Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

When I got my Batman in hand for the first time, I was actually really impressed with the stock cape. Not sure why people dislike it so much. It's a major improvement over the DX 09 one and, with a little futzing (like 5 minutes tops once you line the stitching up with the cowl points and fold the back inwards) it looks fantastic. I got the Tony Mei capes for the DX 09, and those were really nice, but I don't like the texturing on this latest one for Returns.

Honestly with a little time and patience, you can get the stock capes looking good. They're not terrible like that awful Hot Toys Toy Fairs Batman Begins cape. Then again, collectors have been **** retentive about capes and tailoring since 2006. I remember when everyone was upset over how thin the Takara Batman Begins cape was back when that was the best Batman figure despite it draping really well. They paid for custom replacements. Then the Original Costume Batman comes around and we complained that it was too thick . . . only to go back and use the Takara cape. :lol

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I don't know, it looks pretty close to me imo. Might just depend on the lighting?
bff90ab4e9709ff40fb1763aaa4708b8.jpg

U think? I thought it looked terrible.exaggerated leather look.
The original cape had a better texture
This is Tony's 1st version
Looks far more screen accurate especially alongside your screen shot
38bcb6e3e8af1e1b752faab8bd6f68f1.jpg

Even stock looks better
b305764ce415ce93120cf7db1deae240.jpg

Which is stock?
45bc9f77a5656294292e166aa7a28227.jpg

And which is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Yeah the leather does look a little more grainy than the film look, but I love it nonetheless. It's drapes flawlessly. However like you mention, if you're really looking total screen accuracy, then this probably isn't for you. I still have the stock cape on my Returns Bats.
b6dcf2b549dfb39a20decb1d48dd4e00.jpg

Yeah the leather does look a little more grainy than the film look, but I love it nonetheless. It's drapes flawlessly. However like you mention, if you're really looking total screen accuracy, then this probably isn't for you. I still have the stock cape on my Returns Bats.

Mini magnets make all the difference on all the capes, makes posing them so much easier.dor like £2.99 on Amazon it's more than worth it

I'll check that out because I hate the stock cape with a fury. Lol.

I'll check that out because I hate the stock cape with a fury. Lol.

U Won't regret it, They make the stock cape look great and even improve the custom capes
Easiest cheap mod ever

Which is stock?
45bc9f77a5656294292e166aa7a28227.jpg

And which is better?

Sorry but on the picture i dont see a diffrence between the stock cape and the custom one. I hope it is better if it is in real

The cape on the left looks like it was burned or someting. It has zero film accuracy imo.

I hope you guys dont pay that much money for it.

Late to the party as usual but here are some pictures of my newest addition:

2qk2ikw.jpg

v0he.jpg

108ilht.jpg

30kgbau.jpg

That cape really is difficult to get it right...

.image.jpg

Really nice pics, guys.

I have the version 1 Tony Mei Batman Returns cape and I can honestly say, to me, it is night and day difference compared to the stock cape. It is made out of higher quality material, drapes way better, and looks much more accurate to the real thing.

It was expensive, but worth it to not have to wrestle with the stock cape. Not only that, but it just takes the figure to a whole new level, aesthetically, IMO. Pics can't really do it the justice it deserves.

Sorry but on the picture i dont see a diffrence between the stock cape and the custom one. I hope it is better if it is in real

The cape on the left looks like it was burned or someting. It has zero film accuracy imo.

I hope you guys dont pay that much money for it.

The reason you don't see much difference between my stock and custom cape is that the stock cape took lots and lots of futzing and I added mini magnets to give it Weight and help it drape better.
I do agree with you on the 2nd custom tony cape, I don't like that at all

.View attachment 259383

Really nice pics, guys.

I have the version 1 Tony Mei Batman Returns cape and I can honestly say, to me, it is night and day difference compared to the stock cape. It is made out of higher quality material, drapes way better, and looks much more accurate to the real thing.

It was expensive, but worth it to not have to wrestle with the stock cape. Not only that, but it just takes the figure to a whole new level, aesthetically, IMO. Pics can't really do it the justice it deserves.

It looks great with the Tweeterhead Catwoman statue. Thanks for sharing. :)

It looks great with the Tweeterhead Catwoman statue. Thanks for sharing. :)

My pleasure. Now if only we could get HT to give us their BR Catwoman... Penguin also.

The reason you don't see much difference between my stock and custom cape is that the stock cape took lots and lots of futzing and I added mini magnets to give it Weight and help it drape better.
I do agree with you on the 2nd custom tony cape, I don't like that at all

Thanks for youre awnser. I think i need to buy Magnets for holding the cape down.

Tomorrow i make some pictures of the Batman i have...

Late to the party as usual but here are some pictures of my newest addition:

2qk2ikw.jpg

v0he.jpg

108ilht.jpg

30kgbau.jpg

That cape really is difficult to get it right...

Great set up man, they look great..

Just got mine. If you think the 1989 version is amazing, this is a notch up in likeness to Keaton.

Back