1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
87bb75dc4c1d042f1eb06303b00b5c42.jpg

0096799668a3feafbe0b8780cda095ef.jpg

My dueling with Obi pose. This is my favorite Ep IV Vader moment. I do have Obi posed to face off with him, but I'm waiting on some toy store level display cases to set them all up properly.

My%20Vader%2005.jpg

And now he finally has the gloves he always should have had (from the Rogue One figure). A little difficult to get them over the puffy suit on Ep IV Vader, but works.

IMG_20170220_143340.jpg

Nice! I like how you have him holding the saber left handed 👍🏽

My LHS is no longer going to sell Hot Toys figures so they are going to give me a refund on some pre-orders I have made. This figure is available from them for $250 so I can swap one of my pre-orders for this. Is it worth getting? Any problems so far with this figure?

Thanks!

I love this figure. The gloves are the biggest problem for most collectors and there are of course inaccuracies to the helmet and armor but to me he is Vader. I put the Rogue one gloves on him since they are sculpted instead of fabric and couldn't be happier. I always liked how rough Vader's suit is in Star Wars versus how pristine his suit is in Empire. If you like his look in Star Wars go for it. If you prefer his Empire Look you may want to wait.

I love this figure. The gloves are the biggest problem for most collectors and there are of course inaccuracies to the helmet and armor but to me he is Vader. I put the Rogue one gloves on him since they are sculpted instead of fabric and couldn't be happier. I always liked how rough Vader's suit is in Star Wars versus how pristine his suit is in Empire. If you like his look in Star Wars go for it. If you prefer his Empire Look you may want to wait.

Thanks! Right now, it's between this and Robocop (with the chair). I'm leaning on Vader, since he is Vader. He'll always be one of the most iconic characters in cinema.

Have there been any problems with the fabrics they used in this figure? That is probably one of my biggest concerns. So far all I've read/watched are issues regarding his voice feature (which I don't care about). I might use soapbox for the saber arm and that's about it.

My LHS is no longer going to sell Hot Toys figures so they are going to give me a refund on some pre-orders I have made. This figure is available from them for $250 so I can swap one of my pre-orders for this. Is it worth getting? Any problems so far with this figure?

Thanks!

Go for it. The only only issue regarding the use of R1 gloves is that you won't be able to use the light up saber.

Mine still has the stock gloves. I'm really not bothered with it. Might try to grab some R1 gloves if I have the chance, though.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Took the plunge and got this bad boy. I'm happy!

Now off to find another HT dealer in my country. I lost my Mk 46 and Mk 6 diecast pre-orders due to HT withdrawing from that dealer.

It would be awesome if they made custom ones on one sixth kit. Would save a lot of collectors a lot of money.

They (the R1gloves) should go no problems. With mine I wrapped the suit at the wrists with teflon tape so it wouldn't bunch up and the gloves went on no probs. One set of gloves comes with the pegs pre installed but if u wanna use other hands I would put the extra pegs on the figure first then heat the gloves and put then on. Otherwise those pegs are a pain to install in the gloves holes. Also the original ANH pegs fit as well if u want options for posing and for having gloves ready to just pop on and off

Who knows when HT will do more original trilogy stuff. Yoda is already delayed and HT is focusing more on new stuff ever since TFA came out.

They'll figure it out. Tfa troopers are door stops and tfa chewie is about to spark an international conflict.

Stick to OT and do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1654.jpgIMG_1655.jpgIMG_1656.jpg

Really like the Rogue One gloves on the New Hope Vader. Only issue I really had with him. Still prefer the beat up armor to the pristine armor. More menacing to me that he has seen battle

Back