Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'm just getting batman too

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes bbts to get their hot toys shipment after release in HK?

Anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes bbts to get their hot toys shipment after release in HK?

Doesn't Sideshow supply BBTS and all the other NA retailers? If so, sounds as if SSC isn't slated to get their shipment in until March. BBTS would then follow after that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bbts is usually last.SS gets theirs first before bbts

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Doesn't Sideshow supply BBTS and all the other NA retailers? If so, sounds as if SSC isn't slated to get their shipment in until March. BBTS would then follow after that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, but:

- No NRD up front on most cases
- No tax if you are in Cali
- REASONABLE shipping charges
- Pack Out is standard, and they are great at that (for those that care about box condition, I don't)
- Pile of loot, say you have other things you want and aren't readily available, and if you don't mind waiting, further savings in shipping.
- Plus all the benefits as offering from SSC (returns, etc) except rewards. Better CS, too.

Can't recommend them enough. Who cares about waiting a bit longer.

The only reason I went with SSC is because I had FREE $100 in Reward Points. Otherwise I would've used BBTS.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Bbts has let me down on service once. I had a broken piece in my set and by the time they shipped it to me and I received, opened and inspected it was 10 days. Looks like it was sold out everywhere including with them. So when I approached for exchange etc - they said glue it up and or return it. I indicated that sideshow usually replaces the broken part so they said 10 dollar shipping credit on future purchase and even sighted the fact that if I don't accept it they will take it back as they can always sell it on eBay!
I felt so pissed but since it was sold out I had no option but to keep it. It was almost like being arm twisted into it and that representative was mean enough to mention eBay. Said "I know how amazing these sets are and how sought after they have become"
I guess so selling it "As is" on eBay was easier for him

The rep was polite but i was upset that he mentioned eBay and the fact that he knows these sets are sought after- basically indirectly implying that he is aware I have no option to pick it at same cost elsewhere.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Wow another one that's just getting Batman, I'm really surprised that many are passing on the set :lecture

Can you imagine if HT did this..with no eye makeup

I mean look at the Bruce Wayne sculpt. For extra $120 I'd rather use that money to buy Threezero Heisenberg or Enterbay Lebron.

Yeah an extra $100 plus for a garbage Keaton headsculpt? No thanks. Batman does look sweet though.

I think Keaton looks ok from certain angles... Better than most think, actually.

I might be in denial, so I'll reserve judgment until I have it on hand. Otherwise I'll sell the thing.

I got the Keaton set so I could recreate the scene Bats reveals his true identity to Catwomen. I kinda need a Hot Toys Catwomen for that though :slap A battle damaged Catwomen would be a nice Toy Fair Ex, Hot Toys :pray:

Don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, but I'd buy the hell out of a Hot Toys BR Catwoman.

I do think that dream is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but:

- No NRD up front on most cases
- No tax if you are in Cali
- REASONABLE shipping charges
- Pack Out is standard, and they are great at that (for those that care about box condition, I don't)
- Pile of loot, say you have other things you want and aren't readily available, and if you don't mind waiting, further savings in shipping.
- Plus all the benefits as offering from SSC (returns, etc) except rewards. Better CS, too.

Can't recommend them enough. Who cares about waiting a bit longer.

The only reason I went with SSC is because I had FREE $100 in Reward Points. Otherwise I would've used BBTS.

Oh, I wasn't comparing SSC vs. BBTS at all. Simply stating BBTS gets their supply from SSC, so obviously it'll take longer.

I've been using BBTS for probably 12 years and never had a bad experience and I agree about all the points you make about them. I only go with
SSC because of coupon codes and reward points. Do wish they'd do free pack-outs like BBTS does.

Wow another one that's just getting Batman, I'm really surprised that many are passing on the set :lecture

Can you imagine if HT did this..with no eye makeup

I love that shot. Really is something about Keaton's batman.

I got the Keaton set so I could recreate the scene Bats reveals his true identity to Catwomen. I kinda need a Hot Toys Catwomen for that though :slap A battle damaged Catwomen would be a nice Toy Fair Ex, Hot Toys :pray:

Cat who?

It's not all bad for the Keaton HS, I think he should've just come with a better outfit

Besides at least you can do the damaged cowl look if you purchased the set, that's all I care for in the long run.

Anyway the wait begins for my Tony Mei cape :impatient:

They must have felt that the Museum outfit was too similar to DX08, they wanted a more distinctive look to be their next release. Unfortunately they assumed the relative lack of interest in that figure denoted lack of interest generally.
I guess I never really understood why there was such a lack of interest from many collectors in the Mime Joker. I always felt like that was one of the more memorable scenes from Burton's Batman even if it was brief and thought the figure looked pretty cool. I regret not getting it as I missed the DX08 and one Nicholson Joker would be better than none at all. Still kind of hunting for one or the other. I'd prefer the DX08 but like the DX14 too.

I bought the set too, just wish the Bruce Wayne figure came in the suit he wore when he first met Selina, or the all black turtle neck outfit he had on at the beginning. Really not feeling the tuxedo at all.

Did anyon ever confirm if this can or cannot fit in the batmobile? It won't change my purchase, but it would be nice to know.

Back