1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

Pre-cancel. Funny.
Liking that it looks like this fig will come with the eyes closed extra head sculpt. Nice touch to pose into Ben's becoming one with the Force stance.

I see a little bit of Guinness in there as well...:monkey3

VADBEERguinness.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Likenesses that don't match the premium MSRPs on these figs is disappointing. I look at what Star Ace is busting out with the Harry Potter line and you can just about see the love and care that has gone into it. And then you look at this HT dross and it just feels cynically wheeled out ahead of the main EpVII game later this year. At least the stormtrooper looks good.

It's going to be ironic, if Hot Toys end up having exactly the same struggle with likenesses, that Sideshow have been criticised for.. especially after all the anticipation for 'improved' HT versions.

I sense a great disturbance in the force..... as if Ben Kenobi is actually going to be present very soon.... for order.

At this point, with the likeness copping a hiding - who's more foolish to PO; the fool, or the fool who follows him??? :monkey3

:lol

Howard: "Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them."

10-blast-shield.jpg

1109873503369490472.jpg
Everyone seen this? Guess they're doing another luke? Can't tell if thats supposed to be the old DX

EDIT that is actually the old luke

Not really, it places the new figures in the context of the whole line

Yeah weird they would display that with ben though at the Disney expo and not something new

Not really, it places the new figures in the context of the whole line

But why print a card with the price? Or does the card say "This was available a couple of years ago for ¥36000, make a note of it". :dunno

Back