1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone on the HK seen who has this figure in hand please share some pics... Really looking forward to seeing some different poses etc. Lets get this thread focus back on the figure.

I really, really loved Kylo Ren.

That being said, with no unmasked head sculpt, I won't be purchasing this. Which REALLY bums me out.

Stop being lazy, Hot Toys. That was really the one TFA figure I wanted. :(

I don't think it's laziness. HT probably had no way of knowing that he would be shown maskless, or what his face would look like at the time that the figure was being developed. Again, this kind of thing has worked to their detriment before, with their V1 Ledger Joker being based off of early promotional pics, Mandarin getting a figure, etc. Easy enough to do a battle damaged Ren with maskless sculpt, though. For about $250.

I don't think it's laziness. HT probably had no way of knowing that he would be shown maskless, or what his face would look like at the time that the figure was being developed. Again, this kind of thing has worked to their detriment before, with their V1 Ledger Joker being based off of early promotional pics, Mandarin getting a figure, etc. Easy enough to do a battle damaged Ren with maskless sculpt, though. For about $250.

They shouldn't push figures out so quickly, then. I mean, heck, Kylo was mask-free during his big final battle. There should be a second head. :ohbfrank:

Well they want to capitalize on the hype of the movie. If they waited to get the prototype until after the movie was released, we still wouldn't even have seen this guy. He probably wouldn't be up for order for another 5-6 months. Then, another 6 month wait or so for the figure in-hand. It's a trade-off I suspect most collectors would agree with HT on. And of course, it just makes business sense.

In some instances though, HT will add extras based on stuff from the film that was not known at the time that the figure was first solicited. Recently, they included a small, potted Groot with the full sized version.

Do that many people want to display him unmasked? He was predominantly more intimidating with the mask on. He did a great job in the role all the way, but i just can't imagine wanting to display him unmasked. If they were to make a unmasked sculpt it would probably be a pretty neutral look which he didn't have during the big battle at the end. He really shows he emotions while unmasked and a neutral look just doesn't cut it.

Do that many people want to display him unmasked? He was predominantly more intimidating with the mask on. He did a great job in the role all the way, but i just can't imagine wanting to display him unmasked. If they were to make a unmasked sculpt it would probably be a pretty neutral look which he didn't have during the big battle at the end. He really shows he emotions while unmasked and a neutral look just doesn't cut it.

Why would it have to be neutral? The Avengers Cap has a nice, emotional sculpt where he's kinda yelling. They could do something similar with Kylo Ren.

Well, I'll just wait for round 2 and hope they step up their game, I guess.

I'm fine with how it is now, but a head sculpt would be really nice since the 2 biggest scenes (with Han then Rey) he was unmasked. It would be nice to be able to recreate those scenes accurately.

Why would it have to be neutral? The Avengers Cap has a nice, emotional sculpt where he's kinda yelling. They could do something similar with Kylo Ren.

Well, I'll just wait for round 2 and hope they step up their game, I guess.

They could, but they play it safe and go neutral more often than not. I guess we'll see.

Kylo WAS TFA for me. I need this figure and a 2.0 if they do one. I thought the acting from Adam was top notch, and he looks like a Solo/Skywalker to me so that's why i need the HS. But this will do for now.

But i would get this kids cause it should be one of a kind, cause he aint gonna have the same saber in EP8 i believe it was destroyed along with helmet.

I'm fine with how it is now, but a head sculpt would be really nice since the 2 biggest scenes (with Han then Rey) he was unmasked. It would be nice to be able to recreate those scenes accurately.

Exactly. :clap

Would love to see someone offer a custom sculpt at least.

Kylo WAS TFA for me.
:goodpost: :exactly:

This would be a much easier purchase if the troopers had a better articulation(inner suit issues). but for me, Kylo does better solo on a shelf. It's what I'm gonna tell myself at least until/if HT first order troopers get better inner suit.

I liked Kylo a lot. To me the fact that he's a flawed character who loses control easily and let's his emotions take control made him more interesting than if he was just some badass villain. It gave him something different than what we're used to seeing from Star Wars villains. I'll probably pre-order the figure soon.

Yeah. Plus we'll get to see his full arc in the next two.

(I bet he's just a ****ing bad-ass in the next one. Full on Sith lord, i mean he already killed anyone with no second thoughts can't wait to see now that he's full embraced the dark. Sith eyes in the next one?)

Darth.........................

How can we not have Vader's grandson on our shelf? I know i can't wait!

This scene the way it was shot was phenomenal with the use of the flickering red and blue light

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back