1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 319 - First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers set

Not sure if i need the heavy armor one but the regular for sure

Ohhhh...... might grab two of these packs instead of two singles of each.....

I don't see the duck face but I don't think I need these guys. I'll be very picky about anything that's not OT

I saw on Facebook that the under suit is made of rubber. Oh no!

11951915_854912727919808_4038431797329530483_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunenr) set

Well, if that is the design of the suit, I don't see how they could have done it differently. I don't think any material could mimic that look.

Well, if that is the design of the suit, I don't see how they could have done it differently. I don't think any material could mimic that look.

sideshow has done similar looks with fabric folded and sewn, might not be 100% but id take that everyday of the century over rubber ****

Vinyl. Silicone. Some other polymer. The problem is that HT doesn't have a good track record when it comes to any rubber-like material - even when used on a non-articulating part of a product.

sideshow has done similar looks with fabric folded and sewn, might not be 100% but id take that everyday of the century over rubber ****

:lecture

Yep. No good, articulation or longevity wise, can come of that material choice.

Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

Art Figures' Judge Dredd had something similar in sewn material for the elbows and knees. And it doesn't look as ugly as rubber when you bend it either.

Art Figures' Judge Dredd had something similar in material for the elbows and knees. And it doesn't look as ugly as rubber when you bend it either.

Oh right! and I have that on my shelf... haha

perfect example

I know the Alien HT Kane and Dallas figures had their suits made of some kind of vinyl or silicone (even though the real costumes were fabric)...I no longer own them, so have no clue how they are holding up.

Time for a major spoiler.

The reason why the helmets look the way they do:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The problems with rubber are greatly exaggerated. It's no where near as "fragile" or problematic as people on this site seem to think. If those that just posted their dislike of rubber from hot toys who has had a figure with a problem? How many figures with rubber have you had? I'm not talking about an issue you heard about. To me that's like shark attacks. It's scary and everyone that swims in the ocean talks about it...but your more likely to die from a stingray, coral, a boat running you over, ect.

The way it's represented makes it seem like it's always going to be an issue. But I've got every figure hot toys has made that has rubber (or what people call rubber) and multiple versions of some...and none of mine have rubber issues. That's around 40 (or more) figures and no issues. Five or six Thor LA bodies. Hell boy, dx02, Rambo, leonidas, ed209, gamora, mr t, and all the others.

Back