Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Are you guys not seeing the ridiculous extra mouth pieces???

Yeah, everyone. :lol

They're just the DX09 pieces without blood. It was disappointing in that regard but at least the mouthpieces look like Keaton. :)

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I am hopeful Hot toys chose the suit just because it would match the masquerade ball with none other than Selina Kyle, than to match him up with the suit and black sweater he was wearing in the iconic bat signal scene. One can wish.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Now they'll just have to make a Selina Kyle that doesn't look like Michelle Pfeiffer to match a Bruce Wayne that doesn't look like Michael Keaton [emoji6]

Now they'll just have to make a Selina Kyle that doesn't look like Michelle Pfeiffer to match a Bruce Wayne that doesn't look like Michael Keaton [emoji6]

No. Included with Selina, they have to put a new head sculpt Keaton!

Yes and then you will have a complete set of ugly as **** Barbie and Ken on your shelf to help you destroy any chance of you ever getting laid ever again :D

Not if you are married already, can't be worse than the other Selina from the Nolan trilogy

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Christian Bale: Who are you?
Michael Keaton: I'm Batman.
Christian Bale: No, you're not, you're Birdman
Michae Keaton. Oh, yeah, you're not even American
Christian Bale: You did not just go there. Are you jealous that a British man played the part way better than you and got 3 movies out of it.
Michael Keaton: Put on your suit, let's see who's the better Batman, you #%^*+=....
Christian Bale: I'll kick your bloody ^%#*+=#%^*+.....
Michael Caine: Now, now boys, cut it out. Mr Keaton, why don't you just tell your Alfred to call me so we all settle this like civilized men.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 339
Last edited:

I love this Batman even though not much you can do to pose it. And those spikes on his forearms are a detriment to the figure and to you. Why not a slightly bendable rubber material? I also have to contact SS cause 1 of the boots doesn't stay in place.

I just ordered this today (Batman only, not Wayne) with the 2016MAR $20 off code at Sideshow.

I've been looking for an "ultimate" Batman for some time, a Batman that really combines every element of the character that I enjoy, and I've been doing research for awhile. I sold off the '89 Batman because while it was cool and all, after awhile I started thinking it just wasn't "grim" and "menacing" enough--he just didn't look like enough of a badass. I had high hopes at first for the Arkham Batman, but after watching Clippeking's review I passed--the Arkham Bats is definitely menacing and grim, but the body is way too buff and his face looks pudgy. Also the suit looks like a nightmare to work with. Batman has to be lithe enough to move, he needs a body that's more like a gymnast than a wrestler. Finally, I hated the horns on the Arkham Batman's helmet--the length was fine but the way they lean in toward each other just looked wrong. Looking at the Arkham Batman figure, I thought to myself, "If only he had a cowl like Keaton's Batman did." Hmm.

When the Affleck Batman was announced I was torn--on the one hand the costume design looked good in the movie trailers, but on the other hand it was Ben Affleck. When I saw pics of the figure I crossed it off the list. Pot Belly Pajamas Batman will not be part of my collection. As for the armored version, I don't need an Iron-Batman. I need a Batman.

Then I gave Clipperking's review of the Returns Batman a look. I had been ignoring it as an option because I assumed it would be a copy of the 89 Batman with slightly different body armor, but I was wrong. The headsculpt is much better. It looks a smidgen less like Michael Keaton--95% to the original's 100%-- but that's okay, because I don't need a Michael Keaton Batman in particular, I need an "ultimate" Batman: one Batman figure on my shelf to represent the character in general next to all my other movie versions of superheroes. And the headsculpt on the Returns Batman brings something the 89 Batman never did, and Clipperking picked up on this immediately--it brings menace. This Batman wants to hurt you. He stands taller and he looks meaner. He's looking right at you and he's planning how to take you down.

So I'm happy now. And Batman is angry, as he should be.

I still haven't heard anything from my retailer. It stated on several sites that he would be here by the beginning of March... :gah:

I just ordered this today (Batman only, not Wayne) with the 2016MAR $20 off code at Sideshow.

I've been looking for an "ultimate" Batman for some time, a Batman that really combines every element of the character that I enjoy, and I've been doing research for awhile. I sold off the '89 Batman because while it was cool and all, after awhile I started thinking it just wasn't "grim" and "menacing" enough--he just didn't look like enough of a badass. I had high hopes at first for the Arkham Batman, but after watching Clippeking's review I passed--the Arkham Bats is definitely menacing and grim, but the body is way too buff and his face looks pudgy. Also the suit looks like a nightmare to work with. Batman has to be lithe enough to move, he needs a body that's more like a gymnast than a wrestler. Finally, I hated the horns on the Arkham Batman's helmet--the length was fine but the way they lean in toward each other just looked wrong. Looking at the Arkham Batman figure, I thought to myself, "If only he had a cowl like Keaton's Batman did." Hmm.

When the Affleck Batman was announced I was torn--on the one hand the costume design looked good in the movie trailers, but on the other hand it was Ben Affleck. When I saw pics of the figure I crossed it off the list. Pot Belly Pajamas Batman will not be part of my collection. As for the armored version, I don't need an Iron-Batman. I need a Batman.

Then I gave Clipperking's review of the Returns Batman a look. I had been ignoring it as an option because I assumed it would be a copy of the 89 Batman with slightly different body armor, but I was wrong. The headsculpt is much better. It looks a smidgen less like Michael Keaton--95% to the original's 100%-- but that's okay, because I don't need a Michael Keaton Batman in particular, I need an "ultimate" Batman: one Batman figure on my shelf to represent the character in general next to all my other movie versions of superheroes. And the headsculpt on the Returns Batman brings something the 89 Batman never did, and Clipperking picked up on this immediately--it brings menace. This Batman wants to hurt you. He stands taller and he looks meaner. He's looking right at you and he's planning how to take you down.

So I'm happy now. And Batman is angry, as he should be.
The Affleck bats is only a proto at the minute, theyve already tweaked it and it will probably be tweaked more. I ordered it because I want a bats that looks like the one from the comics I've just started reading (new 52) and he looks badass! I've also got the returns two set ordered but because I'm in the uk I'm still waiting..

8567722537e31f33102161d666701946.jpg

My two pack came in today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome man. I love mine too.

I have a sealed one I dont want that I can sell for free shipping and give $20 off sideshow asking price = $200 shipped vs 230 shipped at sideshow

If anyone is interested in a Tony Mei 1.0 Returns cape, let me know. I recently received my order, but it ended up being the final version (just like the final 89' cape). It doesn't have the folded in front edge and that real leather look. So I was able to get one of the last two 1st version Returns capes he had. I just lost my job, so now I really need to sell it. So if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,
Travis

If anyone is interested in a Tony Mei 1.0 Returns cape, let me know. I recently received my order, but it ended up being the final version (just like the final 89' cape). It doesn't have the folded in front edge and that real leather look. So I was able to get one of the last two 1st version Returns capes he had. I just lost my job, so now I really need to sell it. So if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,
Travis

Pm sent

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'm selling a tony meis returns 2.0 cape and broken cowl with mask if anyone's interested pm me?

I'm selling a tony meis returns 2.0 cape and broken cowl with mask if anyone's interested pm me?

Pm sent

Finally had the time to pick this up from our local dealer earlier. My girlfriend pre-ordered this for my birthday last year and I'm happy that it's finally here, after waiting 4 years (since the announcement anyway). Lots of things I wish HT's done much better on, but I'll just say that I was more frustrated with the articulation than the stock cape. DX09 can accommodate a more natural contrapposto with less effort. This one won't but all I can do is wish that it would be just as tough as my DX09's suit is still as good as the day I took it out of its box the first time.

Here's my Keaton Batman, after a few minutes of trying to pose both the figure and the stock cape based on one of my favorite promotional shots from the film :)

P3210902_zps4hfrjodc.jpg

PBR1992_zpsvtypicsy.jpg

Back