1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Obi Wan.

W1Woomt.jpg

5a1UZcG.jpg

jqtjum3.jpg

Pkg2HZW.jpg

yRhBJdc.jpg

4y32UB6.jpg

eqc0RjR.jpg

c4iAjnT.jpg

Last edited:
My phone's auto focus gets schizophrenic up close on anything. Sometimes it's clear, most times it's not.

Sometimes, I feel the best option for a figure that you absolutely KNOW that you really want or know that you may end up wanting to eventually get is to just PO it when it first goes up for PO, that way you know you're getting it for no more than the initial intended retail price. It may end up being sold for less on the secondary market, but it may also skyrocket.

Buy, then ask questions later basically. If you don't like it, you can always sell it.

Yeah, I've been pretty hesistant to pre-order these things. I really would like to see the actual finished product before I pre-order, instead of the prototypes.

I'm in that position with Rey at the moment. I'm really not a fan of her sculpt/expression. I should probably just order it because even if I don't like her sculpt I can just display her in scavenger mode.

Just got mine a few hours ago and snapped these few unfutzed pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    749.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    767.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    758.4 KB · Views: 206
^^ That second close up pic might be the best I've ever seen this sculpt. A lot of Guinness there.:clap

I've said it before, but it's worth saying again. The likeness is pretty good, it's missing Sir Alec's expression of gentle and regretful warmth he did so well that added so much to the portrayal.

I do like mine, but he looks so grim.

Okay I have had Obi for a month or so. I finally decided to take pictures .Over all really nice figure.
47ae3dd90e00783673dbf54b2d410c1a.jpg
660319cf20b6fb7305f985ec5e1ed194.jpg

Last edited:
^^ That second close up pic might be the best I've ever seen this sculpt. A lot of Guinness there.:clap

I agree, it reminds me of one of the old Topps cards.

The thing about the OT figures is that you're never going to lose money on them so it makes sense to buy and then decide, if you have the funds to do so.

I decided not to PO and as time went on i've regretted it more and more. I finally found one locally and new for about $60 over retail. I was going to do the same with Leia and now i'm not taking my chances.

I just got this figure yesterday. I have to say that I'm really impressed with him in person. The quality of this figure is just outstanding, which softens the blow of the 2nd market price I had to pay for him.

I decided not to PO and as time went on i've regretted it more and more. I finally found one locally and new for about $60 over retail. I was going to do the same with Leia and now i'm not taking my chances.

I wonder if Leia is going to sell out in record time because people are frightened of missing her.

I'm extremely grateful that I snared the last of this guy from my LCS at retail when I did.

However, I'm not grateful that I didn't snare the Han and Chewie set from them at retail when they had it. :lol

Back