1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya that's what I'm guessing since this one isn't sold out yet.

Could also be because people are holding out hope for a 2.0 version. Even if they do one, I don't think they'd be in a hurry to do so. Like CC, especially not before the 1/4 comes out but by that time, it will be close to Episode VIII so people and HT I think will be looking more ahead to that.

Nobody here expected the second TFA Rey, yet here it is and the first one hasn't sold out either.

1/6 TFA Kylo 2.0 is definitely a possibility.

:lol

A lot of people expected it. It's hot toys and its a different look. No brainer.

I refer you to my previous comment re the 1/4.

:lol

A lot of people expected it. It's hot toys and its a different look. No brainer.

I refer you to my previous comment re the 1/4.

I disagree.

I remember being on the Rey thread and other threads & voicing my hopes for the Resistance Outfit Rey to a pretty much universal "They won't make that into a figure because it was only onscreen a few minutes" or "HT won't do another Rey because they'll just wait and make the Episode VIII version."

The thing with Kylo is it wouldn't be a different costume. Unless, like, they make a torn up costume. But I wouldn't want that.

Hot Toys put themselves in a stupid position. They got short term sales on Kylo but then everyone else sees the movie and thinks "maybe I should wait for one with his face".

ok, you guys have gotten in my head and are messing with my judgement. I have Kylo in my cart with the discount applied but I don't know if I should wait for a possible 2.0 or episode VIII. But the answer to this question might help make my decision easier: is the head for the current figure removable? thanks in advance

ok, you guys have gotten in my head and are messing with my judgement. I have Kylo in my cart with the discount applied but I don't know if I should wait for a possible 2.0 or episode VIII. But the answer to this question might help make my decision easier: is the head for the current figure removable? thanks in advance
Yes it is, it's how you remove the cowl if you snip the stitching attaching it to his main outer costume.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm still going to go with a no on HT producing a Kylo 2.0, but then again, HT is all about money grabbers. Regular version Civil War Captain America and "Battling" version Civil War Captain America, for instance. A sculpt with interchangeable face plates, some slight weathering on the suit and a scratched shield being the difference between the two.

Like the BV Cap, perhaps a Kylo 2.0 would also be an EX version so that way they can simply do it really quick and not have to make as many.

I'm still going to go with a no on HT producing a Kylo 2.0, but then again, HT is all about money grabbers. Regular version Civil War Captain America and "Battling" version Civil War Captain America, for instance. A sculpt with interchangeable face plates, some slight weathering on the suit and a scratched shield being the difference between the two.

Like the BV Cap, perhaps a Kylo 2.0 would also be an EX version so that way they can simply do it really quick and not have to make as many.

Perfect example.

Kylo 2.0 would ideally come Battle Damaged without the shawl and with the 1/6 helmet on its own.

That's literally as many differences as the CW BV Cap has from the Reg. Cap. Definitely enough to justify a second figure

If you want it to be totally screen accurate Kylo needs to be wearing a different tunic as well. It's not very obvious when viewing but from the time Kylo confronts Han Solo and throughout the final duel he is NOT wearing the same basket weave patterned tunic as in the rest of the movie. Check out some hi res screen caps and watch the behind the scenes videos you will see it is a completely different fabric tunic.

Perfect example.

Kylo 2.0 would ideally come Battle Damaged without the shawl and with the 1/6 helmet on its own.

That's literally as many differences as the CW BV Cap has from the Reg. Cap. Definitely enough to justify a second figure

Well I went for it with flexpay starting next month. If I change my mind then no harm.

Here are some pics of the different outfit worn by Kylo at the end of TFA. If there were to be a new 1/6 Kylo with an battle damaged and unmasked sculpt it would have to include this outfit. Notice the complete absence of the heavy basket weave tunic he sports in the earlier parts of the film. This outfit seems to be a more woven silk or some kind of pressed leather?... with vertical stitching seams that are about 2 1/2" apart. I would love to see this made.

tumblr_static_13f78c4ztgao48os4oswg80ss.jpgc0dba0f44971a9244784df0af94b565a.jpgkylo-ren-finn-rey-star-wars.jpgtumblr_o4vge5BKPA1v7o9alo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the different outfit worn by Kylo at the end of TFA. If there were to be a new 1/6 Kylo with an battle damaged and unmasked sculpt it would have to include this outfit. Notice the complete absence of the heavy basket weave tunic he sports in the earlier parts of the film. This outfit seems to be a more woven silk or some kind of pressed leather?... with vertical stitching seams that are about 2 1/2" apart. I would love to see this made.

View attachment 290471View attachment 290472View attachment 290473View attachment 290474
If they make that I wouldn't mind getting this one as long as it comes with the scared head sculpt. Like I wouldn't mind a BD armored Batman.

Even though I would have no intentions of getting it regardless, wouldn't a scarred sculpt be slightly inaccurate, since he wasn't shown with it until Rey had essentially defeated him and he was no longer dueling with his saber?

View attachment 290471View attachment 290472View attachment 290473View attachment 290474

Every shot you posted further proves how deserving his third act look is of its own 1/6 figure.

Hopefully HT agrees.

Back