1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pleased to see how many people here have no tolerance for the anti-Finn racism, but I suppose that's because most of the forum-goers here are adults :) Haven't bought a Hot Toy since Naked Snake back in 2013, and am gonna have to change that for Kylo. Can't wait to get my hands on him, the only thing I'm worried about is if removing his hood means that once you cut the threads that it won't sit right on his head anymore? Or will it still look the same?

So much ugly racism appearing on SSF recently. :(

I generally try to stay civil -- even in the face of frequent internet idiocy, but recently there's been a significant influx of moronic, racist, misogynist trash and I've had my fill.

It masquerades as "manly" or "honest" in the face of "fashionably PC whining".

It's a bunch of anonymous cowards spewing hate disguised as arch social commentary.

Pleased to see how many people here have no tolerance for the anti-Finn racism...

:lecture

There are plenty of reasons to dislike people or fictional characters, but race should never be one of them.

I generally try to stay civil -- even in the face of frequent internet idiocy, but recently there's been a significant influx of moronic, racist, misogynist trash and I've had my fill.

It's a bunch of anonymous cowards spewing hate disguised as arch social commentary.

:exactly:

It makes me sad to think that on the verge of 2016 such ignorance still persists.

I know it perpetuates the internet because I stumble across it every now and then when looking at other forums, but I hate to see it here as well. :(

I just don't the whole anti Finn/anti black in Star Wars movement. Have these people never heard of Lando Calrissian?

Or do they take Chasing Amy too seriously?

Personally I try to avoid flame wars as well, but phrases like "Rey is good for one thing: the Spank Bank" go too far. Whether you liked the character or not, that phrase is downright disgusting. I don't need the mental image of a guy wanking it in front of a 20-something actress stuck in my head.... Aaaand now it's stuck... Have some decency at least is all I'm saying. There's a difference between adding a curse word once in a while to make your posts less "robotic" and posting offensive and racist comments.

I just don't the whole anti Finn/anti black in Star Wars movement. Have these people never heard of Lando Calrissian?

Or do they take Chasing Amy too seriously?

Their "argument" was that since the Stormtroopers were clones of Jango, it didn't make sense for Finn to be black. But that was a load of BS, since we all know that by the time of Star Wars Stormtroopers were just regular folks. Hell, TFA takes place years later, so that'd be even more of a stretch. Really, it was just racism sugar-coated in "bu-buh-but con-co-continuity"...

Omg Trump is on SSF too? Where won't he show up!?
Bringing out all the Amerikkkan superstars I see. And yes, some of the racist and sexist **** flying around here lately is getting sickening. But this was bound to happen. Same conversations happen in Marvel whenever they try to right their past wrongs and make their content more appealing to a wider audience....like America! :slap

Very nice detailing I've never seen before.

Sweet pics Para! He looks incredible.

Awesome pics Para...
That last one!!! Thud....
Man, I didn't want to resort to ebay for this but I don't think I can wait for local Aus etailers to get it in.
Farrrrk.

Wonderful pics!

Impressive shots Jason, especially the last. So glad I have him already. Poor man's photo shoot tomorrow so I'll share some naturally lit shots.

Para, awesome photos. Yeah that last one is God tier.

The fever is real. Great pics guys!

Awesome pics!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wasn't 100% certain on purchasing this fig but these pics convinced me that he would be a great addition to TFA collection. Will have to preorder. Great pics on this and the last page.

Thank you for posting the pics of the figure. I couldn't tell what thread I was in any more with all the discussion about Finn.

Wow! Para is on fire with this figure!

Great shots from Schmitty too....

Keep 'em coming...please!

Many thanks guys, very much appreciated :duff

Love this figure, it's so photogenic. All the doubts I had about it from the blogger pics and now gone that I've seen him in hand.

Love those outdoor shots! :rock

:lecture

There are plenty of reasons to dislike people or fictional characters, but race should never be one of them.

:exactly:

It makes me sad to think that on the verge of 2016 such ignorance still persists.

I know it perpetuates the internet because I stumble across it every now and then when looking at other forums, but I hate to see it here as well. :(

:goodpost:
I normally wouldn't post (as my post count might suggest :lol ) but I have to express my happiness with seeing people on here speaking out against such nonsense. I'd just come to expect those kinds of opinions on here (which do seem to have become more frequently expressed recently) and when little to nothing appears to be done about it (maybe the mods do act and I just don't notice it) you begin to feel as though the whole site is tainted in some way :dunno.

"I am immune to the light"

"By the grace of your training I will not be seduced"

Last edited:
DA8F45A2-5BD1-4D51-AF43-5C75BC183695_zps291w4rtl.jpg

Gahh this is really tempting me, but I'd much rather wait until HT coughs up a new Ren with an Adam Driver sculpt. :pray:

I'm black, I had no problem with Finn. He was a noble character.
Still don't know why race really matters.

Still crossing my fingers for him to be force sensitive.
I'm happy with what we got with Finn. The only thing I want to see more of in the next film is him having more standout moments and feats.

Wanted to chime in regarding the 'do you have a boyfriend?' line. I hate hearing guys say that in real life; it just really rubs me the wrong way. However, when Finn said it he sounded naive and worried, in a way that made me reflect on how Finn spent his whole life in being trained by the Order without much exposure to other people, and potentially without a ton of social conditioning. John Boyega took a line that usually makes me think 'yucky leery guy' and delivered it in a way that made the character more endearing to me. A+ to him.

Back on topic—every photo and video of this figure I see makes me want it more. Kylo was a great villain and the range of motion on the body seems great, even given the layers of clothing. If I can figure out a way to make an evenly-lit saber, this might be my first Star Wars HT figure.

Last edited:

Nice shot inked, looks great. Since I am one of the HT figure collectors that has never and will never use a light up function, I will probly display mine holding the handle only version (like he is getting ready to turn it on) since I don't think the lit or especially unlit blade captures the incredible/chaotic/unstable look of rens saber. I appreciate that HT tried to give the blade that look but it just doesn't really work that well for me and that's not HT fault, I think it's just impossible to make a nonpowered piece of plastic look like a pulsing crackling energy sword.

Back