Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I finally ordered this one. :yess:
Is there anyone who knows the expected arrival for European retailers?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I finally ordered this one. :yess:
Is there anyone who knows the expected arrival for European retailers?

Where did you order it from

The quality of the dx9 box is much better.I'm wondering why

2012 vs. 2015

Most of their boxes are cheap and generic now. The difference between the metallic, styrofoam Diecast Robcop box and the paper thin Battle damaged Robocop box is like night and day with a 1-2 year difference. Now they use cheap clear plastic inserts to hold the figures in place.

Not that I care really, I just want good figures, but they have skimped out on the boxes. One thing I'll miss about the DX line are those nice foam inserts and presentation. There was something classy about them.

2012 vs. 2015

Most of their boxes are cheap and generic now. The difference between the metallic, styrofoam Diecast Robcop box and the paper thin Battle damaged Robocop box is like night and day with a 1-2 year difference. Now they use cheap clear plastic inserts to hold the figures in place.

Not that I care really, I just want good figures, but they have skimped out on the boxes. One thing I'll miss about the DX line are those nice foam inserts and presentation. There was something classy about them.

Yeah that struck me as odd that the box for this was really cheap compared to the DX 09. One wonders if they had used the styrofoam inserts maybe we wouldn't be having all these broken bat spikes. Plus I loved the info they gave on the DX 09 and that bat signal piece, which this release had none of. Oh well, its still pretty damn awesome.

2012 vs. 2015

Yup, there was nothing like opening that DX01 for the first time and seeing the inner flap with the cards, then the figure perfectly placed in the foam along with the second sculpt and uniform and all the accessories on the bottom foam layer.

I got the DX01 second hand 3 or 4 years ago, the seller had already provided a second body for cop Joker :yess:, yeah the DX boxes were very well done. I got every DX except Michael Jackson, Luke Skywalker and Mime Joker. I think Michael and Luke are really sought after now. :gah:

The 1/4 scale figures all have the foam packaging inside. It's way nice, and I definitely prefer it over their recent 1/6 packages.

The diecast packages are all pretty nice too. I guess to me packaging doesn't matter that much as long as it's functional and doesn't look like complete crap. Interesting that it looks like the new Keaton Batman is taller than the DX09. Was the DX09 short or is the new one too tall or is it just because of the redesigned cowl and the ears making it taller?

I'm the kind who just wishes all the boxes were as consistent in design and artwork as possible. I wish the actual movie posters were used or at least some other promotional poster for the given movie/character. I don't like when Hot Toys puts the actual figure on the front, the back sure, but not the front.

I'm the kind who just wishes all the boxes were as consistent in design and artwork as possible. I wish the actual movie posters were used or at least some other promotional poster for the given movie/character. I don't like when Hot Toys puts the actual figure on the front, the back sure, but not the front.

The Reeve Superman had a cool box...a bit big for my taste, but nice looking and worth displaying. The Bank Robber Joker 1.0 box was one of the best, imo. The Returns box doesn't look that interesting or like much thought was put into designing it.

The Reeve Superman had a cool box...a bit big for my taste, but nice looking and worth displaying. The Bank Robber Joker 1.0 box was one of the best, imo. The Returns box doesn't look that interesting or like much thought was put into designing it.

I always thought it would be cool for the 89 Batman to have a picture on front of just his armor from the logo down, same with returns.

Are there plans for a 1/4 scale version of this fig?

I always thought it would be cool for the 89 Batman to have a picture on front of just his armor from the logo down, same with returns.

That would be cool. I would take the gold logo from the poster and a black box too.

TVzfPX9.jpg

Ohhh yeah I loved the Bank Robber Joker box. I hated selling that figure for the box alone.

Are there plans for a 1/4 scale version of this fig?

Hot Toys implied that there was back in 2012 but any such idea has most likely been scrapped in favour of more Iron Man.

Back