1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you guys be getting shipping notices if they aren't charging until the 26th? I think you mean processing notices.

Awe crap there it is.....3 in one month, damn you sideshow spread these out!!!
giphy.gif

To me it was how he was throwing his fits. Since he is being compared to Bane since they both have weird voices and masks. Bane came off as angry to me, ill compare them. Listening to that little toad chew Bane out, like a boss he just puts his hand on the guys shoulder, gets angry at him, and snaps his neck.

Kylo on the other hand, just goes into a tantrum destroying a computer console and a chair when he gets mad. Came off as much more childish and emo, just the way he was handled, rather than making him feel like a boss, like Bane did, even though Bane had his own problems and flaws as a character.

I view anger as something that can be restrained, and unleashed at a certain moment, on another person, and a tantrum is like wah wah things arent going my way so im going to scream and cry and break stuff, which is basically what Kylo did. He only killed one guy... who was 90... on his knees... and defenseless.

I think that the fact that he acts like a normal freaking person and not just evil for the sake of evil. Not speaking for everyone, but a normal angry/frustrated person smashed chairs and inanimate things. Killing people and mutilating prisoners send too "evil for the sake of evil". I would say kylo Ren was a perfect angry villain, but I'd still grounded in reality. The only time he kills someone before starkiller is because they were assisting the resistance, and was an enemy to the state. I think we might see a more traditionally "evil" Kylo, but the people who said he wasn't evil enough fall into the same camp as people who didn't like him because he didn't have a bad@$$ burn or scar or "sith" look

I'd totally buy this guy but I've just forked out for HT Vader and HT Sandtrooper so my disposable income is toasted for the foreseeable - My wife 'understands' my collecting/hobby but her tolerance for me spending another £200 on 'dollies' (when I've already spent around £550 on Vader & the Sandtrooper over Dec/Jan) will only go SO far! But I just hope and pray that by the time I do get enough disposable for Kylo he'll not be gone from Sideshow's online shelfs & I'll have to pay over the odds for him to some scalper on EvilBay, Dagnabbit!!😨😠😖😵😭

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Been loving all your pics paramor. Helps ease the pain of having to wait for SS to start shipping. Always love the lighting/posing/angles/focus of your pics. High class work!

:duff

Thank you Spark Extractor, I'm glad you've been enjoying the shots. Nice to know they're appreciated :)

I was pleased with the hood futzing being able to show off Kylo's helmet more.

I'd totally buy this guy but I've just forked out for HT Vader and HT Sandtrooper so my disposable income is toasted for the foreseeable - My wife 'understands' my collecting/hobby but her tolerance for me spending another £200 on 'dollies' (when I've already spent around £550 on Vader & the Sandtrooper over Dec/Jan) will only go SO far! But I just hope and pray that by the time I do get enough disposable for Kylo he'll not be gone from Sideshow's online shelfs & I'll have to pay over the odds for him to some scalper on EvilBay, Dagnabbit!!😨😠😖😵😭

Yes, my balls DO reside in my wife's purse! FYI 😁😄😝😆😂

I think they'll do a 2.0 but I also think that by the time you get it in hand ep8 will be right around the corner so might as well wait and get this one.

Still got Han Luke Poe to announce first

I would just the Hs separately anyways

Hi guys! First post here. Found these forums to be very informative so decided to join. I will be ordering Kylo and if they make another version I would love to pose them together. One with mask, hood and lightsaber out. The other unmasked holding and staring into Vader`s melted face :)

Hi guys! First post here. Found these forums to be very informative so decided to join. I will be ordering Kylo and if they make another version I would love to pose them together. One with mask, hood and lightsaber out. The other unmasked holding and staring into Vader`s melted face :)

Welcome Darth Bones :duff

That sounds like a great idea!

Huh. I got the 26th processing email too, which means it probably won't ship until the 27th so I should have it during the 30th or the 1st. :rock

I think that the fact that he acts like a normal freaking person and not just evil for the sake of evil. Not speaking for everyone, but a normal angry/frustrated person smashed chairs and inanimate things. Killing people and mutilating prisoners send too "evil for the sake of evil". I would say kylo Ren was a perfect angry villain, but I'd still grounded in reality. The only time he kills someone before starkiller is because they were assisting the resistance, and was an enemy to the state. I think we might see a more traditionally "evil" Kylo, but the people who said he wasn't evil enough fall into the same camp as people who didn't like him because he didn't have a bad@$$ burn or scar or "sith" look

Not everyone is going to like the same things. I love the characters look... hated him in the movie... thought he was kind of a b*tch to put it bluntly, but if you liked him, thats perfectly fine. I was just making the point that I really need to see him toughen up in 8... a LOT for me to view him as a great villain. Right now he's not even remotely close to some of my all time favorite villains in films and didnt understand some of the decisions they made with him. Thats all. No biggie. I think he will be very different in the next one.

On one hand, I'm bummed that there's no alternate head sculpt (I assume because this came out before the movie). On the other hand, I need all the money I can get to pay for Red Sonja and The Great Osteomancer (read: OVER ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS), so it's probably for the better.

Just gonna wait until next year or whenever (BECAUSE I'M SURE YOU GUYS AND THE ENTIRE NATION OF JAPAN WON'T RELEASE ANY MORE COOL EXPENSIVE **** IN THE MEANTIME), get the version that I am 100% sure will be made for the next movie, which should include PicassoFace (Now With Battle Damage!).

What you said is definitely true about a terminator, Goeth, and Hannibal. :lol Though I can imagine stories about Hannibal's past being interesting..
But Bane is a little different. Even in TDKR, there are attempts to humanize Bane. His back story was a really good twist too that highlighted his attachment to Talia and why he did things for her.

You made a good point about the Jokers too. Nicholson's Joker comes off as simply a psychotic. But Ledger's Joker seems a bit deeper than that. Yes he's insane and sadistic, but you're not sure to what degree. You could take his "stories" literally as little chunks of his past, but I always saw them as his attempt to appeal to whomever he was talking to. Old man at party - his father, Rachel - his wife. It kinda shows his ability to manipulate others, but it may also show a latent need for people's sympathy.

And yes, Kylo is a plan like wade said. He was surprisingly vulnerable in TFA, but that was only to show how far he'd go to remove that vulnerability. I think he'll be much colder, ruthless, and more Vader-esque in VIII and IX. Thanks for the discussion and perspective. It's nice to have a little friendly back and forth on this.

Yeah, it's actually fun to have a discussion about a new SW film that isn't focussed so much on bashing (as much about the prequels were) - it's fun to have a lot of positives and negatives to debate. My buddies all say "SW is back!" and it's fun to discuss in that context. And I honestly (really :lol) wish I liked TFA just a bit more than I do, and discussing it with you guys does help me out on that front!

I decided to wait for 2.0 on this fig though, which I'm assuming is only 6 months away - I'm an Adam Driver fan and I know everyone goes on about his hairstyle and everything, but I did really like the no-helmet Rey/Kylo interrogation scene.

Back