Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Was wondering if we'd see this.

Great review, you made it look fantastic. Just a pity that with the nature of the suit all of those incredible poses can't be long-term - unless you can afford more than one figure where you might not mind deterioration for the sake of an incredible Batman ''in flight'' display for as long as the suit lasts.

Any time I restraightened the elbows after having them bent for more than a minute I would find moisture build-up, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

That's one thing I love about this figure that you can see in clipperking's video, the way the light bounces off the cowl and armor of the suit. It is menacing, imposing and very statuesque. I have a light overhead on mine that is casting light on top of his head and it just looks impressive.

This was one of my favorite shots in that review (along with the flight pose).

image.jpeg

Didn't see much dust on that figure either, I wonder is that an effect of the light. Because my figure (which I opened back up again on Thursday night, Captain Indecisive's muh name) is a ****ing magnet for airborne particulates.

Oh you opened it back up? :lol

Mine hasn't gotten too dusty yet, then again, I have a neutral museum pose for it and have had the cape covering most of his body. When it comes time to dust it, I'll just do it. Haven't really handled it too much.

Every time I look at it, I think of these cool Jose Luis Garcia Lopez illustrations that were on everything from coloring books to lunch boxes in the early to mid 90s. Really nostalgic look and figure for me.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Great pictures like this collector's really remind me of those, especially when one side of the face end eye are obscured in darkness and shadow.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mine hasn't gotten too dusty yet, then again, I have a neutral museum pose for it and have had the cape covering most of his body. When it comes time to dust it, I'll just do it. Haven't really handled it too much.

Every time I look at it, I think of these cool Jose Luis Garcia Lopez illustrations that were on everything from coloring books to lunch boxes in the early to mid 90s. Really nostalgic look and figure for me.

View attachment 249017
View attachment 249018
View attachment 249019
View attachment 249020
View attachment 249021
View attachment 249022
View attachment 249024
View attachment 249025
View attachment 249023

Great pictures like this collector's really remind me of those, especially when one side of the face end eye are obscured in darkness and shadow.

View attachment 249027
View attachment 249028

That last photo is awesome mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some updates on the glider custom I'm working on...

Ok so it's extremely unrefined right now but I think I've come up with a method to attach the fabric to the folder frame that looks awesome.

What I did was attach the fabric along the upper frame only on the backside. I cut a series of holes and slits on the fabric to allow for different arms of the frame through. I then folded the entire fabric section over the top of the glider, hiding my attachment points, and secured the bottom to the tips of the frame. And it looks great. I have some minor kinks to work out so it looks clean but overall I think it's killer.
32b76d30fac045c69a3f0ed6d3f4cab7.jpg
4be31e08b17c810f83d04f608eacb512.jpg
0e7c7ad8b399d95085d146eb54f0c919.jpg
9135207a2e98600a7decb126a22d3c7a.jpg

d25f6e5aae0a2e2e0de2c2393a9367ca.jpg

d803cf3f52588b18e425699779198127.jpg
c491cdc626e7916fcc8c75fd1f49f3bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Man, that's pretty ****ing awesome! Keep it up.

I opened it back up. I had a problem with the idea of selling what I consider to be the superior cowl and I daresay superior Keaton likeness (disagreeing with Clipperking on that point). I was envisioning scenarios where I would buy back just the cowl from ebay or TA or somewhere but that was making me extend to the Returns armour itself, meaning the whole damn body and when you get to that point why sell it in the first place :rolleyes2

Still not happy with either cape though. Clipper's video has even soured me a bit on my DX09 cape, looks like Clipper got a better one than I have. Mine is super-shiny, doesn't match the DX09 rubber quite as well as Clipper's cape appears to do. It does however have natural folds and it drapes well. The Returns cape reverses it, it has the right surface look but it doesn't fold or drape particularly well.

Last edited:

I opened it back up. I had a problem with the idea of selling what I consider to be the superior cowl and I daresay superior Keaton likeness (disagreeing with Clipperking on that point). I was envisioning scenarios where I would buy back just the cowl from ebay or TA or somewhere but that was making me extend to the Returns armour itself, meaning the whole damn body and when you get to that point why sell it in the first place :rolleyes2

Still not happy with either cape though. Clipper's video has even soured me a bit on my DX09 cape, looks like Clipper got a better one than I have. Mine is super-shiny, doesn't match the DX09 rubber quite as well as Clipper's cape appears to do. It does however have natural folds and it drapes well. The Returns cape reverses it, it has the right surface look but it doesn't fold or drape particularly well.

Yeah, just keep it then. Better to have a bit of buyers remorse than sellers remorse down the road. It's not an awful figure by any means even though I personally think it could be way better with a few minor things that should have been implemented anyway.

I was looking at pics on my phone from months back, and I came across these two pics. Can someone help me out here so I know I'm not crazy. Even though I prefer the neutral face and not the slightly open, pursed lips mouths, to me, this looks just like Keaton in the suit.

Batman Returns.jpg

I've been messing around with the faceplates trying to compare the different looks and I just can't achieve how those two images above look. Can someone tell me which mouth/face plate that is? No matter how I look at the two of them in the cowl, it simply doesn't look like how it does there. They're almost unusable. I try pushing them into the cowl as hard as my finger will allow and it still juts out and looks awkward from every perspective.

I was looking at pics on my phone from months back, and I came across these two pics. Can someone help me out here so I know I'm not crazy. Even though I prefer the neutral face and not the slightly open, pursed lips mouths, to me, this looks just like Keaton in the suit.

I've been messing around with the faceplates trying to compare the different looks and I just can't achieve how those two images above look. Can someone tell me which mouth/face plate that is? No matter how I look at the two of them in the cowl, it simply doesn't look like how it does there. They're almost unusable. I try pushing them into the cowl as hard as my finger will allow and it still juts out and looks awkward from every perspective.

Are they prototype shots?

Those mouths looked supremely awful in Clipper's video and he knows how to shoot figures to look good. I left them in the box. Just useless.

Am I the only who will print out the batman drawings and paint them?

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Letting go of my Returns Tony Mei cape if anyone needs one. In hand and ready to go. $65 shipped in the states. :wave

Selling off a full batman returns in the U.K. If anyone's interested

With some patience in fuzzing, the stock cape can drape nicely...

With some patience in fuzzing, the stock cape can drape nicely...

That's what I'm saying, everyone's buying custom capes and all, I can futz the hell out of mine, just bend in between creases or pinch it with out magnets, it works wonders. But even then I got an extra cape for batmobile purposes.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I need symmetry to some degree and the symmetry is off in that pic. I can also tell by how it looks at the bottom that it's sticking out awkwardly at the back. But hey, as I've said, I don't feel that the custom cape made a huge difference this time so by all means do what you can with the stock cape - remove the wires and use magnets if need be, or just be happy with what you're happy with and don't mind what others think.

ac487d8d82e130db224cdcf0570d3a90.jpg
3d053977e491684db864485d77c9cc0a.jpg

The stock cape sucks no matter what, if you want it to drape properly without puffing out you have to go custom

The only custom cape worth buying is the begins suit.. It should be dark velvet kind of look... The stock cape isnt dark enough. Material oso seems wrong..

For other batman suits, of cos custom cape stil the best.. But some stock are ok with proper patient fuzzing... But the begins custom cape is a must have..

In Batman Returns his cape was leather if I remember correctly while in Batman Begins it was more of a cotton material if I remember correctly.

I need symmetry to some degree and the symmetry is off in that pic. I can also tell by how it looks at the bottom that it's sticking out awkwardly at the back. But hey, as I've said, I don't feel that the custom cape made a huge difference this time so by all means do what you can with the stock cape - remove the wires and use magnets if need be, or just be happy with what you're happy with and don't mind what others think.

Got an old DX09 cape around? Pop that on & see if it works for you. Anything is better than the stock one.

Back