conflicted, and not only with her Force capabilities. She's searching for her family and doesn't know where she belongs, whereas Finn knows that his family is gone and firmly knows where he doesn't belong and what he doesn't want to be a part of, which is everything the FO represents and stands for.

Finn seems like he can be a strong force for good if he does indeed have Force capabilities and is able to unlock them. I see him making a better ally for Luke when it comes to taking down Snoke and the FO.

Perhaps Finn's ability to easily lock onto and target things (such as in the tie fighter and the MF with Rey) without him seemingly having an explanation for it, is a harbinger that he is indeed Force sensitive himself.

I still don't like it. Balance between "benevolent peacekeeping monks" and "wanton slaughter of children/planet destroying" isn't a balance at all.

There's been so much focus lately on true harmony in life being in the middle of good and evil. Just seems like the ethically lazy and morally dubious way to justify bad behavior. The aim should be to be 100% good in life and completely eradicate the darkness.

The Jedi may have been weird and unrelateable, but their system worked and the galaxy was a much better place during their reign. We have never seen anything but suffering and evil come from the dark side, and their presence in any form is a disease on the galaxy.

My sentiments as well.

Perhaps Finn's ability to easily lock onto and target things (such as in the tie fighter and the MF with Rey) without him seemingly having an explanation for it, is a harbinger that he is indeed Force sensitive himself.

It should be from years of tortuous training that he had to endure as a stormtrooper.

The irony of a well-trained killer turning the tide of war against the warriors would make for a nice thematic arc.

It should be from years of tortuous training that he had to endure as a stormtrooper.

The irony of a well-trained killer turning the tide of war against the warriors would make for a nice thematic arc.

Wasn't that mission on Jakku his first mission? If so, he was indeed then trained to be a killer, but only went as far as that. Like you said, it would make for a nice thematic arc to have someone who was initially trained to be a killer and refused to do it, be trained to bring the war against those who trained him to be what he refused to do.

The one thing ignored when people postulate the "balance" ideas is that the dark as we know it from Ep 1-7 is actually a perversion of itself. Dark force use is not inherently evil until you shun all light from yourself. That is where the Sith come in.

What the theories entail (the better ones) is that no matter what the dark side is in comparison to the light it cannot be ignored and rejected as light casts shadows. So with more light there is more dark. The middle is a functioning harmony.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The one thing ignored when people postulate the "balance" ideas is that the dark as we know it from Ep 1-7 is actually a perversion of itself. Dark force use is not inherently evil until you shun all light from yourself. That is where the Sith come in.
But any of the benefits the dark side has only come from the light side. The dark side offers nothing but curruption and evil. All light is what the goal should be. This balance only means accepting the bad parts of yourself. Essentially giving up on what the goal of life should be (to constantly better yourself) and accepting that failure.

There is zero benefit to the existence of any dark side at all.

Light doesn't cast shadows if there is light everywhere.

You cannot have the dark without the light.
What does that even mean? Makes for a catchy slogan, but doesn't have much practical application.

So what I'm hearing is if you're leading a good life and want to be a more balanced person you need to be more like Charles Manson?

Rey will never be outright bad.

I suspect she will be a "grey" in the sense that she rejects Jedi formalities, but she recognizes the importance of her abilities and capabilities which supports her choice to train in Jedi techniques. She didn't need to go to Ahch-To. Any of the original cast could have made that trip. She chose to go.

Disney has put too much money and time making a new, female heroine that has successfully resonated not only with a lot of fans, but has become a role model to many young girls. They know better than to flip that upside down and make her evil. If anything, the narrative will support her making her own decisions and being strong/independent - far more important characteristics to introduce, given Rey's past.

And that whole line of "it's time for the Jedi to end"? We have no idea if that's clever trailer editing. It could very well be a "It's time for the Jedi as I knew them, to end." Which would support Luke working with Rey from a skills perspective.

So what I'm hearing is if you're leading a good life and want to be a more balanced person you need to be more like Charles Manson?

How do you tell what good is without something to compare to?
b21d4412ad42f9531e329c769688038f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. The universe is equal and opposite. For every good action there is a bad action in some capacity. You may drive to volunteer at a charity, but accidentally hit an animal crossing the street while on your way.

As a child you may have seen someone beat their child (bad), and as a result you chose to teach nonviolence to yours later in life (good).

That's at least what I think the point is trying to instill.

I think that for the future of the Jedi Luke will be that grumpy old mother who don't allow you anything and Rey will be that cool young aunt letting you do everything.

How do you tell what good is without something to compare to?
b21d4412ad42f9531e329c769688038f.png

I suspect a history book detailing the atrocities of the Empire and biographies of select Sith lords will do nicely.

It's a really stupid idea that evil has to exist if there is good. And there is no such thing as a healthy "balance" of evil. The dark side's existence in any capacity is a rot on the universe that can never be accepted.

No. The universe is equal and opposite. For every good action there is a bad action in some capacity. You may drive to volunteer at a charity, but accidentally hit an animal crossing the street while on your way.

As a child you may have seen someone beat their child (bad), and as a result you chose to teach nonviolence to yours later in life (good).

That's at least what I think the point is trying to instill.
And why would any of those bad deeds be something we would want to accept and not completely eradicate?

Last edited:
I think it's more about the fact that human nature has two sides...like it or not.

To balance one good for one evil keeps the pendulum from swinging too far in either direction.

If you try to create nothing but good in the world, you will eventually cause great harm and create evil.
Ask any Emporer, King or Despot, they will all say they did it for the greatest good, but in the end, they create more hatred than kindness. History is full of lessons of people who started out with good intentions and ended up becoming that which they despised.

I think it's more about the fact that human nature has two sides...like it or not.

History is full of lessons of people who started out with good intentions and ended up becoming that which they despised.

mmm, it's disturbing the number of times people have set out to do legitimate good somewhere only to end up creating a world of hurt elsewhere.

Anyways, back to the Rey figure, does anyone know a shop where you can pre-order her that doesn't have NDR? Just noticed BBTS is NRD.

To balance one good for one evil keeps the pendulum from swinging too far in either direction.

If you try to create nothing but good in the world, you will eventually cause great harm and create evil.
Ask any Emporer, King or Despot, they will all say they did it for the greatest good, but in the end, they create more hatred than kindness. History is full of lessons of people who started out with good intentions and ended up becoming that which they despised.

Real history yes. Unfortunatly most of that results from a lack of humility often displayed by leaders. A trait that Jedi are not supposed to have. In Star Wars world, there has never been any good that has come from the dark side. The reign of the Jedi before the purge was the most peace and prosperity that the galaxy has ever seen, and any negative aspects were the result of the little bit of the dark side that remained.

It's just kind of a sick reflection of the times we live in where we gleefully let ourselves off the hook for our bad deeds. Saying like "only human" and platitudes in the importance of balance play on our moral laziness. It's a reassuring message sure, because it's much easier to say you're "only human" and do whatever the heck you want than commit to the hard work, humility, and self sacrifice needed to actually better yourself. Virtues that this series used to promote.

Anyways, back to the Rey figure, does anyone know a shop where you can pre-order her that doesn't have NDR? Just noticed BBTS is NRD.
Alter Ego Comics doesn't charge NRD's. I haven't bought from them but they seem like a reputable place to purchase from given various feedback here and other places.

Back