1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You a scavenger. You know I can take whatever I want?
55f0b1b20323b4b789030fc8b703d06c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow my Instagram: mirai_ernest

First off, excellent photos and poses to those who posted images of your HT Kylo Ren. Hope to get mine delivered this week. I'm a bit concern with the purchase amount (over 200) since it lacks accessories. Plus, who knows if Hot Toys will create another version. Anything is possible. So far, it seems everyone likes their Kylo Ren a lot. Although this will be my fifth Hot Toys, this will be my first Hot Toys of Star Wars.

I finally broke down and ordered one of these as well. Although I honestly think it's Driver's presence and the way the character was written that I respond to more than the costume design itself.

Although visually I do love the idea of having him on the shelf next to Rey. :)

I believe it is the SSC Deluxe Vader. It comes with an unmasked alt sculpt (which is actually really good for SSC) and a separated helmet w/ stand.

I like my Deluxe Vader. It has some accuracy issues as all Vader's do it seems but he looks good on the shelf. My only complaint is that damn pool noodle of a light saber they gave him.

I believe it is the SSC Deluxe Vader. It comes with an unmasked alt sculpt (which is actually really good for SSC) and a separated helmet w/ stand.

I like my Deluxe Vader. It has some accuracy issues as all Vader's do it seems but he looks good on the shelf. My only complaint is that damn pool noodle of a light saber they gave him.

That's the one that had effects and the bespin base right?

Fantastic! :clap

Where did that Vader mask come from in that scale

The Vader mask came from the Hasbro 12" Anakin to Vader electronic figure: Rebelscum.com: Anakin To Darth Vader 12-Inch Figure From Hasbro

The mount from the table was just some big LED light that I found at home. The mask is sitting on the battery compartment. Haha. I was actually thinking of having this head 3D printed, if the price is right: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/darth-vader-melted-mask-6685

melted vader head.jpg

It'll be a nice contrast. That's the main reason why I bought this, actually.

Agreed - I like Kylo Ren but would have skipped the figure if I wasn't planning to display him with Rey. Someone gave me the idea to use the Hoth Han and Luke bases for Kylo and Rey to reenact their duel and I think it will look stellar. I'm also planning to print off a production painting of the duel to put behind them. I don't usually make diorama type displays but I loved that duel in the fairy tale Starkiller forest.

I finally broke down and ordered one of these as well. Although I honestly think it's Driver's presence and the way the character was written that I respond to more than the costume design itself.

Although visually I do love the idea of having him on the shelf next to Rey. :)

Same here. I bought mine from a fellow Freak; thinking Rey would look pretty lonely (BB-8 will help) without Kylo accompanying her. Of course, Kylo is lonely until some Stormies join him. Ugh...the never-ending cycle. I do like this figure quite a bit though.

That's the one that had effects and the bespin base right?

He has a huge circular base with the Imperial logo on it that lights up so not quite Bespin but could pass as part of the carbon freezing room I guess. His separated helmet comes with a stand as well that is not representative of the movie because my understanding was that "you'll die without it on" unless of course he is in his meditation chamber which is not hermetically sealed or anything, so whatever. Looks more like a samurai helmet stand but the light up feature on the mask is kind of cool.

As far as effect, no sound but had light up belt/chest which mine had a disconnected strap that had to be reglued along w/ some issues at first to get it to light up but now it works fine.

Back