1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean I think there is a 100% chance that he will have a different look in the second film. I'm sure he will have similar styling to what he wore in this film but Robo was worried that his look may change throughout the trilogy and it will.

I mean I think there is a 100% chance that he will have a different look in the second film. I'm sure he will have similar styling to what he wore in this film but Robo was worried that his look may change throughout the trilogy and it will.

Totally agree.

You would think you'd want to establish an iconic look for a character like a Darth Vader in Kylo Ren but I understand the marketing reasons for changing his look; I just don't agree with it. It's one thing to change Finn, Rey or Poe's outfits but I would hope Kylo Ren's stays the same. The only way I'd be OK with a suit change is it was worked into the story - like Snoke giving Kylo a Vader prototype outfit that didn't work out for Vader that suddenly became useful if his [Kylo's] is damaged and helmet still missing.

Could be a cool scene:

. . . . . . .

[A frail Kylo Ren is consoled by Snoke]

- I can't! She's already much stronger than me Supreme Leader!

- No worries my young apprentice. Phase II training begins now.

[Doorway slides open and an image of a suit behind glass is faintly visible behind Kylo Ren.]

- What is this?

- It belonged to your grandfather.

[Camera slowly zooms into Kylo's eyes showing a badly damaged face. His eyes glisten with pride, lust and admiration and his new mask becomes visible in the reflection within his eyes while the main melody of the Imperial March is barely audible]

[End Scene. Cut to Jar Jar Binks training Rey with Luke]

Last edited:

Could be a cool scene:

. . . . . . .

[A frail Kylo Ren is consoled by Snoke]

- I can't! She's already much stronger than me Supreme Leader!

- No worries my young apprentice. Phase II training begins now.

[Doorway slides open and an image of a suit behind glass is faintly visible behind Kylo Ren.]

- What is this?

- It belonged to your grandfather.

[Camera slowly zooms into Kylo's eyes showing a badly damaged face. His eyes glisten with pride, lust and admiration and his new mask becomes visible in the reflection within his eyes while the main melody of the Imperial March is barely audible]

[End Scene. Cut to Jar Jar Binks training Rey with Luke]

Reputation addition worthy.

I can't ever get his hood right, I'm never satisfied with how he's posed because of it.

Some Ideas for you....

IMG_7995.JPG

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8085.JPG

kylo4.jpg

I agree too. If Kylo Ren has any kind of character arc - and he can't not have one - then his look has to change to reflect the changes in him. We've been told that Snoke wants to train him, that in itself anticipates some change in him.

If I were to bet, I'd say he will be mostly the same but with a clean polished helm, and his cloak/hood will be long and elegant instead of ripped.

This would be in keeping with the way they are mirroring certain themes from the OT. Vader had very battle-worn and used armor in ANH, but his gear looked brand new in the next two films.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I don't mind if his look changes, as long as he still wields that bad*** cross-saber of his. But I'm pretty sure Rey destroyed it at the end of their fight.

Btw, still waiting on that Kylo 2.0 with unmasked head sculpt, preferably 1/6 scale.

Cleared a shelf in my detolf for my Force Awakens SW figures. I'm just waiting on Rey to go in with Kylo...

P5170329.JPG

P5170330.jpg

Great pictures, BuGz!

Quick shot of my Kylo in my detolf in front of the Jakku Stormtrooper and the Regular Stormtrooper:

image.jpg

Thanks Silverstar! I love your set up! I need to get a couple of troopers! They just look so cool together like that!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I took a few pics awhile back, but never posted them. Nothing major.

Great figure, though the tunic hangs a bit long for my taste.

026.jpg

022.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

Thanks Silverstar! I love your set up! I need to get a couple of troopers! They just look so cool together like that!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks! :duff

Yes, Kylo being flanked by a couple of troopers is almost obligatory. :lecture

Great figure, great materials used. I'm hoping for a version 2.0, damaged with reveal sculpt.

I'm a fan of the character and this figure really stands out in the cabinet.

I don't mind if his look changes, as long as he still wields that bad*** cross-saber of his. But I'm pretty sure Rey destroyed it at the end of their fight.

Btw, still waiting on that Kylo 2.0 with unmasked head sculpt, preferably 1/6 scale.

Well not to get too spoilery, but from the recent filming descriptions it sounds like he will be keeping the same basic costume in VIII. The question is just what kind of helmet he'll be wearing (or if he'll have one at all, which I kind of suspect he won't).

Back