Hot Toys MMS 434 - Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for the eventual Hot Toys Early Bird set.

Gentle-Giant-Star-Wars-Early-Bird-Set-003.jpg

So is this a brand new ANH Vader or just RO Vader or previous ANH Vader with RO gloves

HT why do you torture us :gah:

Doesn't really look to be anything actually "new" with the Vader. It looks to essentially be a figure with an amalgamation of parts from ANH and R1 Vader.

Doesn't really look to be anything actually "new" with the Vader. It looks to essentially be a figure with an amalgamation of parts from ANH and R1 Vader.

The dome is polished, the gloves are better, the chest box, belt and belt boxes are weathered. There is no sound function. Is has the better ROTJ gloves while it also has the light-up Saber. This is the definitive ANH Vader. If I didn't own the first ANH version I'd definitely buy this one.

The dome is polished, the gloves are better, the chest box, belt and belt boxes are weathered. There is no sound function.

Right. Which is all of what the R1 Vader has. I also presume the cape on this figure is probably the R1 cape.

Though I personally think the original ANH (MMS279) chest box is better. The dials and gadgets on this/the R1 chest box seem like they're spaced a bit too far apart.

I don't know how any one trusts what they're getting with this one when it comes to things like the body, body suit, belt boxes, polished vs unpolished dome, chest box. I like these two shots -- RO chest box vs ANH chest box.

star-wars-grand-moff-tarkin-and-darth-vader-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903162-01.jpg

star-wars-grand-moff-tarkin-and-darth-vader-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903162-02.jpg

Right. Which is all of what the R1 Vader has. I also presume the cape on this figure is probably the R1 cape.

Though I personally think the original ANH (MMS279) chest box is better. The dials and gadgets on this/the R1 chest box seem like they're spaced a bit too far apart.

It also has the ANH cod piece and not the RO diaper which is good!

I don't know how any one trusts what they're getting with this one when it comes to things like the body, body suit, belt boxes, polished vs unpolished dome, chest box. I like these two shots -- RO chest box vs ANH chest box.

star-wars-grand-moff-tarkin-and-darth-vader-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903162-01.jpg

star-wars-grand-moff-tarkin-and-darth-vader-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903162-02.jpg

Yeah, I just noticed that in the pictures at the beginning of the thread. There's shots that have it with the ANH chest box and shots with the R1 chest box.

It also has the ANH cod piece and not the RO diaper which is good!

Indeed it is, considering it's meant to be ANH Vader. :D

Back