Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

17196266089_83eb1b5cea_o.jpg

Definitely not for the OC collector, but probably a better deal for money. If Batman alone would cost just $80-100 cheaper compared to the 2-pack, I'd do as I stated earlier. Maybe I can sell the body with tux for $80, and I would end up having Batman plus the authentic broken cowl and Wayne head for the price (or almost) of Batman alone. IMO better than getting solo pack then spending $30 +$30 approximately for recast head and cowl. But then our mileages vary.

You have a point there. Dang bodies these days go over 60$ on eBay these days.

Why wouldn't they? They altered the Reeve sculpt, the QS Batman was pretty much a completely different figure from the prototype, they released an updated headsculpt of Tony Stark; the list goes on.

Yep, beat me to it. :goodpost:

That's completely incorrect Motuxmen, they do it all the time.

Exactly. Even the new Rocket Raccoon is a new headsculpt.

I'd actually say this has as good a chance as any of getting updated proto pics. As warm as the reception is for the release, in general, the consensus on that Wayne head is pretty much unanimously "total suck ass." I would not be at all surprised if in a week or two we saw "we are excited to share with fans our new and improved Bruce Wayne collectible figure from hit sequel "Batman Returns." Batman fans will be excited to pre-order now this hot collectible!" :lol

Then again, it took them three years just to get this far, so, there's an equally likely possibility that they tell us to go **** ourselves, since most signs point to them not giving a **** in the first place.:lol

The Keaton head is way off, shame as they nailed Bale's sculpt.
Love the Batman though - is it available separately or only as a two-pack?

Well, for everyone that said I am full of it...how u like me now? Came out a few weeks before I expected (though I know why) but I even called it not only being one, but two. So please, stop saying I'm making it up. No way I guessed two when everyone else called even one dead!

And yes, it's stunning!(the batman, not Keaton so much)

Now, everyone that said they wanted it so bad...let the excuses and whine start. All the "oh I'd buy anything" and "it will never happen" will now be "this is the worst ever" and "wish they never did it" and why not have X included"....

The bitching is legendary.

There's so much crying in here, I thought I was in a daycare.

For babies.

Man babies.

The Keaton head is way off, shame as they nailed Bale's sculpt.
Love the Batman though - is it available separately or only as a two-pack?
You can get the Batman figure by itself.

pKkK5ch.jpg

RibuDc1.jpg

The bitching is legendary.

There's so much crying in here, I thought I was in a daycare.

For babies.

Man babies.

For one thing, the bitching is justified. For another, you're on a doll forum and you're talking about immaturity? That's like walking into a butcher shop and complaining about the smell of meat.

LOL batfan08 your a legend :)

It's odd for some reason to me even though the sculpt is off I don't think it looks as bad in the broken cowl. On the Wayne figure it seems more off.

For one thing, the bitching is justified. For another, you're on a doll forum and you're talking about immaturity? That's like walking into a butcher shop and complaining about the smell of meat.

Your on a doll forum bitching about how "close" it is to the fake character from a kids drawing book turned into a fantasy movie....it's like walking into a bar and being upset it smells of alcohol..

See anyone can play. It's not "justified". It's all perception. Not everyone think it looks so bad. And for those that whined for years that they would "buy anything" or "take anything" it's a hollow complaint.

The choice of face plates is all the more baffling, considering the movie provided such obvious options:

KeEDlkE.png

CL3lyYf.jpg

pFrux1q.jpg
Exactly my thoughts. They are charging a high price. I expect high quality and workmanship instead of reusing the DX09 face plates.

Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Face to face, tic tac toe!!! Watch it as it burns, cheek to cheek (off the top of my head lyrics) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Now I can't get that song out of my head. I waited three years, I can wait six months for this figure...

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

It's odd for some reason to me even though the sculpt is off I don't think it looks as bad in the broken cowl. On the Wayne figure it seems more off.

That's probably because they're two different head sculpts. JC Hong says they made even more than that.

It's getting hostile up here:horror. Time to get that pre order up sideshow

Back