Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'll buy whatever Batman 89/Batman Returns stuff they make. Still pisses me off that they allowed that custom Bob the Goon on display. What a **** tease for someone that is thirsty for more collectibles from these movies. I'll settle for just Catwoman (deluxe regular and Damaged) and a Penguin (regular mayor/promo look), but I'd buy Bob.

I'd love to get more Nicholson too since they're the only company that has his license. They barely scratched the surface with DX 08 and DX 14.

IMG_7178.JPG
IMG_7179.JPG
IMG_7180.JPG
IMG_7174.JPG
IMG_7181.JPG
IMG_7175.JPG

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Why didn't his figures come with like 2 heads each? The ****ing Joker for chrissakes. Is that all Nicholson's or Nicholson's people would allow?

Why didn't his figures come with like 2 heads each? The ****ing Joker for chrissakes. Is that all Nicholson's or Nicholson's people would allow?

It didn't come with 2 heads each because HT is greedy. Two heads used to be standard for every figure - now it's a rarity.

The number of heads and average number of accessories has diminished steadily over the past few years for figures - meanwhile, the price has risen steadily.

Nothing to do with rights, likeness, or Nicholson - everything to do with $. Why spend the money on sculpting, painting, producing, and packaging another head, when they know we'll buy a single-headed figure at an inflated price anyhow?

^

Yup.

Honestly, they could have easily given the DX 08 his partyman look. All it would have been was an alternate second head flesh painted, the beret and an alternate tie. That figure was like $260 out of the gate in 2012 too.

And DX14 could have come with a second head that could also be used with DX08 to expand the options even further. Sorta like how bank robber joker from TDK came with a head that they knew everyone was going to use as a replacement for the head on that initial purple suit figure they released.

Different facial expressions, non-hat hair, the flesh-coloured make-up - so many possibilities.

It didn't come with 2 heads each because HT is greedy. Two heads used to be standard for every figure - now it's a rarity.

The number of heads and average number of accessories has diminished steadily over the past few years for figures - meanwhile, the price has risen steadily.

Nothing to do with rights, likeness, or Nicholson - everything to do with $. Why spend the money on sculpting, painting, producing, and packaging another head, when they know we'll buy a single-headed figure at an inflated price anyhow?

I fully agree with Joker being the perfect candidate for coming with two sculpts, but when was it the standard that HT figures came with two sculpts? Out of the first 150 MMS, how many came with two sculpts? Perhaps 10? Even of the 14 DX figures, only 7 had two sculpts.
The amount of extra sculpts has probably decreased over time, but if so, I would say it went from occasionally to rarely.

Like they did with the Suicide Joker, you want multiple heads, you will buy the four other figures to achieve likeness and it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully agree with Joker being the perfect candidate for coming with two sculpts, but when was it the standard that HT figures came with two sculpts? Out of the first 150 MMS, how many came with two sculpts? Perhaps 10? Even of the 14 DX figures, only 7 had two sculpts.
The amount of extra sculpts has probably decreased over time, but if so, I would say it went from occasionally to rarely.

I will admit that my HT expertise is fairly limited to Batman, but what I can remember:

2+ Heads:
-OC Batman
-TDK Batman
-BR Joker
-Two-Face
-DX01
-DX02

1 Head:
-TDK Joker

Then came the bare-bones release of Bat-Demon/Scarecrow (which could have had Dr. Crane's head and some accessories, but didn't), and the slide really began.

I also recall Iron Man figures coming with Stark Heads, Terminator Heads coming with multiple options (T-1000 comes to mind), but my knowledge of non-Batman figures isn't extensive. It's possible my original thesis is wrong outside the Batman line - but reduced accessories (of which "heads" are surely a specific type) and inflated prices seem to be a general HT trend whenever I'm looking at a solicit, Batman-related or not.

I'm hopeful HT would do the Kilmer and Clooney suits (black suits not the ending ones). Awful movies but badass suits, nipple and all.

I'm hopeful HT would do the Kilmer and Clooney suits (black suits not the ending ones). Awful movies but badass suits, nipple and all.

I second this, even the bat mobiles if need be, despite how bad the films were i am a fan of them all!

I second this, even the bat mobiles if need be, despite how bad the films were i am a fan of them all!

Before they tackle the Schumacher films' vehicles, they need to do the Batwing and Batskiboat from the first two. Oh, and Penguin's big yellow duck for good measure. :)

They can't even get Catwoman and Penguin out there and are struggling to produce the BvS Batmobile, BvS signal, and 60s Batmobile and you guys think they'd get to more vehicles or Batman Forever/Batman and Robin figures? :lol

Maybe if the DC movie universe was dead and nothing modern was coming out, but between Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League, there's no chance any of those older properties will get made.

Before they tackle the Schumacher films' vehicles, they need to do the Batwing and Batskiboat from the first two. Oh, and Penguin's big yellow duck for good measure. :)

I think they revealed a while ago that they won't make any more vehicles as they were not profitable.

That's because their QC sucks.

serious question, as I was re applying leather care on my batmans in rubber suits, has anyone tried to re dye the leather bald spots on them successfully? I was thinking about it, since the DX09 and the returns Batman both have grey spots from the color falling off, and it's highly noticeable from a 5ft away.

From Batman Forever and B&R I would buy every single enemy.

Movies were the worst, but I always loved the design of the bad guys.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

1000244681.ashx

Batman-y-Robin-1997-Poison-Ivy.jpeg

The only good thing that came from Schumacher making those god awful batman films is that Christopher Nolan got his chance to make his trilogy

The only good thing that came from Schumacher making those god awful batman films is that Christopher Nolan got his chance to make his trilogy

Batman Forever > TDKR

Srs

Back