1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

:lol
Damn straight, although it'd be nice if certain folks around here also got the gist of my username, & stopped calling me vinti. :gah:

Damn straight, although it'd be nice if certain folks around here also got the gist of my username, & stopped calling me vinti. :gah:

Those pesky whippersnappers!

hajfh.jpg

Obi-Wan is NOT cancelled. He was just shown at a Japan toy fair 2 days ago. Also, Alec Guinness was 63 years old when Star Wars came out in 1977, and he was even a little younger when they filmed the movie. So to me, this Obi-Wan looks great and easily looks like someone who is 60-63 years old. I think its a great likeness. But if you don't like it, so be it...

Jesus Christ, what the **** is going on with this line? Why did they show that **** in Japan? They wait ten years for the licence and then produce figures of two major characters that ****ing look nothing the **** like the ****ing actors. What is the ****ing point? That doesn't like anything look Guiness it's some ****ing guy in an Obi-Wan kenobi outfit. Jesus. And has it been cancelled? If so, why? If not, why not? And no Luke, no Leia, why has Hot Toys announced a line that - with the honourable exception of the stormtroopers - has gone **** up almost instantly? I mean, just look at it, Hot Toys + Star Wars = a 20% success rate. Should be like the most astonishingly wonderful and successful line ever, instead is one POS after another. Is Star wars cursed or something? Was it not released in China?

Lol. If you read back, you'll see that Obi-Wan being cancelled was a joke that *somehow* went over a few posters' heads. Figure has never been cancelled and is presumably on track (hopefully with tweaks).

Jesus Christ, what the **** is going on with this line? Why did they show that **** in Japan? They wait ten years for the licence and then produce figures of two major characters that ****ing look nothing the **** like the ****ing actors. What is the ****ing point? That doesn't like anything look Guiness it's some ****ing guy in an Obi-Wan kenobi outfit. Jesus. And has it been cancelled? If so, why? If not, why not? And no Luke, no Leia, why has Hot Toys announced a line that - with the honourable exception of the stormtroopers - has gone **** up almost instantly? I mean, just look at it, Hot Toys + Star Wars = a 20% success rate. Should be like the most astonishingly wonderful and successful line ever, instead is one POS after another. Is Star wars cursed or something? Was it not released in China?

:slap again, its NOT cancelled. its just the Freaks being Freaks on here making stuff up as usual and your falling for it. if you dont like the figure, thats your opinion. But i think it looks awesome!! which is my opinion. :)

:slap again, its NOT cancelled. its just the Freaks being Freaks on here making stuff up as usual and your falling for it. if you dont like the figure, thats your opinion. But i think it looks awesome!! which is my opinion. :)

Someone made up that it's cancelled when it's not? I don't get why that's worth doing. I'm 44, is this something that younger people would find funny?

Thing is, it was obviously a joke but some oblivious posters took it seriously and I guess everyone let them believe what they wanted. Anyone that read the initial posts (and they're not that far back) should've been able to discern easily that it was not meant seriously.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about Obi-Wan or the line. They'll still be very good representations overall.

Thing is, it was obviously a joke but some oblivious posters took it seriously and I guess everyone let them believe what they wanted. Anyone that read the initial posts (and they're not that far back) should've been able to discern easily that it was not meant seriously.

I read a couple of posts, read back a few pages, saw a couple more that said the same thing... I want bans for people who make stuff up! That'll teach 'em.

Someone made up that it's cancelled when it's not? I don't get why that's worth doing. I'm 44, is this something that younger people would find funny?

Yes. Happens all the time on here. People get impatient and have nothing else better to do, so they start joking around. I don't post much anymore, but felt the need to post this because i saw too many people were falling for it.

He will be released, they are just spreading them out now. They PO'd a lot already not to mention SSC has a lot of Star Wars POs happening right now. So hopefully for me, Obi-Wan won't be a PO for a little while longer because I got a ton on PO's going right now, all Star Wars. Not to mention the people who collect Marvel will have their hands full with AoU. so I hope they save Luke, Leia and Obi-Wan for later in the year.

...So hopefully for me, Obi-Wan won't be a PO for a little while longer because I got a ton on PO's going right now, all Star Wars. Not to mention the people who collect Marvel will have their hands full with AoU. so I hope they save Luke, Leia and Obi-Wan for later in the year.
Yep, hoping for a bit of a break, too. I have more POs due this year than I had in the previous two years combined (b/c I'm buying multiples of the Storm and Scout Troopers), so I'm alright if HT eases off the pedal, a bit.

Goddamn DiFabio!!! :cuss

I'd like for this to be up for PO yesterday

Anyway, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about Obi-Wan or the line. They'll still be very good representations overall.
You're honestly just too damn sensible for your own good.. you know that? :tap

Back