1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure its been posted but is there a tutorial on removing the hood and cloak for a water treatment?

Yeah a video would be cool... I would be much more "adventurous" if I saw first hand how to do any particular mod. Not just Ren's hood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple stuff guys

There are like 4 treads holding the hood and cape to the outfit. You just have to sever them with a small scissor or an x acto.

All the "water treatment" is is soaking his clothes (you just have to do the outer/front layer) in water, running the wrinkles out and then letting him dry.

You don't even have to remove the clothes or soak the thing if you don't want. Taking a regular steamer and getting him pretty good worked for me for the same effect that rorywan and giver etc. got.

Removing the hood gives a bit more flexibility when turning his head and allows you to have more variety with how it folds but honestly I don't see how you could get it to lay flat for the down look effectively without gluing it down. In ju opinion it's best to get a second hood and glue it down if you want that look

This water treatment everyone is doing, do you have to soak the material and let it dry naturally?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This water treatment everyone is doing, do you have to soak the material and let it dry naturally?

It's not nearly as complicated as most are making it out to be.

I didnt undress mine I just took a steamer right up to him drenched him massaged out all wrinkles and then dried him with a hair dryer the whole thing took 15 mins.

It looks just like the rest who are undressing and soaking each part individually and air drying and making it way too complicated...

Ah nice one. I will steam the out clothes tomorrow. I have a steamer that should do the job fine! Cheers mate.

hope you used the code too:) nice score.

you can do this?!

Can codes and RPs be used on the same order?! If so I've missed out...

me too! :(

Nope one or the other. You'll like this figure almost guaranteed. I thought heView attachment 249177 was going to be boring, but it's one of the most fun figures all around.

reading these posts was like having a semi stroke :lol I was pretty sure it was one or the other!

looks great :rock

All i did for The water treatment is spray water to the robes still on the figure, give it the shape you want and let it dry. Use a cheap base to not damage the real one

I guess Kylo Ren flanked by 2 or more Stormtroopers looks awesome !
1de24d3cc12f5db4634866516538b3ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any troopers for my Kylo just yet! It really does look great having them side by side!

bd39eb0353109d14e4c417729c186296.jpg

I would really like to copy this shot and have a sandy base for the figures!

I need some cash!!! Tomorrow is bills day. G'damnit! Lol

Back