Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

If I were to pre-order this where do I do it it in order to get it as soon as possible? Does bigbadtoystore take a while after it has been released or same question about sideshow collectibles

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Yeah I meant retail in the u.s, so sideshow it is then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want it as soon as possible? Then you check ebay as soon as this hits Hong Kong and buy it from one of the sellers there. They'll get it first. You'll be paying more though.

If you mean as soon as possible for the retail/MSRP in the U.S. then Sideshow is your best bet. They'll get them first since they're the distributor.

Also do you recommend preordering or could I wait until it is released ? I'm not used to doing this. Do they sell out that fast? Only because I'm trying to sell stuff in order to buy this one

If I were to pre-order this where do I do it it in order to get it as soon as possible? Does bigbadtoystore take a while after it has been released or same question about sideshow collectibles

sideshow gets them before BBTS.

There have been a couple exceptions to this rule recently. Alterego had the TFA stormtrooper in stock, while Sideshow still lists as a pre-order and I think BBTS got the quarter scale Boba before Sideshow did.

Depends where you are. I'm in the uk and it's definitely the Cheapest option for me to buy direct from Hong Kong. That also means you get it normally within 4 days of initial release if you pay a little extra for ems shipping.
If I buy from sideshow-get hit with ridiculous custom tax and it's like 3 months old by then.
The U.K. Prices on these are ridiculous from stores that stock them like forbidden planet.
It's always cheaper for me to get direct from Hong Kong.
Plus because Iv done this for so long with the one guy I get a discount

Ps just re read this and it sounds like I'm boasting like a doosh-but I'm really not, just telling you how it is for me

Having Batman Returns be the last figure released out of the latest batch only seems fitting given how long HT made collectors wait for this figure. It's like one last "F you" from HT to Batman Returns fans.

I actually disappeared from the collecting world right before this was announced and then came back right when it seems be getting released. Its perfect timing because returns is my all time favorite batman movie is not movie. Thank god I didn't know about this before the wait would have been awful

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Your best bet is to make friends with a contact in Hong Kong who doesn't sell hot toys on eBay and see if he is willing to do you a favor of getting it from a Hong Kong toys store. It's cheaper for me to buy a hot toys figure from Hong Kong but shipping matches the price I would get it if I bought it from Sideshow.

But remember all hot toys sold in the US, comes from sideshow, so if you have a favorite store it would take a little bit after sideshow gets their shipment to send them out to that store.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Also do you recommend preordering or could I wait until it is released ? I'm not used to doing this. Do they sell out that fast? Only because I'm trying to sell stuff in order to buy this one

Do Not worry, nothing sells out anymore. Nothing. You are going to have plenty of time to grab this.

If you are in the US, there's absolutely ZERO reason to get this from HK unless you:

1- Bleed money and can't think straight.

2- Have to be one of the "first" ones to have it and post pics (completely meaningless and moronic).

1 and 2 X 100.

If you want it, and don't mind paying retail, go with sideshow. That's the earliest you'll get it paying MSRP.

Now, if you don't mind waiting, plenty of deals will come up. PLENTY. Some collectors can't actually afford these (specially those that get it "first" from HK) so they end up selling these things for way less than retail because bills can't wait. Also, plenty of others will be selling these Returns figures because BvS is around the corner, and the onslaught of figures coming are going to be something those people will want, therefore they end up selling others in order to afford them.

That is my plan of action IF I do end up getting this dollie. I now know better, and I've seen it MANY TIMES. I remember paying $300 plus shipping for Robocop, only to see it later go for $185 shipped by some poor soul on FB.

I know doing it that way hurts potential other figure developments, but as it is right now, I don't see HT ever touching other classic licenses with what's coming (see Alien, 66 Batman, Returns, etc etc etc)

Hope that helps.

Yup definitely helps. My basic plan is to sell everything I have and just get two or three characters that I've always loved and just keep it that way. Right now batman and t-800 are my top priorities and t-800 is in stock so I should just go straight for him first then wait for batman based on what your saying

Action Figure Express apparently lost their contract with Sideshow so my order was cancelled on this set. I look at it as a blessing and now plan to play the long game on this one. I too can see this set going to double rewards, free shipping, etc down the road like many recent Hot Toys Batman releases. That said I still can't wait to see final production pics soon...

Some collectors can't actually afford these (specially those that get it "first" from HK) so they end up selling these things for way less than retail because bills can't wait.

Thats what you get when some of these guys just have to have every Hot toys release. I only get the ones I really like, I only have a few 1/6 figures at the moment: Reeves Supes HT, 89 keaton batman HT, Jor El Marlon Brando Superman Returns, 1/6 Greek General from Pangaea

I have zero interest in the Marvel nonsense. Just cause its new doesn't mean its good or has staying power. So far three of those four up above have massive staying power with HT. The Greek General just came out, so depending on the character and the staying power it has will determine if it goes up in price as it goes on.

Ebay seller 123456.jpg

Once again Returns gets ***** slapped with the reveal of BVS and gets put aside. Release this figure already!!

Do Not worry, nothing sells out anymore. Nothing. You are going to have plenty of time to grab this.

If you are in the US, there's absolutely ZERO reason to get this from HK unless you:

1- Bleed money and can't think straight.

2- Have to be one of the "first" ones to have it and post pics (completely meaningless and moronic).

1 and 2 X 100.

If you want it, and don't mind paying retail, go with sideshow. That's the earliest you'll get it paying MSRP.

Now, if you don't mind waiting, plenty of deals will come up. PLENTY. Some collectors can't actually afford these (specially those that get it "first" from HK) so they end up selling these things for way less than retail because bills can't wait. Also, plenty of others will be selling these Returns figures because BvS is around the corner, and the onslaught of figures coming are going to be something those people will want, therefore they end up selling others in order to afford them.

That is my plan of action IF I do end up getting this dollie. I now know better, and I've seen it MANY TIMES. I remember paying $300 plus shipping for Robocop, only to see it later go for $185 shipped by some poor soul on FB.

I know doing it that way hurts potential other figure developments, but as it is right now, I don't see HT ever touching other classic licenses with what's coming (see Alien, 66 Batman, Returns, etc etc etc)

Hope that helps.

Man you said it all- I agree with you 100% on this although I disagree with many of your other posts!:lol

Once again Returns gets ***** slapped with the reveal of BVS and gets put aside. Release this figure already!!

They are not gonna release this figure with Toy Soul in a couple of days. This figure will release last week of december I bet.

On display at Toy Soul. Safe to say it's the final production sculpt.

12360419_1244739448873525_5054581109374415284_n.jpg

Back