1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think i should order from bigbadtoystore and lose my nrd from sideshow or should i just hold out a little longer?

I would call and see if you can get the NRD refunded given the amount of time that has gone on. Didn't it originally say January as estimated arrival? Worth a try. But otherwise I'd personally sit tight cause I'm cheap.

Btw, superior work on vader!

What matte paint did you use on the hands? I was searching for matte coating paint but only saw spray cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I use Vallejo premium black paint

I've been bugging the hell out of Jazz, so I figured I'd give him a break and post a question here [emoji4]
Some have buffed Vaders helmet using either a buffing compound or buffing paste. I went looking for these and there are a ton of different ones. Since I obviously have zero knowledge of this stuff, can anyone recommend one?

I've been bugging the hell out of Jazz, so I figured I'd give him a break and post a question here [emoji4]
Some have buffed Vaders helmet using either a buffing compound or buffing paste. I went looking for these and there are a ton of different ones. Since I obviously have zero knowledge of this stuff, can anyone recommend one?

Actually, because you only want to do a light buffing to get somewhere between gloss and Matt, any buffing agent will be fine. You're not trying to work up to a high gloss, so some small scratches and marks are part of the weathering and most of the compounds will be much finer than you need for this effect

Actually, because you only want to do a light buffing to get somewhere between gloss and Matt, any buffing agent will be fine. You're not trying to work up to a high gloss, so some small scratches and marks are part of the weathering and most of the compounds will be much finer than you need for this effect

Right. I guess I was asking because I searched on Amazon and there were these different color bricks of compound (white, red, green...but no black). So I started thinking that the color mattered. I thought there would just be bottles that said "buffing compound" lol.

JazzInc, just absolutely awesome looking. Now... if this was stock HT that would make it the best Vader ever trumping the Marmit by loads. The stock is on par with the Marmit in my view with each their separate strengths and flaws... but yours... just WOW.

Can someone explain how to remove the wiring from the robe? I really don't want to go through 956 pages ;)

Hi guys, how do you like my Vader?
24317cdfe6df293dff9299a966b3415c.jpg

Having your cake and eating it too!

Good to see Vader looking good with no mods. Blends perfectly if the new Leia figure

The only mod I think that's absolutely needed is just simply moving up the belt and cod piece.... That alone makes a huge difference and much more accurate portrayal of ANH Vader. I'm happy with just that. Most other mods are such fine details. Some of these modded figures are simply amazing and look incredible like actual screen caps & photos, but I don't think I have the skills or cajones to do what these guys do. Cutting, sanding, painting.... blows my mind of the skills and patience on here. :clap I lose my mind and patience sometimes just simply futzing around for a pose... :gah: I do love looking at the awesome jaw dropping pictures though... :)

The only mod I think that's absolutely needed is just simply moving up the belt and cod piece.... That alone makes a huge difference and much more accurate portrayal of ANH Vader. I'm happy with just that. Most other mods are such fine details. Some of these modded figures are simply amazing and look incredible like actual screen caps & photos, but I don't think I have the skills or cajones to do what these guys do. Cutting, sanding, painting.... blows my mind of the skills and patience on here. :clap I lose my mind and patience sometimes just simply futzing around for a pose... :gah: I do love looking at the awesome jaw dropping pictures though... :)

I agree! The belt and codpiece mod make an enormous difference right off the bat, and it was good enough for me to be happy with my Vader. And yeah, I don't have the stones to do the mods these brave souls have done! And I actually have an arts background! I just hate doing something drastic to a $300 piece!

Kudos to all you modders!

Back