1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, it's an action figure, Matt! It's OK if it's not 100% accurate. :lol

I understand and if these were under $100 I'd be right there with you all. But, we have entered a brave new world of $200 plus action figures. Should we not demand more? Seriously. Its not like I'm a hater. I probably had my hopes up way too high that HT would knock homeruns out everytime. Ironically, not one proto looks movie still accurate, aside from the Stormtroopers. Han, Chewie, Vader, old ben all have likeness issues

It's funny, but with the hood down I can't see Alec:

902345-product-feature-740x448.jpg

But with the hood up, there he is:

902345-obi-wan-kenobi-002.jpg

:duh

I don't know guys, I think this looks beautiful. It's certainly a stylised version of Obi-Wan but it looks very impressive, and we know what kind of quality we are going to get from Hot Toys. This is gonna be a tremendous set to open up and futz. Those robes, leather boots, belt, jesus they look great.

Quality of the sculpt makes up for likeness issues. Heck, I went to a Ripley's Wax Museum once in Texas and I remember only one or two figures that were dead ringers for the actor (the Demi Moore statue was spooky real). This is quite good. Pre and ordered.

I actually like how the figure doesn't seem as frail and paunchy as Guiness did in the movie (Sorry Alec :pray:) quite heroic looking.

I'll be ordering this.

That "force" hand bugs me though. I need to go back and check my DVD of ANH to see if those two fingers are accurate to when he gestures to distract the Stormtroopers near the tractor beam controls.

There not. They are just a re sculpt of lokis hand

So just for the sake of it, a quick triple side by side with a similar angle and hood configuration:

Old_Ben_zps141b2246.jpg

I just think if they tweak the eyes then this will really be on. Like Rory says its beautiful regardless and going to be a fun figure.

There is no exclusive.

There's also no reason to preorder this early.

Back