1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They even did that I recall during the first run.

The figure was shipping, but for some reason is still stated "Pre-Order".

Yup they did, if they don't get the full shipment (which they didn't last time), or like TonTon suggested there are more than one wave, it will show pre-order until they have rcv'd all their stock in, and then sell until sold out. At least that is what I would guess is happening...

I really want to get this, but the modding this needs is riduculous

Don't be discouraged by everyone's mods. I received him today, and just opened him a couple of hours ago. He needs a lot of futzing, but looks amazing right out of the box!

I'm finally happy with this figure. I moved him out of the detolf and back into his box and sold it in eBay. :lol

Just kidding, but I did take him out of the detolf and put him up top. The lights do not do him any service and up top makes him look so awesome and imposing. Lights also make the suit too shiny for me. Looks darker, more regal, and looking up at him makes the legs look less stubby. Win all around.

Hmmm... I was maybe going to pull the trigger on this guy with all my RP's once it was in-stock but there's a definite whiff of faint praise about this figure.:lol

Ive got this guy coming. Not planning on doing any mods. He will be my first vader so I imagine I will be very impressed/happy with what I get. I dont think i will bother with the voice sfx features either. Im always scared I break something if I mess around with these things too much. They are fragile enough as it is. I do love to pose them regularly though.

Before I bought this I wondered whether I would've been just as happy to simply mod my SS ANH Vader.

300 U.S. later and I have my answer:

...yup.

Before I bought this I wondered whether I would've been just as happy to simply mod my SS ANH Vader.

...yup.

Really?

From the pics ive seen I would say despite the HT flaws, it still looks way better than the SS.

...yup.

Really?

From the pics ive seen I would say despite the HT flaws, it still looks way better than the SS.

I have to say I agree with Jonnyc. I never intended on getting this HT Vader, thinking I would wait for an ESB version and maybe do some small upgrades to my Sideshow ANH Vader. But I eventually did get the HT Vader and seeing them side by side IRL, there’s no real comparison. It would take significant modding to get the Sideshow Vader up to HT Vader's standards—more time, money and effort than I would be willing to put into it. Even with HT Vader’s shortcomings, it’s still better out of the box than the Sideshow.

Getting my Vader today. So excited to put him in the classic battle with Obi. :yess:

Getting my Vader today too, got noticed of it being on delivery truck on way to destination. I have to wait until my birthday to open it which isn't until next month. just knowing I have it is good for now though.

My Vader's belt wasn't buckled in the package. So I didn't have to worry about it being glued together at the factory. I'm carefully handling this delicate belt while putting the batteries in the boxes and moving them near the buckle.

Sent from the bat cave

I just got my Vader and I can see this is very nicely made. And by some miracle, I got this 1 in a brown shipper by SS. :clap

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
Back