Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Things change . . .

The box caught my eye. Got me thinking of the third theatrical poster, the character "the bat, the cat & the penguin" one. Wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be cool if Hot Toys took the other two into consideration for the boxes so when all three art boxes are lined up, something similar is achieved?

View attachment 225467

Nahhhh. :lol

I'd rather they actually used movie poster images on boxes. Keep images of the figure itself to the back or on the inside.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I could never get it to look good so I went with the overpriced piece of fabric

Lol. This is why I like you, guys.

Never offended, great sense of humor.

Wish more were like you.

It's just too early to tell which Keaton sculpt we're getting. I'd like to know if we're getting better mouthplates.

I'll buy the twin pack no matter which head scult. I have an empty shelf with room for 2 figurines.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

They would've shown the updated HS and mouth plates by now, I think. Much like they did for the 1/4 Bats.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, though.

I expect the updated sculpt to be revealed in the blogger pics as suggested by others. Time will tell.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

This is slated for a Dec. 31 release in HK, huh? While the rest of the world engages or prepares to engage in drunken revelry, we'll be here waiting for dollie pictures. :lol

This is slated for a Dec. 31 release in HK, huh? While the rest of the world engages or prepares to engage in drunken revelry, we'll be here waiting for dollie pictures. :lol

They way Iv understood it, it's an early December release in Hong Kong first, then japan late December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I just reread ilovetoys's post. So this could be releasing in HK as early as this or next week then? Sweet.

Out if all of those, I could see the Sandtrooper and Batman showing up very soon. They got Vader, Luke and the 1/4 Iron Man from the last group out with a quickness.

Sandtrooper is actually shipping from SS December 10th somehow.

Yeah my guy in Hong Kong has told me batman will be out "very soon" he's already confirmed he'll have him for day of release too. With ems shipping I should have in 3/4 days of release.
With this and the batmobile I got last wk, it's shaping up to be an awesome Christmas!

I'm surprised we'll be getting Stormtrooper Luke and the Sandtrooper so quickly. Looks like the two-month gap no longer applies...at least on certain releases.

I'm surprised we'll be getting Stormtrooper Luke and the Sandtrooper so quickly. Looks like the two-month gap no longer applies...at least on certain releases.

Stormie Luke was released in HK a while ago (maybe a month or so now) so he makes sense, but it feels like Sandtrooper was released yesterday so them arriving back to back doesn't make much sense to me but I'll take it. I think Luke is the day after the Sandtrooper for me too. :dunno

Awesome! I just picked up the steelbook blu Ray version of the film too. Now Iv got to make the decision wether to buy the 2 pack with the hope they changed the Keaton headsculpt or stick with the single.
I'm gonna get 2 anyway so might go for the 2pack as well as the single set

I'd much rather have a bloodied Keaton head but nope, we have to get Tuxedoed Bruce instead.

Like others have said in this thread in the past, we should have gotten both.

Regular Batman

- figure as it is now
- Bruce Wayne with face wounds
- torn bat cowl

Batman/Bruce Wayne 2 pack

- clean Bruce Wayne portrait
- tuxedo
- true type
- display stand

Actually, if scrapping the tux, true type and stand (basically the whole 2 pack) meant more time and $$$ going to the R&D of a kick ass Wayne headsculpt and some cowl faces that made sense to the movie, I'd have been all for it. The tailoring on this tuxedo has looked like crap since day one just like their Armory Bruce clothes, would have been fine without them. Then again, knowing Hot Toys they probably had a few suits lying around. :lol

HT_MIcon_LESLIE_01.jpg

Sad but true

The only problem is nobody would've bought that hypothetical two-pack. :lol

To be honest, I'm actually surprised - pleasantly - that we're getting any Returns figures. There had to be plenty of opportunities for Howard to mothball this ****er.

Batman Returns isn't my favorite movie of the 7 (that'd be Batman '89 or the Dark Knight), but it is the best looking. It's one of my favorite movies to watch on blu ray, a testament of it's crisp cinematography.

You're right (again).The look of this film is the most stunning of all 7. And Michelle as Catwoman... "There's some BODY here to see you". Awesome stuff. Actually, I might see it now... Been years, maybe it's not that good anymore?

Back