1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and that ROTS is.:dunno

It's far and away the best Prequel (there's long parts you can actually watch with interest) but a perfect score seems a stretch.

I watch fifteen minutes of the final duel, then leave to do laundry and have a meal with the movie still playing in upstairs, then return to watch the final 45 minutes of it. Oddly, the length of the ROTS final duel actually exceeds the total running time of the movie.:dunno

Couldn't disagree more about ROTS. Every scene engages me.

-Obi-Wan and Anakin "rescuing" Palpatine & Anakin killing Dooku at Palpatine's behest... "You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

"Hello there."
-Obi-Wan dispatching Grievous with massive balls

-Palpatine filling Anakin's head with doubt regarding the Jedi & curiosity about the Sith. "The Dark Side of The Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural."

Sidious vs. Mace. "I AM the senate."

Anakin turns..."You are fulfilling your destiny, Anakin."

The Republic falls.."The attempts on my life have left me scarred and deformed. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!"

Yoda and Obi-Wan slaying a garrison of clones and then plotting their next move...
"Send me to kill the Emperor. He is like my brother."

Obi-Wan visiting Padme to obtain his target's location..."You're going to kill him, aren't you?"

The battle between brothers..."I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do."

Yoda takes on Sidious...."Faith in your new apprentice misplaced may be, as is your faith in the Dark Side of The Force."

Obi-Wan does what must be done..."You were the Chosen One. It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them. Bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness."

I could quote the entire movie by heart. Its a great ****ing movie and the prequel I waited 30 years to see. It answered all the questions I had beautifully. McDiarmid is superb as Palpatine and McGregor finally blows Obi-Wan outta the water. Even Hayden works in ROTS.

Seeing Palpatine slowly sell Anakin on the Dark Side will never get old to me nor watching Yoda & Mace desperately battle Sidious in an effort to save the Jedi.

Hurr durr lets belittle other people on the internet because that means something:dunno

It's true though. Randomly ranking the movies in this thread is silly when you think about it. I just thought it was funny and a little weird how on the cusp of a figure release (Sideshow is getting these as we speak right?), there is post after post of members ranking away movies they've probably already ranked a hundred times on this very forum. It comes off as a bit peculiar.

Like what are those posts even saying when you look back at them, what are you guys trying to communicate with each other than the usual "Empire is the best", "one of the prequels is the worst"? :lol Such a bizarre culture and yeah, I think it definitely stems out of validation of an opinion of some sort. How is that belittling, is it the "hurr durr"? This doesn't come off as a little touched? Just wait until Rogue One, Han Solo and Episode 8 is thrown into the mix and we see pages and pages that look like this,

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story 0/10
Episode 8 0/10
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 0/10
The Force Awakens 0/10
Return of the Jedi 0/10
Empire Strikes Back 0/10
A New Hope 0/10
Revenge of the Sith 0/10
Attack of the Clones 0/10
The Phantom Menace 0/10

TPM: 0/10
AOTC: 0/10
ROTS: 0/10
ANH: 0/10
ESB: 0/10
ROTJ: 0/10
TFA: 0/10
ROASWS: 0/10
EP8: 0/10
HSASWS: 0/10

Episode 8 0/10
The Force Awakens 0/10
Return of the Jedi 0/10
Empire Strikes Back 0/10
A New Hope 0/10
Revenge of the Sith 0/10
The Phantom Menace 0/10

It's true though. Randomly ranking the movies in this thread is silly when you think about it. I just thought it was funny and a little weird how on the cusp of a figure release (Sideshow is getting these as we speak right?), there is post after post of members ranking away movies they've probably already ranked a hundred times on this very forum. It comes off as a bit peculiar.

Like what are those posts even saying when you look back at them, what are you guys trying to communicate with each other than the usual "Empire is the best", "one of the prequels is the worst"? :lol Such a bizarre culture and yeah, I think it definitely stems out of validation of an opinion of some sort. How is that belittling, is it the "hurr durr"? This doesn't come off as a little touched? Just wait until Rogue One, Han Solo and Episode 8 is thrown into the mix and we see pages and pages that look like this,

Episode 8 0/10
The Force Awakens 0/10
Return of the Jedi 0/10
Empire Strikes Back 0/10
A New Hope 0/10
Revenge of the Sith 0/10
The Phantom Menace 0/10

Episode 8 0/10
The Force Awakens 0/10
Return of the Jedi 0/10
Empire Strikes Back 0/10
A New Hope 0/10
Revenge of the Sith 0/10
The Phantom Menace 0/10

And here you are to tell everybody how wrong they are or "peculiar".

Yet you're in every single Star Wars thread trying to convince people of your own view with clever wordplay, don't think it's working pal!

All this hate is marvelous....

WMkJPog.gif

All you've done is turn this thread from rating Star Wars movies to arguing whether or not we should be rating Star Wars movies in this thread...

You haven't improved the thread at all. People are just bored waiting for their figure and there isn't much else to discuss about it. So why are we not allowed to discuss the movies?

All you've done is turn this thread from rating Star Wars movies to arguing whether or not we should be rating Star Wars movies in this thread...

You haven't improved the thread at all. People are just bored waiting for their figure and there isn't much else to discuss about it. So why are we not allowed to discuss the movies?

This.

...and that ROTS is.:dunno

It's far and away the best Prequel (there's long parts you can actually watch with interest) but a perfect score seems a stretch.

I watch fifteen minutes of the final duel, then leave to do laundry and have a meal with the movie still playing in upstairs, then return to watch the final 45 minutes of it. Oddly, the length of the ROTS final duel actually exceeds the total running time of the movie.:dunno

-Obi-Wan and Anakin "rescuing" Palpatine & Anakin killing Dooku at Palpatine's behest... "You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

"Hello there."

-Palpatine filling Anakin's head with doubt regarding the Jedi & curiosity about the Sith. "The Dark Side of The Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural."

The Republic falls.."The attempts on my life have left me scarred and deformed. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!"

Yoda and Obi-Wan slaying a garrison of clones and then plotting their next move...

Obi-Wan visiting Padme to obtain his target's location..."You're going to kill him, aren't you?"

The battle between brothers..."I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do."

Yoda takes on Sidious...."Faith in your new apprentice misplaced may be, as is your faith in the Dark Side of The Force."

Obi-Wan does what must be done..."You were the Chosen One. It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them. Bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness."

I could quote the entire movie by heart. Its a great ****ing movie and the prequel I waited 30 years to see. It answered all the questions I had beautifully. McDiarmid is superb as Palpatine and McGregor finally blows Obi-Wan outta the water. Even Hayden works in ROTS.

Seeing Palpatine slowly sell Anakin on the Dark Side will never get old to me nor watching Yoda & Mace desperately battle Sidious in an effort to save the Jedi.

:goodpost: For the most part, those are the parts I meant in my original post.

The day after you jump on some antidepressants (also the day you start sounding friendlier on this forum).

Can't argue with that! Feels good to know I have something in my head that could potentially be diagnosed, whether it be dementia or depression. I'll take any activity over nothin'. I'll impress them with my colorful PET scan activity as opposed to nothing but blank spaces full of coupon code whining and absurd doll vehicle entitlement.

"Hello there."

Now, I love ROTS. It's my third favorite. But come on, that scene on the balcony is worth at least minus 1 point:lol

tumblr_mjsqffi6Wq1roirb1o1_500.gif

Thank you TurdFurgusonsHat for posting some nice pics. Isn't there a thread for movie talk? I don't mind the occasional movie reference here or there in a figure thread but kind of seem like its getting out of hand. Lets focus on the figure please.

I don't see the harm in talking about certain things while waiting on this figure to freakin' ship.

But whatever. I'll come back when I get the figure and throw in my obligatory iphone pic. This thread is no bueno, at the moment.

Back