Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I got Tony Mei returns V1 cape. I like it a lot better than the v2 which had more grain texture to it.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Got an extra full weapon set from this and the hand set of anyone's interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an extra full weapon set from this and the hand set of anyone's interested?

Have anymore people done the head swap with the DX09? I've only seen one video on youtube and maybe 1 pic so I'm curious to see more of how it looks. I have the DX09 body and I'm going to order this guy when the standalone comes back from waitlist. I plan on trying to swap, but if there are issues, I might try to sell the body and stick with the Returns suit.

Have anymore people done the head swap with the DX09? I've only seen one video on youtube and maybe 1 pic so I'm curious to see more of how it looks. I have the DX09 body and I'm going to order this guy when the standalone comes back from waitlist. I plan on trying to swap, but if there are issues, I might try to sell the body and stick with the Returns suit.

Why though?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

View attachment 259696
View attachment 259697
View attachment 259698

Thanks for that Diablo :hi5:

Do you know if the bunching up of the cape at the shoulders avoidable?

There's a velcro strap strip on the Returns cape that allows you to adjust the height of the cape. I figure if you loosen it up and futz the cape, the tight fit around the shoulder area with the Returns head on DX 09 body will look better than that person's above. Also since it's on a true type, you can always lower the shoulders down as far as they can go with the '89 suit/body. Should be fine.

Interesting, I didn't know about this stuff, the cape adjustment as well as the shoulder adjustment on a true type. I'll have to look into it when I get it, thanks!

I dunno, it's not mine.

My Returns Batman doesn't have perfectly straight or sharp tips though either. Even the cowl scallop tips on my torn cowl piece are looking a bit dull after I put it on over the cape and shoulders. I think that's just the reality with this figure. I'm sure a couple of years from now those ears will warp a bit since they are so long and tapered.

image.jpeg

Has anyone tried putting the Keaton head/the torn cowl piece on the '89 body?

I don't want to buy the whole set so I was thinking of tracking down a head and a cowl on ebay and displaying it on the '89 version. Obviously I don't want to go to all that expense if it doesn't work!

Finally received my Batman Returns today. I avoided this thread since the release to not get overexposed to pictures.
The cape really is a ***** to futz, but after about 1.5 hours I managed to get it to stay in position, with the help of some magnets. Still need to get some black magnets so they're less distracting.

IMG_9393_3_small.jpg

IMG_9416_2_small.jpg

My men in black:
IMG_9351_2_small.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

That cape looks awesome after futzing. The figure too, it's making it harder for me not to buy.

Where are the magnets placed? I can neither see nor fathom where they will be placed.

That cape looks awesome after futzing. The figure too, it's making it harder for me not to buy.

Where are the magnets placed? I can neither see nor fathom where they will be placed.

Thanks. He's a really cool figure, though I feel the poseability is pretty limited due to the suit.
Here some quick shots of where the magnets were placed for the pose above, I used 3 sets of 2 (6 in total).

IMG_9423_2_small.jpg

IMG_9425_2_small.jpg

IMG_9428_2_small.jpg

Already decided to repose him today. Having his arms hidden didn't seem right and made him too slim, and the cape stuck out too much in the back behind the figure. Plus I wanted Keaton to show off his wonderful toys.
Now I only have two sets of magnets in the back, none on his side.

IMG_9432_4_small.jpg

IMG_9452_2_small.jpg

Thanks. He's a really cool figure, though I feel the poseability is pretty limited due to the suit.
Here some quick shots of where the magnets were placed for the pose above, I used 3 sets of 2 (6 in total).

Awesome explanation! Thank you very much!

IMG_9423_2_small.jpg

IMG_9425_2_small.jpg

IMG_9428_2_small.jpg

Already decided to repose him today. Having his arms hidden didn't seem right and made him too slim, and the cape stuck out too much in the back behind the figure. Plus I wanted Keaton to show off his wonderful toys.
Now I only have two sets of magnets in the back, none on his side.

IMG_9432_4_small.jpg

IMG_9452_2_small.jpg

That is a great look and pose.

Why don't you just paint the magnets black?
I think a flat or satin black would both work fine for what you're trying to accomplish.

Or if you really want to blend them in, cover one side of each magnet in a black leather.
I did that on my Ragnar figure. It has magnets to hold the ax on. Both the magnet on
the body and ax are covered in a leather to blend in with the outfit.

For a perfect blend on your figure, maybe pick up another parted out cape and cut little pieces from it and
glue them to the part of the magnets that show. Then the material match would be exact.

I'd just leave it alone, nobody will see the back of the figure and it already has that ugly seam for the panel in the back of his head that kills the realism anyway. Those small magnets are classy (much better than tape or clips I've seen people use) and the drapage and flow the cape achieves in the front looks great.

I'm using these, they're super small and weigh the cape down a bit. For $1-$2 they're great.

https://www.michaels.com/promag-neodymium-magnets/10413548.html?productsource=PDPZ1

Back