1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures!

Must agree with pixle. If he has an ignited saber in hand, he shouldn't be wearing the hilt of the same saber on his belt. :lecture

Such a great figure. Lots of poseability and the textures/details on the outfit and helmet are killer. After the hood mod I really like the hood down/cape off look. The helmet is so freaking cool looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ said that the ashes that he slammed his helmet into are actually ashes of victims he has killed.

That's some dark ****. He also mentioned that Luke's training in a way led to his betrayal because it helped him become more powerful which combined with his parents essentially abandoning him set him on the path.

My version of Kylo...

2016-04-06_20.09.40.jpg
2016-04-06_20.05.27.jpg
2016-04-06_20.08.05.jpg
2016-04-06_20.08.47.jpg

Will do some proper action pose pictures later.

It's stock robe, I just folded it up under the belt and when you get the desired height apply light stichings to hold it in place. Put the belt back on then Voila!

JJ said that the ashes that he slammed his helmet into are actually ashes of victims he has killed.

That's some dark ****. He also mentioned that Luke's training in a way led to his betrayal because it helped him become more powerful which combined with his parents essentially abandoning him set him on the path.

I liked it better when I thought they were Vader's ashes taken from his funeral pyre along with the melted mask. Sometimes it is better when creatives stop talking and let our imaginations do some work.

Sounds like a pile of .... It doesn't make any sense and if JJ really said that, i hope it's just his personal thought and not a canon.

Sounds like a pile of .... It doesn't make any sense and if JJ really said that, i hope it's just his personal thought and not a canon.

Well it wasn't in the film, so no it's not canon. He just said that was originally why they had the thing with ashes.

Today's Entertainment Weekly behind-the-scenes story to celebrate the release of The Force Awakens on Blu-ray features director J.J. Abrams commenting on the table of ashes that Kylo Ren rests his helmet on.

“Sometimes bits and pieces of one scene end up being something that you use in another scene that you didn’t expect,” Abrams explained in a recent interview. “That’s always kind of fun, when you realize that something you’ve shot actually has a use you didn’t expect.”

Asked for an example, Abrams pointed to the scene in Starkiller Base where Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren is interrogating Daisy Ridley’s Rey and finally takes off his mask. The moment where he puts his mask down into that table of ash was meant for an early sequence.

“The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed,” Abrams says. “That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask.”

Today's Entertainment Weekly behind-the-scenes story to celebrate the release of The Force Awakens on Blu-ray features director J.J. Abrams commenting on the table of ashes that Kylo Ren rests his helmet on.

“Sometimes bits and pieces of one scene end up being something that you use in another scene that you didn’t expect,” Abrams explained in a recent interview. “That’s always kind of fun, when you realize that something you’ve shot actually has a use you didn’t expect.”

Asked for an example, Abrams pointed to the scene in Starkiller Base where Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren is interrogating Daisy Ridley’s Rey and finally takes off his mask. The moment where he puts his mask down into that table of ash was meant for an early sequence.

“The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed,” Abrams says. “That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask.”

Is that true that when Kylo took his helmet off to show Rey, when he slammed it down it was on top of Vader's mask and crushed it

I just hope Kylo Ren keeps his old look. If Disney redesigned him, I'm pretty sure it is for the purpose of making more money from selling episode 8 Kylo Ren merchandise. If they maintain the same old episode 7 design (and people had already bought the toy), then they won't be able to sell the episode 8 variant of Kylo due to the fact that it is the same as the episode 7 variant, and many people already had it. However, I'd like to point out a few things:

1. The mask-Kylo Ren had plenty of time to call in some extra Stormtroopers to get his mask off the bridge. It's gonna cost a lot of money to build a brand new one (especially after the First Order wasted their money on the Starkiller Base). If he does have a spare mask after the first one gets destroyed aboard the Base, it is most likely a copy. Making a copy of the same mask is less costly than making a new one.

2. The tunic he wore-Celebrities and famous people today have hundreds of extra copies of the same clothing in their closet. Darth Vader's mask gets damaged over and over (even that happens in Disney Canon, as seen in the latest Star Wars Rebels episode), and he had plenty of replacements. If he fixed his mask, the effects of the repair would be noticeable (excess screws, bolts, metal covers, and other stuff). We've never seen signs of repair on Darth Vader's mask, so its likely he got a spare one. Back on topic, if Darth Vader can have copies of his valuable helmet, I'm sure Kylo Ren should have copies of his cheaper clothing, ever since Rey damaged his cloth in their duel. If he had health repairs and medical care for his wounds, then his undamaged cloak should cover the injuries, making it look that nothing happened to him.

3. The lightsaber-Like I said in the first two points, he might have a copy. If that is his only one, then he would get a new lightsaber.

Back