1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am even more firmly convinced than I was before: electronics on 1:6 figures are just a headache and not worth it.

That's exactly how I feel. I don't even put the batteries on mine (not even my Iron Man). I just completely ignore it. I will probably never zip down my Kylo Ren.

I'm a a bit jealous of everyone whom already has this in hand :p But seeing all the new pictures you're posting is great, really heightening my excitement for the arrival of my own.

Mine's scheduled for delivery Tuesday, but I doubt I'll actually be home from work in time to sign for it, so I may have to endure the excruciating wait for this figure a bit longer.

My first dip into HT 1/6's recently and have never paid attention but what is the usual time frame before waitlisted/sold out on average?

The more I admire my collection, Kylo is probably my favorite even over Vader. Kylo is perfect out of the box, no futzing, great articulation, nothing to worry about other than the zipper and I'm comfortable with my method. The layers of fabric are top notch. I hear the lack of Adam Driver sculpt, unmasked, it added to the character in the movie. But on my display, I want the most menacing villain look I can achieve so I doubt I would displayed him unmasked in the first place. This figure is definitely worth it.

The more I admire my collection, Kylo is probably my favorite even over Vader. Kylo is perfect out of the box, no futzing, great articulation, nothing to worry about other than the zipper and I'm comfortable with my method. The layers of fabric are top notch. I hear the lack of Adam Driver sculpt, unmasked, it added to the character in the movie. But on my display, I want the most menacing villain look I can achieve so I doubt I would displayed him unmasked in the first place. This figure is definitely worth it.

Well said. I'm sold!

My sentiments as well. There's not much on him that requires futzing other than simply posing him around and aside from the zipper apparently for some people (some people, as well as reviews, say that it's pretty sturdy while apparently it's fragile for others), there's not really a lot on him that can be damaged. This figure is perfect as is for me being that I'm in the same boat as you as far as wanting to make my villains look as menacing and formidable as possible. A Driver sculpt just wouldn't acheive that look for me. He'd be too much "Ben Solo" and not enough Kylo Ren.

And like Christoper Walkin has gotta have more cowbell, I gotta have more Kylo. :lol

I felt the pose doing the force push is becoming a little too cliche, so I re-posed him earlier this evening. Simple, but effective in my opinion.

image.jpg

Sadly, a description like this is very appealing to me, but for not great reasons. I am the laziest 1/6 collector - I hate futzing and am terrible at it, and almost never re-pose my figures.

My one issue with Ren's figure, from pictures I've seen, has that he can sometimes look like a blob of ninja-esque black cloth from a distance. He still looks pretty badass, but has that inherent Kylo Ren simplicity (again, from a distance).

But that also seems to be a big positive, in that it's tough to make this figure look bad. So knowing he's something of a plug and play figure is very attractive to me.

Sadly, a description like this is very appealing to me, but for not great reasons. I am the laziest 1/6 collector - I hate futzing and am terrible at it, and almost never re-pose my figures.

My one issue with Ren's figure, from pictures I've seen, has that he can sometimes look like a blob of ninja-esque black cloth from a distance. He still looks pretty badass, but has that inherent Kylo Ren simplicity (again, from a distance).

But that also seems to be a big positive, in that it's tough to make this figure look bad. So knowing he's something of a plug and play figure is very attractive to me.
Yeah, this is probably my favorite figure in my (very, very, very small) collection. I can pose him and mess around with him without having to spend three hours making sure he looks just right. I've already modified his pose four times, and I've only had him since Friday;/I'm not nervous when playing around with him.

Vader's my favorite character of all, but I'll be damned if he isn't an annoying figure to pose, what with having to futz around with the cape, the inner robes, the belt, the chest panel, etc. Don't get me wrong, the moment HT announces an ESB 1/6 scale Vader I'll be all over it, but it'll definitely be somewhat of a stressor for me.

Like all other HT figures, pics don't do it justice. But I'll share another anyways lol.tmp_27121-20160201003413_1-320888445.jpg

I felt the pose doing the force push is becoming a little too cliche, so I re-posed him earlier this evening. Simple, but effective in my opinion.

View attachment 242161
Doesn't matter what everyone else is doing. If you like something a particular way, then that's all that matters. Everyone and their grandmother uses either detolfs or bestas to display their collectibles, but I would still refer new collectors to them.

Personally, I like the pose from the earlier teaser where Kylo Ren sorta thrusts the saber downward as it ignites. So, I'll be modifying that pose to combine it with the force push hand.

Back