1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This scene the way it was shot was phenomenal with the use of the flickering red and blue light

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agree, it was nice.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Didn't everyone? Are there people who didn't like it?

I mean, it may not be innovative, but it was a terrific Star Wars movie. And Kylo was the best character in a Star Wars movie in 32 years.

Just saw it today.... and yes, enjoyed the hell out of it. Only just trying to catch up on 4 days that I avoided spoilers around here.

I'd check out the Visual Dictionary and the Novelization. The Novel has a lot of stuff that got cut from the film that probably answers some questions. Like how Poe got back and a second encounter with Unkar Plutt. Or here are the two juciest parts of it if you don't want to bother;

Spoiler Spoiler:

(Some cool kids on the board don't like it, try not to let that spoil your enjoyment)

Really? Wow, seems like a pretty entertaining movie, how can people be disappointed? With Phasma, yes, I get that. I was hoping for 2nd Lead Villain territory, but Kylo 'surprised even me' that he was so good at being bad.

I want to know who prefers any of the PT films to this movie. I want names.

:lol

And Kylo was the best character in a Star Wars movie in 32 years.

Seriously! I love this guys battle with the light. I always envisioned a Skywalker/Solo offspring to have his look in my mind. I love the temper, can't wait to learn the rest of his backstory. Character has me so intrigued, and Adam driver hit a homer and killed it!

Seriously! I love this guys battle with the light. I always envisioned a Skywalker/Solo offspring to have his look in my mind. I love the temper, can't wait to learn the rest of his backstory. Character has me so intrigued. And Adam driver hit a homer!

Yes, absolutely. And I went in not liking the character's design, and I didn't care much for Driver either -- but man, was I wrong! And so happy to be wrong! He was great, his character traits were great, and Driver did an amazing job to flesh him out into a believability never seen in the PT.

This is how Anakin SHOULD have been portrayed and acted.

Yes, absolutely. And I went in not liking the character's design, and I didn't care much for Driver either -- but man, was I wrong! And so happy to be wrong! He was great, his character traits were great, and Driver did an amazing job to flesh him out into a believability never seen in the PT.

This is how Anakin SHOULD have been portrayed and acted.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

I'd check out the Visual Dictionary and the Novelization. The Novel has a lot of stuff that got cut from the film that probably answers some questions. Like how Poe got back and a second encounter with Unkar Plutt. Or here are the two juciest parts of it if you don't want to bother;

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm going to have to read the book. That was a great bit of dialog between Ren and Snoke and really fleshed out some of the story. I'm wondering if some of that history won't be brought to light in future sequels.

By the way, I loved the movie. Awesome ride, hit the nostalgia spot many times and introduced some great characters. Really looking forward to the continuation of Luke's story.

Thanks for posting that wadeit0ut! Interesting stuff. It's going to be a long wait until episode 8. So many questions.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There was actually some seemingly important tid bits about Rey in regards to Kylo that I forgot to mention

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really? Wow, seems like a pretty entertaining movie, how can people be disappointed? With Phasma, yes, I get that. I was hoping for 2nd Lead Villain territory, but Kylo 'surprised even me' that he was so good at being bad.

I want to know who prefers any of the PT films to this movie. I want names.

:lol

Hux was a decent 2nd villain. I really liked him; doesn't get intimidated much, plays the blame game, Just Evil and self preservation. or I might have been bias, because I really like the actor.

Hux was a decent 2nd villain. I really liked him; doesn't get intimidated much, plays the blame game, Just Evil and self preservation. or I might have been bias, because I really like the actor.

I agree. I thought Domhall's Hux was just going to be a little prick but he actually seemed to have some balls. He's like a younger cockier Tarkin. Plus he's a great actor.

Yeah, can't say I thought very highly of Hux. He's an angry Piett to me. Uninteresting.

My main complaint of the film is that there was no villain death to cheer about. Everyone got away or just disappeared.

But Kylo will have to do. After all, this is a huge stretch for JJ, because he's generally terrible with his villains and particularly in their comeuppance. So to have one truly great villain is a pleasant surprise.

I agree. I thought Domhall's Hux was just going to be a little prick but he actually seemed to have some balls. He's like a younger cockier Tarkin. Plus he's a great actor.

and he
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, can't say I thought very highly of Hux. He's an angry Piett to me. Uninteresting.

My main complaint of the film is that there was no villain death to cheer about. Everyone got away or just disappeared.

But Kylo will have to do. After all, this is a huge stretch for JJ, because he's generally terrible with his villains and particularly in their comeuppance. So to have one truly great villain is a pleasant surprise.

had to google "piett" and go through images to see which part he came in.

This is my first viewing of JJ's work so I have no idea how he handles villains. Good impression so far, since Villains make or break the movie or a movie in general for me.

Back