1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Vader looks incredible! I'm working on bashing together a Vader, can someone help? I bought HT ANH body what do the ankle pegs look like and would the SS Vader boots work on that body? Thanks in advance

Unboxed this bad boy today... Man is he imposing:

YSyNlQl.jpg

I was surprised to see he's larger than the Mark 45.

Haven't done some real futzing yet, but I did attempt to remove the tunic wires and failed. How do you guys feed the wire out? From the bottom of the tunic? The bottom edge of my tunic has a very thick seam on it (like the cloth was folded into itself). I do not see how the wire can come out there. What am I missing?

I just used a razor to cut the seam
right above the bottom and fished it out. Didn't even bother re-sewing.

Took a few pics of this guy with my custom (unfinished) meditation chamber diorama. Sadly, the stock body and suit wasn't articulated in the legs to get to the sitting position, so I used another body and suit and combined parts from the ANH Vader.

in the film they had taken off the codpiece so he can sit. there are a bunch of behind the scenes pics i've seen where he's not wearing it.

This Vader looks incredible! I'm working on bashing together a Vader, can someone help? I bought HT ANH body what do the ankle pegs look like and would the SS Vader boots work on that body? Thanks in advance

Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread? Just want to know if these parts are compatible. Thanks

in the film they had taken off the codpiece so he can sit. there are a bunch of behind the scenes pics i've seen where he's not wearing it.

Cool! I never noticed that. There isn't any problem with the codpiece of the figure though. Its the HT body suit and probably its thickness in the leg area that restricts the articulation.

Took a few pics of this guy with my custom (unfinished) meditation chamber diorama. Sadly, the stock body and suit wasn't articulated in the legs to get to the sitting position, so I used another body and suit and combined parts from the ANH Vader.

now this I would love to have in my detolf awesome. I bought the Rogue one vader outfit to swap out the ANH outfit to see which version I like better.

Love it! Well done:clap

I really didn't like Vader until now, that's after swapping out the fat body/suit for RO version. Since I hated the shiny/glossy head sculpt, boots, huge cod piece, and armor from RO........I ended up keeping everything else to swap it out to use on my ANH.

Hey guys, I finally broke down and grabbed an ANH Vader. This thread is huge and I know it's come up before, but I'm just going to ask again now. How did you guys deal with the belt? It's too loose imo and I can't get the little control boxes close to to belt buckle because the underside of the belt has velcro strips preventing it.

Hey guys, I finally broke down and grabbed an ANH Vader. This thread is huge and I know it's come up before, but I'm just going to ask again now. How did you guys deal with the belt? It's too loose imo and I can't get the little control boxes close to to belt buckle because the underside of the belt has velcro strips preventing it.

For my boxes, I just slightly bent the hooks outward (only the two on each box that would actually be around the Velcro) with tweezers, being careful not to break them off entirely, so that way they're able to accommodate the thickness of and hook over the Velcro.

I think it was only 2 of the 4 hooks on each box that would be around the Velcro at least, not all 4. Even if so, just do the same with bending them outward a bit.

Back