Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Sorry that was my signature. Nothing to do with anything here.

Back on topic, what custom cape do you own for this figure?

:lol

I knew that was your signature

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Sorry that was my signature. Nothing to do with anything here.

Back on topic, what custom cape do you own for this figure?

:lol :lol :lol

I was ready to get all indignant. As for your question did you get my visitor message?

Strange, when I look at your visitor messages I can see it. Very well, see ''invisible ink'' in this post.

TonyMei cape

Yes. Ideally I would return it but do I have reasonable grounds to do so? These marks may have developed during transit for all I know, a moisture reaction to being encased in bubblewrap or something, or even if not - I can see how they wouldn't have been noticed. I would have lived with them except the capes are just not good enough. The stock cape is woeful, the custom cape is only slightly better. And I'm certainly not spending any more money on a different cape. So I don't want the figure anymore.

I've seen people say they returned stuff for no reason more than buyer's remorse - personally I consider that unfair on a retailer especially if they can't get reimbursed themselves. So in my case I've got those marks and just being unsatisfied with how the figure looks overall, factors which are certainly creating buyer's remorse.....:dunno

I felt like this almost immediately upon opening Marty McFly. He's currently sitting in his box and shipper, unloved and unwanted.

I felt like this almost immediately upon opening Marty McFly. He's currently sitting in his box and shipper, unloved and unwanted.

Trying to sell Marty - slightly different case - I was completely happy with the quality of that figure and how he looked, no issues. I simply shouldn't have bought him for all the reasons I knew of beforehand. Definite case of buyers remorse only, so I didn't even consider returning him. I'll sell him and take the inevitable monetary loss.

Sucks about the Returns Batman. If my arm was like that and it took this long, I'd probably be turned off too.

For me personally, I'm definitely done with Hot Toys. DX 09 Batman, DX 13 BD T-800 and the BD Robocop 2-pack were the height of this Hot Toys thing for me.

Sucks about the Returns Batman. If my arm was like that and it took this long, I'd probably be turned off too.

For me personally, I'm definitely done with Hot Toys. DX 09 Batman, DX 13 BD T-800 and the BD Robocop 2-pack were the height of this Hot Toys thing for me.

Having the DX09 also plays into it. All this time and hassle to have a figure that looks basically the same as a figure I already had and can't even look as good because the cape is ridiculous and the intended replacement was hardly any better.

This makes 2 out of the last 3 Hot Toys figure purchases that I ultimately won't keep. Marty McFly/BD Robocop being the others. BD Robocop was something I've wanted since childhood, he is a triumph and actually completed a line as far as the 'necessary' characters/variants so he is staying in my collection. Marty is a great figure (starting a line which Hot Toys probably won't complete) from a franchise that I love but never particularly cared to own toys from. With Marty I bought into other people's hype and I was wrong to do so. Selling him. And then there's this Batman Returns. One way or another he will be departing.

I too am finished with Hot Toys unless they make more T1/T2 or Aliens marines. There's no point pretending those wouldn't make my head pop up.

Having the DX09 also plays into it. All this time and hassle to have a figure that looks basically the same as a figure I already had and can't even look as good because the cape is ridiculous and the intended replacement was hardly any better.

This makes 2 out of the last 3 Hot Toys figure purchases that I ultimately won't keep. Marty McFly/BD Robocop being the others. BD Robocop was something I've wanted since childhood, he is a triumph and actually completed a line as far as the 'necessary' characters/variants so he is staying in my collection. Marty is a great figure (starting a line which Hot Toys probably won't complete) from a franchise that I love but never particularly cared to own toys from. With Marty I bought into other people's hype and I was wrong to do so. Selling him. And then there's this Batman Returns. One way or another he will be departing.

I too am finished with Hot Toys unless they make more T1/T2 or Aliens marines. There's no point pretending those wouldn't make my head pop up.

Yeah i think your right. Theres a lot of hype with these figures nowadays and most unfortunately don't live up to it. In the past i was definitely suckered into buying figures based on my own naivety or from following others impressions and opinions about Figures. I remember my first big hot toys disappointment was the comedian figure which i felt regret on purchasing as soon as i opened the box.

Now I only purchase those figures i really want, bd robocop and murphy being the last ones i got from hot toys. After the armoured batman and the terminator endo from genisys comes out ill pick them up but i think im pretty much going to be done with hot toys after that unless they release the aliens marines or the blue tinted robocop from robocop 2. Its a case of narrowing down my requirements. As well as the quality lacking its also a money thing with me. I just can't justify spending $300 on a new figure every few months anymore. There are more important things to spend money on.

Last edited:

The hype and “awwww” for me on 1/6 figure went away years ago. My first 1/6 scale figure was SS Bib Fortuna and second was Mattel’s Winston Ghostbusters. I came from the 7” world and I was amazed at the detail, size etc I was seeing. I kept staring at these for days. I have never felt the same for any figure since. The initial excitement of size and detail are gone. Kind of like receiving your first 6” Star Wars figure. I’m pretty sure we don’t feel the same way about todays 6” compared to the first X wing Luke, Maul etc.

Don’t get me wrong I love my HT display. When I look at them I an truly happy of what I own. I see then as amazing art pieces

with the restriction of the suit, it can still do some decent pose. (just be sure to put the figure back to museum pose after)

Yeah I am probably going to just sell mine too. I ordered it from BBTS and still have to pick it up from the Post Office. I also got a Tony Meis cape for it.

I was rearranging my display today and was handling my 89 Batman. Realized I don't need two of what will essentially look like the same figure on display (I know the suits are drastically different but from across the room they will look similar, especially to everyone else).. If they did Penguin and Catwoman I would keep him but after waiting like 3 or 4 years to get just Batman, I don't really care anymore. After Leia I think I will be done with Hot Toys.

It's the same way people would sell their 1989/1992 batmans because they would resemble the panther suit from 1995.

I like batsuits and want all of them, so far I have 1966/1989/1992/2005/2008/2012 and maybe 2016

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

It's the same way people would sell their 1989/1992 batmans because they would resemble the panther suit from 1995.

I like batsuits and want all of them, so far I have 1966/1989/1992/2005/2008/2012 and maybe 2016

No Sideshow Bats or Arkham City? I had to pass on the '66 and I have to see BvS before I can think about those.

Nah no sideshow, and I like the video games but no dice with Arkham city, I would rather have a batman beyond or batman the animated series 1/6 scale.

Back