Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

It's not perfect. The bad Keaton headsculpt. The dubious choice of faceplates. The lack of glider. But honestly, that BR cowl is so iconic, this is a must-buy despite any shortcomings. That look of Returns Keaton standing tall with cape draping from his shoulders, brooding from under that mask - it's the most iconic, cinematic Batman look for me. I've been waiting for this figure since I was 3 years old :)

Hair is different, so is chin.

No it isn't. Both heads are from the same mold. One is just painted by a master painter. The chin is the same. JC just put more layers and low/high lights that make the subtle ups and downs pop more.

They are the exact same head from the exact same mold.

It's not perfect. The bad Keaton headsculpt. The dubious choice of faceplates. The lack of the glider. But honestly, that BR cowl is so iconic, this is a must-buy despite any shortcomings. That look of Returns Keaton standing tall with the cape draped from his shoulders, brooding from under that mask - it's the most iconic, cinematic Batman look for me. I've been waiting for this figure since I was 3 years old :)

Undoubtedly. Batman himself looks fantastic to my eyes. I haven't spoken enough positives about that. Just that Keaton sculpt was a bit of an elephant in the room.

I want to see what the Returns cape and cowl look like on the 89 body.:lol

I'm going to hold on to hope that they notice all this very vocal critical feedback and tweak the Bruce Wayne sculpt. If they don't make any changes, I may be forced to buy just Batman single pack. I was really loving the idea of having him displayed with the torn cowl and Keaton headsculpt. Bummer

I'll still probably get the set and hope HT fixes the Keaton sculpt.

It's got it's issues. But I'm just so happy this day is finally here. After the years of waiting and teases and points where many of us flat out gave up, it's here. I'll overlook any nitpicks for now and just be happy we're getting it at last.

WOW! Just woke to this Dream come true ,now when can i order ? 3 years and waiting for this announcement.:horror:impatient:

Yeah, that JC Hong repaint is so much better. If the figure ends up looking like that, I'll be more than satisfied.

For me, I never even realistically expected the glider. I doubt I'd pose him like that, anyway, as I currently have my '89 Batman with his cape spread. A Keaton Bruce Wayne was always one of my top ten wants, so if the paint gets fixed, I'm going to be one happy camper with this set.

I still have faith they'll do Catwoman at least. There's no rush on a property this old, and Hot Toys knows that.

The choice of face plates is all the more baffling, considering the movie provided such obvious options:

KeEDlkE.png

CL3lyYf.jpg

pFrux1q.jpg

The problems with the Wayne sculpt aren't with the paint. It's what's underneath. Sure, Hong's looks a little more spiffy and a little more real, but, at the end of the day, it's no more Keaton than the prototype is. The core elements are there, but his features are all ****ed up. It's like someone took his mouth and squashed it to the point where it's only occupying a fraction of the space it's supposed to.

I'm going to hold on to hope that they notice all this very vocal critical feedback and tweak the Bruce Wayne sculpt. If they don't make any changes, I may be forced to buy just Batman single pack. I was really loving the idea of having him displayed with the torn cowl and Keaton headsculpt. Bummer
They won't change the head after it goes up for sale. They already have the head molded

Never pre-order HT before, where to get this guy?

They won't change the head after it goes up for sale. They already have the head molded

While that is most often the case, it's definitely not always true. Elder Predator is a good recent example.

Why wouldn't they? They altered the Reeve sculpt, the QS Batman was pretty much a completely different figure from the prototype, they released an updated headsculpt of Tony Stark; the list goes on.

Now all I need is a new Begins Batman/Bruce combo and Batfleck and I'm done with Bats from HT.

No it isn't. Both heads are from the same mold. One is just painted by a master painter. The chin is the same. JC just put more layers and low/high lights that make the subtle ups and downs pop more.

They are the exact same head from the exact same mold.

Evidence of this? No? I didn't think so.

That's completely incorrect Motuxmen, they do it all the time.

Why wouldn't they? They altered the Reeve sculpt, the QS Batman was pretty much a completely different figure from the prototype, they released an updated headsculpt of Tony Stark; the list goes on.

Exactly. Even the new Rocket Raccoon is a new headsculpt.

Back