Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

As far as civilian Bruce Wayne figures go, I would have preferred his Batcave duds (turtle neck and jeans) like when he's sitting watching the Joker's threat to the city or that sweet armani suit with the sunglasses when he visits Crime Alley/sees the Joker shoot up the mob at City Hall.

I literally posted this same thing on OSR just the other day. Too bad the Keaton sculpt with ripped cowl doesn't come with the regular Batman set. I actually just found out the other day. I bet that will help sell the two pack. Eitherway the turtle neck/blue jeans look is an easy bash and wouldn't be too expensive. You could probably do one for $100 maybe under. I'd like to see someone do this with maybe a Batcave dio.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I literally posted this same thing on OSR just the other day. Too bad the Keaton sculpt with ripped cowl doesn't come with the regular Batman set. I actually just found out the other day. I bet that will help sell the two pack. Eitherway the turtle neck/blue jeans look is an easy bash and wouldn't be too expensive. You could probably do one for $100 maybe under. I'd like to see someone do this with maybe a Batcave dio.

Where can you find these Burton-Bats comics?

I've always wanted to read them.

On another note, seeing how popularity of HT's 1/4 line seems on the uprise (thanks to IM, maybe) I think that this guy might JUST see a QS release, I really do. And as beautiful as the 1/6 looks, I believe a 1/4 of this guy would be killer. And if the 1/4 RDJ HS is anything to go by, then I can see a Keaton one done flawlessly.

After all, they ****ing promised it anyway.

No, I really don't buy toys anymore but that would be a definite purchase.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Where can you find these Burton-Bats comics?

I've always wanted to read them.

On another note, seeing how popularity of HT's 1/4 line seems on the uprise (thanks to IM, maybe) I think that this guy might JUST see a QS release, I really do. And as beautiful as the 1/6 looks, I believe a 1/4 of this guy would be killer. And if the 1/4 RDJ HS is anything to go by, then I can see a Keaton one done flawlessly.

After all, they ****ing promised it anyway.

No, I really don't buy toys anymore but that would be a definite purchase.

Whoa! An optimistic post from Fran! Someone must've gotten laid last night :hi5:

All kidding aside, I couldn't agee more. A QS, high end Keaton batman would be an instant buy for me. And if they paired him with a 1/4 Nicholson Joker, I could stop collecting today and be a happy man.

Early next year for him to hit these shores is fine with me.

Think I'm going to put all my Batman(Burton/Nolan) stuff together when this is released. I have got just about everyone I want now (that has been released) but obviously I will pick up Penguin, Catwomen and any Joker '89 variants in a heartbeat.

Yeah def gonna order him next month. I have $23 in points so might as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

We should have a recall election.

4d257dffb2db9601acba1e3c62fa8c4c.jpg

He couldn't be any worse.

I was asking about my preorder about batman, so I guess it's a matter of time
f637379d76ac372a9f21133baebfa225.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanos will be the next release

Thanos is out.I guess the next one will be Kylo Ren than hopefully Batman. Or who knows...?:gah:

Thanos is out.I guess the next one will be Kylo Ren than hopefully Batman. Or who knows...?:gah:
Whos all left on the list that hasn't been released from that coming soon pic?

This Returns Batman, the new Star Wars Sith guy and Scarlett Witch.
OK awesome so we could see Returns in s couple weeks. So they release one figure a week or so I guess.

Screw thanos, he's not even been in the movie yet. BR should have gotten priority since its been so long. :slap

As much as I disagree with TheMayor that this a QS BW sculpt, I really wish he was correct for a change and that we still have hope of a HT QS Keaton batman. It's clearly a 1/6 head based on the size relative to the sculptor's hands, but my hands are as long as my feet, so anything's possible. :pray:

In the meantime, RELEASE the 1/6 Batman Returns already!!!!

Only a matter of time before someone makes a high end QS Keaton Batman. Look at all the classic Batman stuff we've gotten from companies in various scales since 2011.

I really hope so. To be honest, I'd be content just to see more high-end QS figures released from ANY franchise. We know more 1/4 scale ironmen are inevitable, but hopefully HT won't saturate the 1/4 market with them and neglect all other licenses.

As much as I disagree with TheMayor that this a QS BW sculpt, I really wish he was correct for a change and that we still have hope of a HT QS Keaton batman. It's clearly a 1/6 head based on the size relative to the sculptor's hands, but my hands are as long as my feet, so anything's possible. :pray:

I have never said that I thought they would release a 1/4 BR figure. While Hot toys did promise this from the start, after a year of nothing it was evident they would not do this. What I meant was that original sculpts by HT, the first of there kind, are 1/4, which then they are scaled down, which more then likely lead to the deformity we now see in the current Keaton sculpt.

While I and many others would buy a 1/4 BR figure in a heart beat and it would make tons and tons of money for hot toys, hot toys is content to release figures like:

Thanos (a guy who only appeared for five minutes in a movie)

Scatlett Witch (forgettable character)

Kylo Ren (don't even know if this movie will be good or not)

Stormtrooper (really?! another one?!)

Iron man figure (What is this like the 80th version of this guy?!)

Who is buying this? Seriously who watched AOE and said, man I want a figure of Scarlett Witch, that's the best character ever!...YAWN!

scarlett makes for a pretty cool figure i think! don't care much for her but she looks cool as a toy. as for thanos, yeah he was only onscreen for 5 seconds, but he makes for an impressive figurine.

I get the desire for Thanos - he's pretty unique looking, and a pretty important supervillain in the Marvel mythos.

Scarlet Witch? She's the kind of figure that makes me wonder - just how much pressure is Disney putting on Hot Toys, to release and hype their characters....especially the characters that need extra encouragement to be hyped? Characters like Scarlet Witch, who most people wouldn't otherwise really care about (unlike natural sellers and fan-favorites, like Iron Man).

As for the Star Wars characters - well, Star Wars fans are second-to-none in their drive and desire to buy every single character - no matter how minor - and every single variation of their outfits - no matter how inconsequentially different they may be. They're the originators of modern-day action figure super-collecting, going right back to the days of the Original Trilogy. History has shown that they are sure-thing when it comes to releasing any kind of collectible merchandise. The movies don't even have to be any good - the fans will still eat them up.

Yeah too bad thanos is 400 ****ing dollars! WTF??? Hulk is just as big and didn't cost that much. Disney tax i guess :dunno

Back