Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I really want to pre order this for some reason my gut is telling me the two pack will be available at some point for atleast 15% off because most are opting for the single version.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Oh, I wasn't comparing SSC vs. BBTS at all. Simply stating BBTS gets their supply from SSC, so obviously it'll take longer.

I've been using BBTS for probably 12 years and never had a bad experience and I agree about all the points you make about them. I only go with
SSC because of coupon codes and reward points. Do wish they'd do free pack-outs like BBTS does.

My experience with BBTS is it only takes 3-5 days longer after SS ships theirs. The last two figures I bought shipped that close to SS's shipping.

If the Keaton sculpt had been just decent, I would have been al over the two-pack. As it is, I only want the Batman. The sad thing is, Hot Toys will look at the numbers, and they probably wont do a two pack like this again. But this didn't sell well because of the bad sculpt. Had it been good, this would have sold really good.

If the Keaton sculpt had been just decent

The sculpt is far from perfect, but i think it's at least decent...
and i'am sure in hand , as usual, it is better than on the pictures.
See on this pic from ebay, i find it quite good:
$_57.JPG

It's Keaton, no doubt about it, but there is just something a little off, but i can't put my finger on it..
it's more an idealized version of what keaton looked like in the movie (more hair, younger skin,etc..), and maybe something in the eyes..
Anyway, i find it quite nice in the broken cowl.

Did anyon ever confirm if this can or cannot fit in the batmobile? It won't change my purchase, but it would be nice to know.

He can barley move is legs far worse than the dx09, so nope.

He can barley move is legs far worse than the dx09, so nope.

I bought a Batmobile last month in prepare for him just so I could have him standing beside it, wouldn't think of putting him in it. Absolutely no chance anyway-his legs have almost no movement.
You could always cut one in half if you really wanted too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always cut one in half if you really wanted too [emoji6]
If they were 50$ each, I would... But considering how much I paid for them, no way!!!

I'll have the Batmobile, the Dx and this piece all together standing next to each other and it will do the job.

Simple just put the BR HS on the dx09 body, they're compatible, it's sitting down in the batmobile anyway . So just take pics from the neck up :lecture

I think the keaton HS, the jaw is too wide and he has too much hair.

If they were 50$ each, I would... But considering how much I paid for them, no way!!!

I'll have the Batmobile, the Dx and this piece all together standing next to each other and it will do the job.

Yeah I think they look better standing outside it rather than in it-like that cool promotional poster from the 89 release.
Putting the 89 head on this would annoy me too-knowing that it ain't right.
No one else might not notice but I would

I never put my DX 09 in my Batmobile. I even went out of my way to get extra DX 09 extras and a couple of bodies and still never manned up and put one in the car. :lol

If I had like a museum I guess I'd do it, to show off the feature, but I don't. The canopy on the Batmobile stays closed unless I occasionally unhatch it to check out the details inside.

Can someone share some pics of how it looks next to the Neca penguin?please.

I never put my DX 09 in my Batmobile. I even went out of my way to get extra DX 09 extras and a couple of bodies and still never manned up and put one in the car. :lol

If I had like a museum I guess I'd do it, to show off the feature, but I don't. The canopy on the Batmobile stays closed unless I occasionally unhatch it to check out the details inside.

Yeah I've never even tried to put my single DX09 in the batmobile. I would never leave him in there as that'd be a waste of the figure nor am I even so curious as to what it would look like in person that I need to risk the figure's suit and the joints in the effort. I've seen pics, that's enough.

Exactly.
The batmobile is meant to have the canopy closed! There's no need for batman to be sitting inside it.
Iv m pretty sure the batman begins figure fits easier into the tumbler and Iv also never tried that. I have him standing beside it also.
But I rarely look in the tumbler it's not as detailed & - bit of a pain to open.
But if either batmobile didn't open up, you know we'd be moaning about it lol

Putting figs in vehicles seems a bit childish to me, I know were all big kids and all that but personally putting figures in vehicles doesn't really do it for me anymore.
I used to have a Bashasaurus years ago and put He-Man in it.

latest

:rock

Oh yeah, definitely. I'd be pissed if there wasn't a cockpit with the gauges, steering wheel, seats and the beautiful dashboard with instrument panels. I love that the DX 09 can sit in there if you want it too. It needs to have that feature for realism.

I just have no desire to contort one of my figures and have them sit in there until the end of time.

The sculpt is far from perfect, but i think it's at least decent...
and i'am sure in hand , as usual, it is better than on the pictures.
See on this pic from ebay, i find it quite good:
View attachment 235824

It's Keaton, no doubt about it, but there is just something a little off, but i can't put my finger on it..
it's more an idealized version of what keaton looked like in the movie (more hair, younger skin,etc..), and maybe something in the eyes..
Anyway, i find it quite nice in the broken cowl.

I think it looks pretty good in that pic, but the lips don't look as good as the one on the neutral mouth plate. It needs less hair and higher/arched eyebrows, imo.

lmzGFBh.jpg

AZXJ4Ch.jpg

All this Keaton HS bashing is ridiculous

Ha ha funny!

This set is a must and I'm happy with the Keaton HS, bring it on!

Back