1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just for the sake of it, a quick triple side by side with a similar angle and hood configuration:

View attachment 167323

To me the SS comes closer, but the HT is still quite good (although not quite good enough for me to want to spend $220 on).

I do agree though, it does seem to look more like Guinness without the hood over his head for some reason.

To me the SS comes closer, but the HT is still quite good (although not quite good enough for me to want to spend $220 on).

I do agree though, it does seem to look more like Guinness without the hood over his head for some reason.
I completely agree, and based on the triple compare pic I can't understand why some people think the SS looks like a comic portrait, except for the poor paint application. Look at the unpainted version below.
EDIT: I used Photoshop to add brightness to the center film image, reposted at bottom.
1_2_scale_ben_kenobi_sideshow_by_trevorgrove-d6dz6q1.jpg
Old_Ben_zps141b2246.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I think that's Trevor's Obi-Wan PF, and not the 1/6 head.

The 1/6 head is also a much better likeness in my opinion, even if it doesn't have nearly as much detail as that.

Really? if so, my mistake then... but I do have the SS 1/6, and I looked at it to compare to this photo; wasn't different enough to clue me in that it wasn't the same sculpt. Now that I look at the scale of the thread fibers, I think you're right.

I laugh at people who think Chewie is way off. Anyone who see's that figure is going to instantly recognize who it is. Unless the production piece doesn't look anywhere near to the proto, there's no way I will skip that figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I laugh at people who think Chewie is way off. Anyone who see's that figure is going to instantly recognize who it is. Unless the production piece doesn't look anywhere near to the proto, there's no way I will skip that figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone who sees this plush Chewie will instantly recognize it as Chewbacca.

image.jpg

And hey, you can actually see his eyes!

Back