1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm...just payed 75 bucks for a set of v2 gloves. It doesn't even include the lightsaber arm. Dark side of this hobby.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be able to do that, knowing I likely wouldn’t need/use all of them. Despite the v1 gloves being subpar, there’s ways around it by simply putting him in poses that conceals them.

The entire figure is stock V2 ANH (Tarkin 2 Pack)

Dang... I really should’ve bought the two pack. I knew I wanted Tarkin and bought him alone because I already have ANH Vader. Since then, I’ve dropped some cash on the V2 gloves from a fellow forum user and Toy Anxiety. Now I want that armor too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been debating swapping my R1 Vader over to the ANH v2 since I want a Vader with a light up saber. Just might be a hassle since I dont want Tarkin at all.

...since I dont want Tarkin at all.

giphy.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, I only have multiples if the look of that character is vastly different from film to film, such as the case with Luke, or if it’s a character I really like. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Vader, but at the same time, Vader is Vader. I can’t really justify spending $300 just to have another version simply because the dials on the chest box are a bit different and he has a few other subtle differences here and there. Same applies for me to a character like Chewie, and even Yoda.

Exactly the same as my philosophy!

I have 5 Lukes now!! A New Hope Farmboy, A New Hope Stormtrooper Disguise, ESB Snowspeeder Pilot, ESB Bespin, ROTJ Jedi!!!

And 3 Hans, so far! A New Hope Smuggler, A New Hope Stormtrooper Disguise, ESB Hoth, all with Jnix custom sculpts. I will probably buy the eventual Bespin figure when it's released too!

Was only getting certain figures in 1/6 scale, the rest, like Tarkin, I got in the Black Series line. Think its a great looking figure, just not one I need at the 1/6 scale lol

Are the molded gloved hands on the Rogue1 figure and the Vader in the Tarkin 2 pack the same? Would they match each other?

Been debating swapping my R1 Vader over to the ANH v2 since I want a Vader with a light up saber. Just might be a hassle since I dont want Tarkin at all.

I'm kinda feeling like doing the same thing (except it would be swapping from ANH V1 to V2). I feel like the body suit fits better from the pics I've seen, and of course the gloves are the biggest draw.

Does anyone know if there are other improvements over the V1 on the Tarkin 2-pack release?

If I went to the v2 ANH Vader, I think I’d still ideally prefer the sculpt from v1, as well as the chest box. The weathering on the v2 sculpt I think is a bit too overdone compared to the v1, and the spacing of the dials on the v1 chest box look more accurate to my eye. I’d also probably go with the R1 belt and boxes if you want the more weathered look, or at least still the belt from v1, which to me is still passable. Basically, one without that little stud to the left of the belt buckle like the v2 belt has. My only concern is that it may militate against you being able to slide the belt boxes over closer to the buckle. If it doesn’t, then no worries on the belt.

Of any of those though, I’d at least put the v1 chest box on it if nothing else.

I’ve sometimes contemplated swapping the v1 for the v2 as well, being that I have an extra v1 chest box when I got a new belt for it, that I’d be able to use on the v2.

I'm kinda feeling like doing the same thing (except it would be swapping from ANH V1 to V2). I feel like the body suit fits better from the pics I've seen, and of course the gloves are the biggest draw.

Does anyone know if there are other improvements over the V1 on the Tarkin 2-pack release?

You would need both v1 & v2 to make a proper ANH Vader.

Like many, I bought a complete set of the gloves and a pair of boots (have the strap missing on v1) from the v2 to swap with my v1. It's nice that the chest and belt boxes are weathered, but the v1 I believe is more accurate. The chest box is weathered and larger on the v2, but I don't like how small the buttons look. And same with belt boxes. Nice they are weathered, but they are over sized and a little different in detail.

The biggest problems for me with the Tarkin v2 ANH Vader is the lightsaber hilt being wrong, as they included the RO (movie mistake)/ESB hilt. Which also makes the light up arm wrong as it too has the wrong lightsaber hilt, even though it has the better gloves. After having the correct version with v1, how on earth they messed that up is beyond reasoning. :slap Especially since the RO figure didn't even have a light up saber arm. And also the shoulder bells are wrong being painted black. rather than the correct grey like the chest armor. Again, makes no sense. v2 is like an amalgam of parts from ANH v1 & RO (and studs on belt and chest box from ESB even although they seem to maybe be accurate with some movie stills even though mostly not visible).

v3 will fix all this eventually...:rotfl

You would need both v1 & v2 to make a proper ANH Vader.

Like many, I bought a complete set of the gloves and a pair of boots (have the strap missing on v1) from the v2 to swap with my v1. It's nice that the chest and belt boxes are weathered, but the v1 I believe is more accurate. The chest box is weathered and larger on the v2, but I don't like how small the buttons look. And same with belt boxes. Nice they are weathered, but they are over sized and a little different in detail.

The biggest problems for me with the Tarkin v2 ANH Vader is the lightsaber hilt being wrong, as they included the RO (movie mistake)/ESB hilt. Which also makes the light up arm wrong as it too has the wrong lightsaber hilt, even though it has the better gloves. After having the correct version with v1, how on earth they messed that up is beyond reasoning. :slap Especially since the RO figure didn't even have a light up saber arm. And also the shoulder bells are wrong being painted black. rather than the correct grey like the chest armor. Again, makes no sense. v2 is like an amalgam of parts from ANH v1 & RO (and studs on belt and chest box from ESB even although they seem to maybe be accurate with some movie stills even though mostly not visible).

v3 will fix all this eventually...:rotfl

Ahh thanks man, that's some really helpful info there! The chest box/belt variations, etc.. dont really bother me so much, but the sabre handle might be something that does.

Really my main concern is which one looks more like a "man in a suit", and I could have sworn I saw pics at one point where the V2 body suit looked like it was better fitted to the figure. Honestly if there's not much difference there, I would probably call it aday and just keep the V1, fugly gloves and all lol

Yeah, that’s mostly why I’ve contemplated trading for the v2, is just because of the better fitting suit. Everything else (sans gloves and maybe cape), I think v1 has the upper hand.

I think both figures though use the same body. Maybe you could just pick up a parted out v2 suit, strip the v1 and put the v2 suit on, then put it back together.

Yeah, that’s mostly why I’ve contemplated trading for the v2, is just because of the better fitting suit. Everything else (sans gloves and maybe cape), I think v1 has the upper hand.

I think both figures though use the same body. Maybe you could just pick up a parted out v2 suit, strip the v1 and put the v2 suit on, then put it back together.

Oh that sounds like that would be the preferred route! Now to find a suit parted out that would be the hard part I imagine

I got the v2 suit some time ago for the eventually trade-out of the oversized v1 suit. v2 looks much better fitting of course.

I'm long overdue to bash my ANH Vader after collecting the best parts from RO and v2.

I have not seen any loose V2 Vader on sale at Ebay yet..only ridiculously high V1 Vaders there.

Back