1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually wasn't kept secret. People kept thinking it was kept secret though for some reason lol

Star Wars The Force Awakens Characters Revealed - Vanity Fair

View attachment 230619

He was also shown without his helmet in the behind the scenes video. Though this doesn't mean Hot Toys had official word that he wouldn't be changed for the film I guess.

This. Kylo's face was revealed in June with that issue yet everyone just ignored the whole thing.

HT screwed up.

Not necessarily. I mean look at Disney themselves. They came out with a standard Kylo Ren in their Elite series which was long after this portrait was shown and then after the film opened there was suddenly a "Kylo Ren unmasked!" figure that was virtually the same just sans helmet. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw the added accessory of a face sculpt and separate helmet before this thing was actually released. I know they aren't showing it and you'd think they would have but who knows if the likeness was ever bothered to be approved before hand if Disney really wanted it "under wraps"

In there defense they could have been worried they might change him face or do some CGI stuff for the actual movie

So I am pretty much done reading the novelization. It had a bunch of stuff not mentioned in the movie. Specifically in regards to Kylo's younger days and Snoke;

Spoiler Spoiler:

so i am pretty much done reading the novelization. It had a bunch of stuff not mentioned in the movie. Specifically in regards to kylo's younger days and snoke;

Spoiler Spoiler:

that is awesome.

In there defense they could have been worried they might change him face or do some CGI stuff for the actual movie

Yeap. Then people would be complaining about accuracy. Which is real bad.

Need more reviews on this figure. Still not sure if I should get it. Only seen one image of this figure properly futzed on fb group. The cloth behind the legs "fluff" too much on blogger pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Kylo's face was revealed in June with that issue yet everyone just ignored the whole thing.

HT screwed up.

Maybe it had to do with the actors likeness approval:dunno

Anyone collecting knows how long how characters with actors sculpts delay the Marvel stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Kylo Ren on my shelf right now is how I want him displayed, mask and all. So I'm extremely happy that they just went ahead and released a "basic" figure. I've never cared for an unmasked head and I doubt that I ever will.

Damn, after seeing the movie I felt FORCED to PO.......
Yeah I went there......gonna be a tough month if C3PO and Kylo are released together......I should already have my 3PO.....

How long can they delay these PO's ?
Anyone wanna guess at when Kylo will actually hit homes? Or 3Po for that matter?
Can an HT sell out in PO??? See,s like a bad business strategy if they do....

I'm one of the pople who actually like Adam's face and want the sculpt with the figure. I think he is looking great. Mask is very good, but honestly it's Revan rip-off (or any mask of generic Sith from SWTOR) so nothing new.

So I am pretty much done reading the novelization. It had a bunch of stuff not mentioned in the movie. Specifically in regards to Kylo's younger days and Snoke;

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also in regards to his helmet

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also it's been basically confirmed that Kylo Ren is 29-30 years old. So 10 years older than Rey. Which we kind of expected based on the actors real ages.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also it's been basically confirmed that Kylo Ren is 29-30 years old. So 10 years older than Rey. Which we kind of expected based on the actors real ages.

Has his age been mentioned any where? I can't find one. Rey is 19. Poe is 32. Kylo age is still a mystery, but If I had to guess I would say older than Rey younger than Poe.

I'm one of the pople who actually like Adam's face and want the sculpt with the figure. I think he is looking great. Mask is very good, but honestly it's Revan rip-off (or any mask of generic Sith from SWTOR) so nothing new.

I think he looks awesome and looks like a Solo/Skwalker would always look in my mind. I preodered, but would love a HS later on.

Has his age been mentioned any where? I can't find one. Rey is 19. Poe is 32. Kylo age is still a mystery, but If I had to guess I would say older than Rey younger than Poe.

He looks and acts like a twenty-something.

I like Adam Driver as Kylo. Wouldn't mind a headsculpt myself but I do like the mask.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Also this figure will be a one of a kind. Helmet is gone, and saber broke....He'll be a sith/darth in ep8.

He looks and acts like a twenty-something.

I was thinking about 30ish myself

This guy was the best part of the movie to me and a must have figure. Damn i want a HS!!

Tempted to skip this rendition and just wait for the Episode 8 version.

But if the character develops well, then I'll want to have a representation of each phase in each film. Ah, the dilemma...

Back