1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll add to it! I took a few shots recently and these two didn’t completely suck ... having a renaissance pulling figures out and reposing them at the moment ...

ecab47e8d04d05f8964aa71ae10a8ad7.png

e5ad66ce5730eefc1db9e383193224a4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys.
I am collecting info about this figure: tips/tricks/issues/fixes/important mods/best practices/etc etc etc.
Any saviour thread crawler willing to synthesize any community conclusions regarding this figure?
To get things started, has anybody considered that the original SSC old Ben hs might be mod into looking more accurate than HT's?
Thanks,
m.

Hi guys.
I am collecting info about this figure: tips/tricks/issues/fixes/important mods/best practices/etc etc etc.
Any saviour thread crawler willing to synthesize any community conclusions regarding this figure?
To get things started, has anybody considered that the original SSC old Ben hs might be mod into looking more accurate than HT's?
Thanks,
m.
Not many issues, tips or tricks with this figure..it's great out of the box. The only thing you have to do is futz with the robes a bit. It's great that HT didn't include wires in the cuffs or hood..as it's not needed at all to get a perfect look. No, I definitely wouldn't mess with that SS version. Even if you were a master painter and did a complete overhaul on that version, the sculpt would still be softer and oversized. I'd say all you really need to do to make this figure more accurate is add a little bit of blond coloured paint to the mustache area.

OK thanks for your help chalor.
Anyone else?
Thanks!!
m.
Not many issues, tips or tricks with this figure..it's great out of the box. The only thing you have to do is futz with the robes a bit. It's great that HT didn't include wires in the cuffs or hood..as it's not needed at all to get a perfect look. No, I definitely wouldn't mess with that SS version. Even if you were a master painter and did a complete overhaul on that version, the sculpt would still be softer and oversized. I'd say all you really need to do to make this figure more accurate is add a little bit of blond coloured paint to the mustache area.

I dunno, I had the figure and sold it. The sculpt really didn't capture Alec Gunniess to me at all, but many on here like it. The inner robe looks like a bathrobe and the outer robe/cloak is like a chamois fabric that looked too dark to my eye. Belt is nicely done, as is the sabers. The hands have a really detailed sculpt and great paint but they look like a 100 year old's hands. The boots are amazingly good but it's hard to see them. I considered the Ben to be one of HT's misses.

I ended up buying a really amazingly repainted Sideshow version (had never seen that in hand before) and am really happy with that, though the old SSC heads are a bit oversized and the stock paint is terrible, as is the belt (saber is close to HT quality.) I feel like the best Ben robes are the Sideshow hooded cloak and the Hasbro inner robe. The HT inner robe is unusable (ladies spa bathrobe) and the SSC inner robe is too coarse of a weave.

I never liked the stock HT figure either, because of the lacklustre headsculpt and the poor quality clothing. So I went for a 3rd party custom outfit, with a Jnix sculpt and the Hot Toys belt & saber. Really happy with this figure :yess:

1A4EC508-789F-4F14-8E99-805264B28265.jpg
0AAE15BC-7C91-4C64-99ED-07F649448E44.jpg
5377E3B1-BE6A-44F8-9C3A-F7D78BA01D88.jpg

I don’t know, I don’t really have any issues with the stock HT outfit, it’s just the sculpt that’s off for me. However, I have him displayed with the hood on and his lightsaber drawn, so it sort of conceals it a bit.

I gave my Kenobi the whole ss outfit even the turtle neck sweater as the HT one looked cheap as well. I do love Jnix`s sculpt he made as the stock sculpt was not cutting it.

I never liked the stock HT figure either, because of the lacklustre headsculpt and the poor quality clothing. So I went for a 3rd party custom outfit, with a Jnix sculpt and the Hot Toys belt & saber. Really happy with this figure :yess:

That looks great! Who painted that Ben, T?

I don’t know, I don’t really have any issues with the stock HT outfit, it’s just the sculpt that’s off for me. However, I have him displayed with the hood on and his lightsaber drawn, so it sort of conceals it a bit.
Agreed. Although I’m not quite the stickler for some of this stuff as other collectors. To my eyes though the outfit is completely fine. Just the sculpt knocks it down.a couple pegs. I still like the figure though.

Agreed. Although I’m not quite the stickler for some of this stuff as other collectors. To my eyes though the outfit is completely fine. Just the sculpt knocks it down.a couple pegs. I still like the figure though.

My precise sentiments as well.

Back