1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the water treatment yesterday on my Ren and it absolutely makes a difference. But instead if dunking the lower half of the entire figure , I just lifted the backside of the robe and dunked it into a bowl of water. Once that was completed I went to the front right side bottom of the robe, lifted up and dunked it in the bowl of water. Repeated the same process with the left side.
Now with the hood, guys I’m telling you. Snipping the corners of the hood from the shawl makes a huge difference!!!! Not as limited. Was skeptical at first but so happy I did it. Didn’t dunk the hood in the bowl of water but just sprayed it with water and futz it to my liking. I’ll post pics when it’s 100% complete.

Did the water treatment yesterday on my Ren and it absolutely makes a difference. But instead if dunking the lower half of the entire figure , I just lifted the backside of the robe and dunked it into a bowl of water. Once that was completed I went to the front right side bottom of the robe, lifted up and dunked it in the bowl of water. Repeated the same process with the left side.
Now with the hood, guys I’m telling you. Snipping the corners of the hood from the shawl makes a huge difference!!!! Not as limited. Was skeptical at first but so happy I did it. Didn’t dunk the hood in the bowl of water but just sprayed it with water and futz it to my liking. I’ll post pics when it’s 100% complete.

As I stated I wouldn't give these methods, techniques, ideas, tips, etc a nod if I knew they wouldn't have positive results for us and whatever works for you and that goes for anyone else that's interested, IMO whatever way suites your liking when customizing or modding is the best way and I 100% support this :clap

As I stated I wouldn't give these methods, techniques, ideas, tips, etc a nod if I knew they wouldn't have positive results for us and whatever works for you and that goes for anyone else that's interested, IMO whatever way suites your liking when customizing or modding is the best way and I 100% support this :clap

Yup and you’re the reason why I did this my friend, thank you!!! I would of dunk the whole figure but I’m just too impatient with the drying process. LOL
I just couldn't wait a day or two for the figure to dry. But the water treatment was the best think I could of done top this figure. And guys, detach the corners of the hood from the body. Trust me.

I can't believe I didn't think to just dunk the parts individually! :slap I will be doing that this weekend! :duff

Got this guy 2 days ago! He's my 2nd Hot Toys (1st being Loki). Great figure, I'm very pleased with him. After reading through posts, I know I will be jumping aboard the water treatment train as well. I'm getting Creg's Driver sculpt too so I'm really excited for the potential with this figure as well.

Got my Kylo today. Went to put his battery arm and the zipper instantly fell off. It's a pain trying to get it back on. I'm half tempted to cut off the zipper and replace it with Velcro.

I am also going to do the water treatment this weekend. It has been too busy with work for me to get to this during the week. Also, does any one suspect that HT with do a second version of Kylo from the light saber duel at the end of the movie? I think they will sell it as a battle damaged version with a helmetless portrait.

25769595832_7363ba96d3_o.png

They could also be waiting for Ep. VIII so that here is an incentive to buy him again. Until then though, I am down with CREG's custom Driver head.

Got my Kylo today. Went to put his battery arm and the zipper instantly fell off. It's a pain trying to get it back on. I'm half tempted to cut off the zipper and replace it with Velcro.

I kind of wish HT went this route. Even though I haven't touched the zipper on mine as far as swapping in the battery arm, I think Velcro possibly would have been a little more inconspicuous and less prone to breakage.

I generally think zippers look better, but this is an instance where I think Velcro may have been a bit more expedient.

Has anyone bought a second Kylo sleeve/armor and tried to sew the right arm on instead of having a zipper arm? No led then but....that zipper is a pain.

Whilst I love the figure and character I have decided this doesn't really fit with my collection, so I have mine for sale in the FS section if anyone is interested on a deal.

Sorry for the plug. :duff

I'll only know if any of the TFA characters fit when I get Rey in hand and maybe old Solo and Poe, and see the movie 10 more times. :lol

The OT figures look so right, but Kylo alone on the shelf starts to gnaw at me. Almost want to put him away until he's got some heroes to battle...or kill. :(

I know what you guys mean. Kylo is surrounded by a bunch of OT figures, so he's a bit incongruous. I do have a few Stormies to go with him, but that doesn't really add any TFA variety.

However, knowing I have Rey and BB-8 on PO, it doesn't bother me because I know he won't be alone any longer.

Whilst I love the figure and character I have decided this doesn't really fit with my collection, so I have mine for sale in the FS section if anyone is interested on a deal.

Sorry for the plug. :duff

Sorry to Hear that :thud:

Oh well I'm sure whoever purchases it from you, they will be very pleased from the modding

Has anyone bought a second Kylo sleeve/armor and tried to sew the right arm on instead of having a zipper arm? No led then but....that zipper is a pain.

I replaced his regular arm with the LED arm. After the zipper broke off I just sewed the sleeve up. I can still hit the switch from over the sleeve. Not sure if I recommend it, but it works.

Yea I "found" the spot to hit the switch even zipped up, but was also worried about battery corrosion. And just thought an alternative might be to have two normal sleeves and the regular saber.

Back